Free Free Free dining plan is back and info!

Jerm

Look what I just got in my e-mail! Thank Walt I am going to miss it by about 2 weeks, so everyone that was planning on going the first week of Aug push back to the end of Aug now!!!! But have fun all you that have to go during this time! It looks like they cut back on the time it is avaliable????

The Free Disney Dining Plan Offer Is Back!

On April 10, 2008 Disney will once again be offering the Disney Dining Plan for FREE for vacation dates between August 24, 2008 and September 20, 2008! This is a savings of $37.99 per adult, per day!!! Enjoy all the wonderful dining experiences Walt Disney World has to offer without breaking your budget!

The Disney Dining Plan allows you to have one quick service meal, one table service meal and one snack per person, per day. You can enjoy the wonderful food at most restaurants throughout the parks and resorts.

Want an even more amazing deal? Check out the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan which offers three meals (quick service or table service) and two snacks per day. During the FREE Dining Plan offer period, you can get this wonderful upgrade for less than half price!

mrssparrow

:( Here's to hoping that the free dining starts a few weeks earlier!!!! I was hoping to get in on it for our trip Aug13-19... *****fingers crossed****

Upvote 0

imamouse

I was hoping the end date for free dining would be Sept 27 as speculated on various sites. Looks like I'm going to miss out on free dining this year :brick:. At least I have a DDE card.

Upvote 0

Azerin

Those dates are kinda interesting... I had free dining last year and took advantage of the bounce back offer which was good for September... anytime in September... and I booked my trip for the last week (arrive on the 20th I think)... so the dates for this offer don't match exactly to the bounceback offer... glad I took the bounceback offer!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have missed it the past 2 years so this year...we are in!! Plus it is actually cheaper to stay at a resort in August....2 bonuses!! (We are staying 8/24-31)

Now I just hope I can get through on the phone!!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

WDWFigment

To all those hoping Disney will offer this in early-mid August--why would Disney do this? This is offered to pull people to the parks after school is back in session. That's the same reason resort rates are cheaper. In early/mid August, the parks are still pretty busy, so there is no reason to offer free dining. Disney isn't extending this offer out of mere generosity, after all. I only wish I could take my vacation a little later, but I never can, and always miss this by a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0

prberk

Anyone know if this can be used by Shades of Green visitors in any way?

Or if you are staying at a WDW resort on a discounted rate (such as AA or AP)?

Paul

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Woo-Hoo! We were going in September again anyway but since we didn't do the bounceback we were really hoping for it! And... I just booked an got all my ADRs earlier today before I read this post! :D

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Anyone know if this can be used by Shades of Green visitors in any way?

Or if you are staying at a WDW resort on a discounted rate (such as AA or AP)?

Paul
You are not allowed to combine discounts so you need to choose the better discount and go with it. With this Free Dining it is hard to secure certain resorts so that is always something to keep in mind.

Upvote 0

XS-Spence

I HATE:fork: HATE:mad: HATE:hurl: Free Dining.

The few that actually make reservations during this period are totally outweighed by the MASSES who don't. You guys have NO idea how many times a day we hear "I got this plan and now I can't use it?!?" It's an unnecessary stress on Front Offices and Food and Beverage locations throughout property. Travel company doesn't seem to care either. The more bodies they can get into the resort during the slow season the better, reguardless of if they explain the plan to the guests or not. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not an incredible deal. I would just view it as bad of a time to visit as Christmas week or Spring Break as far as getting an ADR goes.

Sorry, that was mostly a vent, and all opinion. I have a pretty solid feeling that the people here that take advantage of the Free MYW+Dine plan make your ADR's far in advance. I just wish you guys would rub off on the clueless ones (or that Central Reservations would make sure they tell the guests to make reservations or they will be Poo-out-of-luck).

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I HATE:fork: HATE:mad: HATE:hurl: Free Dining.

The few that actually make reservations during this period are totally outweighed by the MASSES who don't. You guys have NO idea how many times a day we hear "I got this plan and now I can't use it?!?" It's an unnecessary stress on Front Offices and Food and Beverage locations throughout property. Travel company doesn't seem to care either. The more bodies they can get into the resort during the slow season the better, reguardless of if they explain the plan to the guests or not. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not an incredible deal. I would just view it as bad of a time to visit as Christmas week or Spring Break as far as getting an ADR goes.

Sorry, that was mostly a vent, and all opinion. I have a pretty solid feeling that the people here that take advantage of the Free MYW+Dine plan make your ADR's far in advance. I just wish you guys would rub off on the clueless ones (or that Central Reservations would make sure they tell the guests to make reservations or they will be Poo-out-of-luck).

In their defense, guests are told but don't remember, act, or bother and think they'll be okay.

Each time there is free dining or heck, any dining, people post to these forums and ask about reservations. I always say to make them, make them now, for the love of god make your reservations. 50 other people chime in that they were able to just walk up to Shutters or Olivias and viola - they decide not to make reservations and then try to walk up to Chef Mickeys.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom