Free Dining plan all year in 2011?

yipikyer

Original Poster
With all the rumors going on, do you really thing that the dining plan will be extended all year? We are planing a trip first week of march 2011!!

mrs grumpy

I have been reading the rumors also. I would love for it to be true but I have my doubts. Seems awful early to be throwing discounts out for that far in advance but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With all the rumors going on, do you really thing that the dining plan will be extended all year? We are planing a trip first week of march 2011!!

Not according to Rasulo. Remember he told us that 2010 was going to be the Year of a Weaning Guests Off Of Discounts? :ROFLOL: Such a stupid statement, only Rasulo could've uttered it.

I would highly doubt an entire year of Free Dining. It makes no sense, unless their occupancy rates are completely in the toilet. Disney uses Free Dining to bring people in, and unless they aren't getting the occupancy they are predicting, there will be no Year of Free Dining.

zjer

I hope not. Free dining ruins the concept of a relaxing vacation for me by forcing me to book my ADR's months in advance and sticking to the schedule in order to get into the restaurants I like. I like to play it by ear when I get there and not have to plan my vacation around my dining reservations.

If they want to entice me to come during the slow season, a discounted room works just fine.

Just my opinion of course...

Phonedave

Really, if they are going to go that step, why not go one more.

Bring some of the staff from the DCL in, and have them advise on how to make in an all-inclusive resort.

I for one really hope they DO NOT make free dining all year. In fact I wish they would do away with it entirely.

-dave

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
All year seems a bit much. It summer time that could get out of hand. As long as it stays in the fall I am happy and we can afford to go for 16 days.

Dwarful

As bad as dining service has been I'd really hope they don't go all year. Although it might be enough temptation to get a lot more people there.

Disneykidder

I saw the heading and thought...yeah, right. I would think Disney would lose a lot of money by doing this. They are packed a lot of the year anyway.

Korfar

Blah, blah, blah another thread for the DDP haters to come out. We get it you hate the DDP. Create a thread just for bashing the DDP and leave the rest of the threads to those of us that DO like it and actually do get a financial benefit from the free DDP offering.

Now on to the topic at hand. I can't see free dining in the summer, spring break and holiday periods. I am hoping for a free dining bounce back at the end of August next year. If I don't get one I hope for a free dining offer again for that time period.

Mikester71

I hope not. Free dining ruins the concept of a relaxing vacation for me by forcing me to book my ADR's months in advance and sticking to the schedule in order to get into the restaurants I like. I like to play it by ear when I get there and not have to plan my vacation around my dining reservations.

If they want to entice me to come during the slow season, a discounted room works just fine.

Agree 100% with everything you just said! :sohappy:

mickey2008.1

Free dining may seem good, but we learned this year that a discounted room outweighs free dining by a landslide. ill pay for my dining and save more for my monorail set.

Cosmic Commando

Free dining may seem good, but we learned this year that a discounted room outweighs free dining by a landslide. ill pay for my dining and save more for my monorail set.
Maybe for you it's not a great deal, but when you have 2 adults, a 3YO and a 1YO in a room at Pop, free dining is almost like getting the room for free!

NewfieFan

Maybe more visitors are looking for an all inclusive type of vacation and this is Disney's way of giving that while enticing people to come.

Magical Dreamer

I would love to have an all inclusive option....

I'd like not to have to consider all the small stuff. As an example, I need to budget an additional $400. - $500. for table service tips alone.

I'm hoping Nov '11 is included as available dates for tis next discount. It would be wonderful to book and have 15 months to pay it down.

Dwarful

Well, this year we went the week up to and including Easter and had a great discount for that trip...and we got that discount about 8 weeks prior to our arrival. Then in July we went and stayed at YC and also had a great discount...not the dining plan. For us the room rate discount was better than the DDP ..but we knew we wanted to upgrade our summer trip location. We also cut back on our TS dining after our last trip because service and quality wasn't up to par.

Now all things considered I"d guess if Disney does this it will mean either lowering of quality...which would be awful, or increase the # of sig. dining which if no increase in quality and variety were included that would also be bad because there would be very limited value...Le Cellier the way it is right now is not worth two table credits for dinner...no way around it. Plus the increased menu prices ...summer seasonal prices leads to inflated tip amounts. No way am I tipping $40 for a non-character buffet...it is not worth that much and yes, if we would have had dinner at the Biergarten in July our tip would have been roughly that much.

Disneykidder

I am so not a ddp hater. WE have paid for it and have had it for free. I like the fact of paying for it before I get there, so it really is an all inclusive. I like not having to worry about carrying more cash/credit cards. It seemed like a great value for us. I will have to see the price increases to decifer whether it is a value in the future for us. Plus we are having another child soooo.

I still don't think Disney will do free dining all year long. It doesn't seem economically in their favor to do so. If they do go for it, then I think the food quality and staff attention would decline.

CoastalX

Im not sure i see Disney offering Free Dining all year long. It seems that food and beverage is one of Disneys biggest mark-ups and they seem to make alot of money off of it. And also regardless of the economy, especially in summer, people will still take vacations and summer time will always remain busy time for Disney.

muteki

Having planned trips with the DDP both while it was free and when it wasn't, to me the experience was mostly the same. It is difficult to get reservations to popular restaurants year round, free DDP or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom