Free Dining RUMORED to Return in the Fall/Winter

lebeau

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-september-december-2012/

“Free Dining” is expected to return for Fall 2012 Disney World guests with arrival dates between September 30 and December 13, 2012, with some blockout dates (below). This promotion will become available to the general public for booking on July 12, 2012 and is expected to be made available to Disney Visa Cardholders on July 9, 2012.
Value Resort guests receive the Quick Service Disney Dining Plan during the promotion (except guests at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid wing, where free dining will not be offered), and all other guests receive the standard Disney Dining Plan.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So I shouldn't give up hope of getting that Nemo suite discounted?
I would not give up but I would not bet the farm on it. Your dates are going to be the key thing. The current Disney Visa offer is riddled with black out dates. If you are in the dates of the offer there is still hope. If you are not inside those dates I would not count on it.

Upvote 0

tink65

Just updated our reservations with the Disney Visa free dining offer. LM wing of AoA was excluded from offer so we changed ressies to POR! We had already planned on upgrading our dining plan from QS to TS so we made all our ADRs at the 180 day mark! The difference in staying value & upgrading dining plan or just upgrading from value to moderate was only $219 for 8 nights so we just went with POR! Yippee for free dining!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
I would not give up but I would not bet the farm on it. Your dates are going to be the key thing. The current Disney Visa offer is riddled with black out dates. If you are in the dates of the offer there is still hope. If you are not inside those dates I would not count on it.

We arrive 11/01 so we just barely squeezed in there.

My wife was a little disappointed to switch to the LK suites because, well, she hates that movie. But I told her there will still be Nemo all over the place. The pool will still be Nemorific. I'm not about to sacrifice free dining for pictures of Nemo in the room instead of pictures of Simba!

If it doesn't work out, no big deal. I'm just happy to have free dining at AoA during our dates. That was a major win.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

We arrive 11/01 so we just barely squeezed in there.

My wife was a little disappointed to switch to the LK suites because, well, she hates that movie. But I told her there will still be Nemo all over the place. The pool will still be Nemorific. I'm not about to sacrifice free dining for pictures of Nemo in the room instead of pictures of Simba!

If it doesn't work out, no big deal. I'm just happy to have free dining at AoA during our dates. That was a major win.

Slap a Nemo poster over Simba and take your savings and go shopping!! :D

Had originally booked WL with a 30% off PIN but had woods view because standard view was excluded. Free dining on the woods view would have saved us $14 so switched to standard view and am saving $250. :cool:

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

If you owned a business would you put an item on sale that was so popular you could not keep it on the shelf? Rooms at Disney are no different. If they are booking at a rate that they are satisfied with the will keep them at full price. If they are not then they will offer a promotion. It is no more complicated than that.

Totally understood just disappointed I guess. Feel like because we chose to stay in a new VALUE room, we are getting the big X lol :D that is all. I've gotten 4 different emails from different companies notifying me about the Disney Visa offers...some are saying AoA LM rooms are excluded - some are not. I guess I will know for sure on Thursday :) thanks!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

What's the deal with the blackout dates? Is it because of Food&Wine or because they are already full to capacity for that time? Of course our dates fall into the blackouts but just wondering if anyone has a clue as to the reasoning behind it.

Upvote 0

GeekDad

What's the deal with the blackout dates? Is it because of Food&Wine or because they are already full to capacity for that time? Of course our dates fall into the blackouts but just wondering if anyone has a clue as to the reasoning behind it.

If your talking about the black out dates from October 5th through the 18th I think it is because of Columbus day weekend being the 5th through the 7th. I'm currently booked for the 5th through the 15th for my net trip and we are looking at changing to the 4th through the 14th instead to take advantage of the free dining. I'd also be happy with a room discount but I'm not sure when that will come out.

Upvote 0

GeekDad

I've never been in October before but from what I've been reading from Columbus weekend to the next is the busiest time in October so they probably feel like they don't need to offer it.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Just updated our reservations with the Disney Visa free dining offer. LM wing of AoA was excluded from offer so we changed ressies to POR! We had already planned on upgrading our dining plan from QS to TS so we made all our ADRs at the 180 day mark! The difference in staying value & upgrading dining plan or just upgrading from value to moderate was only $219 for 8 nights so we just went with POR! Yippee for free dining!

Me too! It was only $43 more to upgrade from Pop to CBR for 4 nights, so of course we did it. Gotta love Free Dining!

Upvote 0

nbgrif4060

Will these black out dates be the same for the room discount? I am traveling Oct 8-13 which is a blackout date for the free dining but I am still hopeing for some kind of discount!

Upvote 0

tink65

Me too! It was only $43 more to upgrade from Pop to CBR for 4 nights, so of course we did it. Gotta love Free Dining!

Yippee! Congrats on your upgrade!!!

I redid the math on our ressies and it turns out the difference is only $186.65!!!! Even less than I thought! You're right!! Gotta love free dining!!

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

I booked a family who got their PIN for free dining - CBR for Oct 29th - Nov 4th. Booked my sister's family as well at POR with free dining for Oct 30-Nov 9th. I got a PIN myself as well but have to save up for my 3 trips next year instead...though it's very tempting ;)

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

My work buddy (who is also a Disney fan) has already booked his DVC for November at BLT..Since they have to do that 11 months out.. His dates in Nov are eligible for free dining.. How does that work for him? Would he just have to purchase the tickets to get the free dining? I know he would love from free food!!!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
My work buddy (who is also a Disney fan) has already booked his DVC for November at BLT..Since they have to do that 11 months out.. His dates in Nov are eligible for free dining.. How does that work for him? Would he just have to purchase the tickets to get the free dining? I know he would love from free food!!!

DVC isn't eligible for the discount.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

DVC members booked using their points cannot get free dining; they must book a Magic Your Way vacation package with room and tickets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom