Free Dining UK

Hotdogs

The Free Dining offer for 2009 is now available for UK visitors on the WDW UK Website for travel between 2nd Aug and 3rd Oct. It is the quick service dining plan of two counter service meals two snacks and the resort mug.

mousefan1972

It would appear from the link that the good Captain provided that the dates are Aug 2 - Oct 3, not Oct. 30th. So now the speculation will begin as to whether or not the US offer will mirror the UK one. :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

It would appear from the link that the good Captain provided that the dates are Aug 2 - Oct 3, not Oct. 30th. So now the speculation will begin as to whether or not the US offer will mirror the UK one. :lol:

It never does. Those from the UK always get a longer span of dates. It's possible and probable for bounceback offers to fall in those dates, but by the time the general public offer comes in April, the weeks offered will be less.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

It never does. Those from the UK always get a longer span of dates. It's possible and probable for bounceback offers to fall in those dates, but by the time the general public offer comes in April, the weeks offered will be less.

Yeah, I should have clarified that I meant the counter service/snacks/refillable mug plan instead of the TS plan as the offer. I wasn't referring to the dates. My bad.

Upvote 0

Brewer

We have annual passes and will be there next year again during those times.

Do you think this can be extended to us?

These free dining packages are about the only thing i don't fully understand.

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

Original Poster
The Dining Offer is only available at moderate and deluxe resorts. If you stay at a moderate you get the Quick Service Dining Plan and the Dining Service Plan for deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

EmOhYouEssE

We have annual passes and will be there next year again during those times.

Do you think this can be extended to us?

These free dining packages are about the only thing i don't fully understand.

It's been my understanding that if you want the dining plan (even if it's not free), you will have to purchase a one day base ticket for everyone in your party. Keep in mind, that ticket will not expire as long as you don't use it, and you can use it towards the purchase of your AP the next year if you choose to get one.

Not sure how it works with UK visitors though, as there may be special exemptions or something due to UK visitors usually having longer vacations/holidays. I would recommend calling a travel agent in your area that specializes in Disney vacations. Unless you have free long distance, even to the US, then you may just want to call Disney directly.

Em

Upvote 0

Hotdogs

Original Poster
You have to stay for at least five nights and purchase a ticket for the length of your stay they are offering the 14 day for the price of 7 at the moment.

Upvote 0

Brewer

Thanks Em.

The travel agents in the UK I've found are pretty clueless.

When the dinig plan first came out if we hadn't insisted we could get it i think we would still be trying now!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Em, If you are puchasing the Dining plan, you can also do it for a room only if you are an annual passholder. That is fairly new but has worked out great for a few of my clients. As far as getting the FREE Dining, that I would imagine you would need to purchase a package to include resort accomodations and a MYW ticket of some duration, similar to all of the previous years. Belle

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

With this UK offer. I guess the days of the U.S. free dining package in September, of 1 Table Service:1 Quick Service: 1 snack are over.

Just dont see two free quick service meals and two snacks and a mug being that much of a big draw to get people to WDW in September.

Upvote 0

Lucky

With this UK offer. I guess the days of the U.S. free dining package in September, of 1 Table Service:1 Quick Service: 1 snack are over.

Just dont see two free quick service meals and two snacks and a mug being that much of a big draw to get people to WDW in September.
I agree. Some people already chose a discounted room over free dining, and a lot more will do that when free "dining" is replaced by free fast food with no actual dining.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Totally agree, while it will still attrack some folks, you can count me as one of the people who won't be going in September again like I have for the past several years for the free dining. I'll just go during less crowded cooler times of the year.

Upvote 0

EmOhYouEssE

Hi Em, If you are puchasing the Dining plan, you can also do it for a room only if you are an annual passholder. That is fairly new but has worked out great for a few of my clients. As far as getting the FREE Dining, that I would imagine you would need to purchase a package to include resort accomodations and a MYW ticket of some duration, similar to all of the previous years. Belle

Thanks for the heads up! I knew that applied to DVC, but wasn't aware it applied to AP as well. I'll have to add this to the list of things I've learned on WDWMagic :).

Thanks again.

Em

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

I agree. Some people already chose a discounted room over free dining, and a lot more will do that when free "dining" is replaced by free fast food with no actual dining.

I like that "Free Fast Food" you are so right, how can you call "Burger King, Jack in The Box" type food "Dining"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom