Free Dining pins have been released......

mickeysshoes

I am finding that pin codes are only good for a spur of the moment trip. I just got one for the time frame we are going and if I were to use it it would have cost me about $600 :eek: more than the price I got with the 40% to the general public. Bounce backs have done better for me!!! :shrug:

Sunshine8

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA Free Dining

I got my card for the free dining and we had already booked the dining at Pop Century. We are arriving on 5/22 so I thought we didn't qualify since the card said for most stays from 6/3 to 8/13. I called and YES!!! we qualified. I upgraded to the normal dining and saved $733. What a surprise.

captainkidd

I got the pin, and it's pretty damn useless to me. If we take the "free dining", our resort bills goes from $7,653 for 16 nights up to $10,527, as we'd lose the AAA rate.. No doubt, we'll spend more than $3,000 on meals, but that only includes 16 table service meals, and we have reservations at 24 table service restaurants. Add in another 8 meals, and we're talking close to an additional $1,000. That's just on the basic plan. If we upgrade to the Deluxe plan, our total bill goes up to $12,303.

I'd rather take my chances and hope for a room discount to come out, whether it be for the general public or annual passholders.

To me, free dining works great if you're staying at a Value or Moderate. If you're at a Deluxe, you're much better off with a room discount.

goshdarnstud

But the kicker is there still isn't any room discounts worth anything for when I'm going (late July). So for us it was pay an extra $200 and get free dinning. Seemed pretty good to me. Though I'm ready to switch off of it if a good discount comes along.

captainkidd

But the kicker is there still isn't any room discounts worth anything for when I'm going (late July). So for us it was pay an extra $200 and get free dinning. Seemed pretty good to me. Though I'm ready to switch off of it if a good discount comes along.

For $200, heck yeah, I'd do it too. For $3,000 - No thanks.

cowanfamily

I got the pin, and it's pretty damn useless to me. If we take the "free dining", our resort bills goes from $7,653 for 16 nights up to $10,527, as we'd lose the AAA rate.. No doubt, we'll spend more than $3,000 on meals, but that only includes 16 table service meals, and we have reservations at 24 table service restaurants. Add in another 8 meals, and we're talking close to an additional $1,000. That's just on the basic plan. If we upgrade to the Deluxe plan, our total bill goes up to $12,303.

I'd rather take my chances and hope for a room discount to come out, whether it be for the general public or annual passholders.

To me, free dining works great if you're staying at a Value or Moderate. If you're at a Deluxe, you're much better off with a room discount.

Agreed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom