Free Dining with Disney Visa

My email said it will be available to the general public on Monday, March 5th.

I've got a quick question - my family always stays 7 nights and 8 days. The email said free dining with the purchase of a 5 night/6 day package. If free dining becomes available for our trip (10/20-10/27), will we be eligible for free dining with our 7 night/8 day trip. I just don't want to keep my hopes up if we are in fact not eligible because of the length of stay. Thanks.

Mad Stitch

Hey, Master Yoda. Quick question for you. We're a family of 4 and we're planning to travel late Oct/early Nov. I'm assuming free dining will be offered. My mom's thinking about coming with us which would bump us up to 5. If that happens, I think we'd have to look at the Art of Animation suites. Since those are technically Value, would they include the Quick Dining Plan or do the suites qualify for the regular dining plan?

Thanks!

I just received the offer e-mail. The Art of Animation is excluded.

DisneyJoe

My email said it will be available to the general public on Monday, March 5th.

I've got a quick question - my family always stays 7 nights and 8 days. The email said free dining with the purchase of a 5 night/6 day package. If free dining becomes available for our trip (10/20-10/27), will we be eligible for free dining with our 7 night/8 day trip. I just don't want to keep my hopes up if we are in fact not eligible because of the length of stay. Thanks.

5 night is their sample pricing.

You need a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights and at least 2 day tickets to qualify.

sublimesting

OK just got off the phone with Disney and the initial CM that my KK consultant spoke with was incorrect. And it only makes sense, you can in fact roll those tix into the purchase of an AP. So I am saving about $450 by doing this and get to eat at more than just a couple of sit downs.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK just got off the phone with Disney and the initial CM that my KK consultant spoke with was incorrect. And it only makes sense, you can in fact roll those tix into the purchase of an AP. So I am saving about $450 by doing this and get to eat at more than just a couple of sit downs.
Good to hear.

maine native

I hope the dates expand. My family will be there 8/18-8/25. There are no discounts at all for July and all of August except the last week. Maybe I will just cancel and go to Universal for the week. :brick::confused::shrug::mad:

RalphinSC

TIWL is not always a way better deal. TIWL is 20% off but with a mandatory 18% gratuity. So to think of it another way with TIWL you pay the price of the meal and don't have to tip....for a fee of $75.00

I can see your math there, but even the DDP now no longer includes tip so it's an add-on with both the TIW and Free dining. So in reality, that 18% is a wash either way...

firekymmie

Hi Since they skipped the summer for this offer does that mean they are not running a discount in July? Thats what I have been waiting on. Thanks

lebeau

We stayed at the All Star Music Family Suites and the free dining still only qualified for the Quick Dining Plan. :(

Thanks! Yeah, I called and verified. AoA is bloacked out and ASM only qualifies for the Quick Dining.

On the upside, the princess rooms at POR are included in the deal. So, we may give those a try if/when they open up our dates.

jumblue

I hope the dates expand. My family will be there 8/18-8/25. There are no discounts at all for July and all of August except the last week.

I'm looking at the same problem and almost identical time-frame. MouseSavers has a nifty chart here showing when they announce deals and the travel times: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codetrends

Once it's open to the public, I'll try calling to see I can still add it (where I'm leaving a couple days after it starts, technically we are "travelling" during that time). Otherwise, I might have to start hitting the ramen noodles big time this spring...

wylde75

It's been offered the last few years. Obviously, that's no guarantee. But past history is really all I can go by.

Hey I dont want to break your heart, but i recieved an email today offering the free dining to the visa card members and the last day of the free dining in this offer was September 29th. I dont know if they will extend it or offer another plan. Hope this helps. Sorry to be bearer of bad news:cry:

wannabeBelle

Hi All, Sorry a bit late to the party, but I'll throw my two cents in:
1) Any ticket can be upgraded to a ticket of higher value. So a 2 day ticket can certainly be applied towards an Annual Pass.
2) I wouldnt rule out any other discounts but from what I have seen July and August are booking pretty well, so there may be no need for any discounts and anything that does come out, JUMP ON as soon as possible as I Am sure availability will be scarce.
3) No word on any extension of these dates have been announced as of the moment, but there may be other discounts. Make sure that you are keeping your eyes open for any other discounts while you are waiting. If you have booked with KK we are already doing that for you, so no worries there.
Happy planning everyone!!! Marie

domandtab

If you want to stay at a value resort, you can upgrade the free quick service dining to regular dining by requesting it and paying the difference in cost between the 2 plans. for a family of 4 cost us around 140 for our jan trip and may trip last year!!!!

scoobygirl39541

Hoping for some early December discounts soon :/ I remember last year we had everything booked with a discount by late February. This year, its already March and nothing :veryconfu

sublimesting

Thanks! Yeah, I called and verified. AoA is bloacked out and ASM only qualifies for the Quick Dining.

On the upside, the princess rooms at POR are included in the deal. So, we may give those a try if/when they open up our dates.

Keep in mind you can pay a nominal charge to upgrade a counter service to a table service free dining if you are staying at the value resorts.

sublimesting

Hey I dont want to break your heart, but i recieved an email today offering the free dining to the visa card members and the last day of the free dining in this offer was September 29th. I dont know if they will extend it or offer another plan. Hope this helps. Sorry to be bearer of bad news:cry:

I'm not sure how the plan will work this year exactly but in the past all that you had to do was start your trip within those dates. For example, if you arrive for a 14 night stay on September 29, then you would get free dining for the duration of your trip. This has been the case with us for our last 3 trips.

Couple questions about the free dining. My wife and myself and our children our dvc members and will be in Disney World during the free dining promo. I know since we will be using our dvc points we are not eligible. However my wifes exteded family will all be going as well and staying at pop. Would it be possible to put myself, wife, and children under their reservation so that we can take advantage of the free dining. :slurp:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Couple questions about the free dining. My wife and myself and our children our dvc members and will be in Disney World during the free dining promo. I know since we will be using our dvc points we are not eligible. However my wifes exteded family will all be going as well and staying at pop. Would it be possible to put myself, wife, and children under their reservation so that we can take advantage of the free dining. :slurp:
Yes and no. Room occupancy maxes out at 4. Once you hit that number you would need to get another room. You would also need to purchase a minimum of a 2 day ticket on the pop century reservation to get free dining. If you can fit the 2 groups together under those restraints then you can get free quick service dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom