Free Dining RUMORED to Return in the Fall/Winter

lebeau

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-september-december-2012/

“Free Dining” is expected to return for Fall 2012 Disney World guests with arrival dates between September 30 and December 13, 2012, with some blockout dates (below). This promotion will become available to the general public for booking on July 12, 2012 and is expected to be made available to Disney Visa Cardholders on July 9, 2012.
Value Resort guests receive the Quick Service Disney Dining Plan during the promotion (except guests at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid wing, where free dining will not be offered), and all other guests receive the standard Disney Dining Plan.

jlsHouston

When I originally booked our trip for this year, I had it for a week earlier, which would have included Columbus Day weekend, then remembered, after Columbus Day two years prior, free dining was offered. So, in hopes of free dining or a room discount, I booked later in the month. Fingers crossed for you!!!!

YEP and I bet that is exactly what is going to happen. I already booked the dolphin for the Fri and Sat foodie thing they have been advertising since May. I was hoping to add some days to before those dates or after for maybe the BW... and get something at AofA for the daughter and kiddos so they could have a 4 day weekend and not miss days at school...but unless I am willing to change out columbus day weekend I bet there will be no deals for me:(

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

how come I never get these PIN offerings? Do you think they have already figured out I am going to book a trip regardless if they try to entice me with a good deal or not???? I have never gotten a PIN offering ?

Upvote 0

vinnya1726

how come I never get these PIN offerings? Do you think they have already figured out I am going to book a trip regardless if they try to entice me with a good deal or not???? I have never gotten a PIN offering ?

Funny I used to think the same way, but this year I have received four pin offerings, but of course they come in a year that I just can not swing the trip.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I'm going to seriously consider changing my rezzie to a different resort if I don't get free dining because I'm in a Little Mermaid Room. Honestly the whole thing doesn't make sense to me at all. It's a Value Resort - it should get some type of promotional free dining like the other Values..why not the Little Mermaid Rooms? Anyways, not getting into too much of a tizzy until the rumor becomes reality and the dates come out set in stone. So for now will just worry about it...wah! :oops:

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

no but I remember that Oct 4-19 was NOT in the free dining date group because we want to come between the 10th and the 16th and none of our dates fell within the offer, and I remember that Nov 23 was a valid date because I am thinking about using this free cruise I have the week of Thanksgiving and staying at WDW either the weekend before and Universal the weekend after but if I swapped weekends I could get the free dining plan since it was available on the 23rd of Nov but not the previous weekend of the the 16th.

Upvote 0

crosswagon

I'm going to seriously consider changing my rezzie to a different resort if I don't get free dining because I'm in a Little Mermaid Room. Honestly the whole thing doesn't make sense to me at all. It's a Value Resort - it should get some type of promotional free dining like the other Values..why not the Little Mermaid Rooms? Anyways, not getting into too much of a tizzy until the rumor becomes reality and the dates come out set in stone. So for now will just worry about it...wah! :oops:

We are getting the free dining and staying in the Little Mermaid rooms December 13th thru 21st. Our pin offer had December dates of 12/10-12/13. We check on the 13th and get the offer thru our stay. We called and booked our rooms with the free dining offer and pin code and they never mentioned it had to be in the suites and my confirmation papers have all the pertinent information including the free quick service dining. I have never heard of an offer where they specify certain rooms. I could see them saying there is none available for that time frame and nudging them to the suites but I guess they can do what they want. I wouldnt worry if you already have your reservations.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

We are getting the free dining and staying in the Little Mermaid rooms December 13th thru 21st. Our pin offer had December dates of 12/10-12/13. We check on the 13th and get the offer thru our stay. We called and booked our rooms with the free dining offer and pin code and they never mentioned it had to be in the suites and my confirmation papers have all the pertinent information including the free quick service dining. I have never heard of an offer where they specify certain rooms. I could see them saying there is none available for that time frame and nudging them to the suites but I guess they can do what they want. I wouldnt worry if you already have your reservations.

I understand but you had a PIN offer. What I am referring to is a new offer allegedly for the general public and allegedly not being released until Thursday. Not going to freak out yet (lol) - doesn't make sense as I stated to leave out a specific room just because it is in the AoA area. We'll see what happens. When I see the Disney Visa offer (hopefully today) that will give me an idea on what is going to happen. Thanks!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
The original link to this post has been pulled....Hmmmm...

It appears the rumor was true. Danielle at Kingdom Konsultants contacted me this morning to let me know she was applying free dining. For those who are interested in Art of Animation, you can get the discount there if you stay in the Lion King Suites. But it is not offered at the Nemo suites. :(

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
I understand but you had a PIN offer. What I am referring to is a new offer allegedly for the general public and allegedly not being released until Thursday. Not going to freak out yet (lol) - doesn't make sense as I stated to leave out a specific room just because it is in the AoA area. We'll see what happens. When I see the Disney Visa offer (hopefully today) that will give me an idea on what is going to happen. Thanks!

They aren't offering it in the LM rooms because they don't have to. Those rooms are extremely popular given that they are cheap rooms at the brand new resort. But maybe if a bunch of people switch to the Value Resorts for free dining, the offer will open up to LM.

We had to switch from a Nemo suite to a Lion King suite to get the discount. Supply and demand.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you owned a business would you put an item on sale that was so popular you could not keep it on the shelf? Rooms at Disney are no different. If they are booking at a rate that they are satisfied with the will keep them at full price. If they are not then they will offer a promotion. It is no more complicated than that.

Upvote 0
Staying at the Beach Club November 10-18 and tried this morning to get free dining with the visa card and were told that they had no more free dining rooms in the garden category and that we would have to upgrade to water view to get the dining offer. How many rooms do they have dining offers on even when we have a room already booked?:mad:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Staying at the Beach Club November 10-18 and tried this morning to get free dining with the visa card and were told that they had no more free dining rooms in the garden category and that we would have to upgrade to water view to get the dining offer. How many rooms do they have dining offers on even when we have a room already booked?:mad:
There is no set number and additional rooms can open up at a later date or even later today. The best thing to do is take what you can get and keep checking back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom