Free dining pin codes are being sent out....

DizneyPryncess

PirateAngel - that's the same one i got today. We usually go the first week of May, weird that it's not offered that week. This is an off year for us though, with a new baby here.

I seem to get a good amount of pin codes but I don't know why. We usually book with one that offers a room discount, we've never booked a free dining plan. Mathematically it makes more sense for DH & I to use the room discount and not the dining one. That's just based on how we eat & where we stay.

KeithVH

We make ressies pretty far in advance. Like we already have a 2BR suite booked arriving Xmas day (worried it won't be available later).

I'm guessing because we're in the system already, we won't have a chance to get a mailing?

Alison1975

it's more than a room though... its convenience.

for example, the beach club... AMAZING pool, good spot for breakfast at the cape may, ice cream

but, the bus system is by far better... I never wait, never have a busy bus, quick and fast. Unlike the horror stories you hear elsewhere

eh.. my kids are happy in a basic pool and i have never had a bus issue..for us it's why bother spending $$ on a room. there are 7-8 of us traveling so that $$$$ per night.. even staying at a value isn't "cheap" when u need 2 rooms. i'd much rather spend my vacation money on other stuff than a deluxe accommodation.That's just our preference..

Alison1975

I guess. But I guess its what 'convenient' means for you staying at Disney. We're just fine staying at Pop. We love the pools, the Pop dining room is also great for us, and we've never had a bad experience with the busses.

We've stayed at a moderate before and really didn't see any difference. But, different strokes for different folks I guess, whatever works for you is what's important.

well said!

GMRO

PirateAngel - that's the same one i got today. We usually go the first week of May, weird that it's not offered that week. This is an off year for us though, with a new baby here.

I seem to get a good amount of pin codes but I don't know why. We usually book with one that offers a room discount, we've never booked a free dining plan. Mathematically it makes more sense for DH & I to use the room discount and not the dining one. That's just based on how we eat & where we stay.

Agreed - here too! Usually we use the code for the room discount. Our eating habbits are just not that to schedule the vacation around ADR's. Just too much planning and sticking to a schedule. We are not on vacation for that... ;) These days it just depends on WHAT pins are offered vs. savings. We did audit our trip one year on what we spent on food when we were OFF any dining plans. For us anyting other than the quick service is over kill and cost us more up front. Besides we can't eat all the food offered in the basic or deluxe plans anway. And we do like to eat off property at times as well. SO throw in 1 or 2, at the max, ADR's over quick service...and we are willing to pay out of pocket for the ADR IF we schedule at all. The selection is better too vs. the plan.

For us the room discount vs. rack is the better PIN to get, but these days any PIN is worth a look over.

BTW, congrats on the newest addition to your family too! Looks like next trip you'll be a party of 3?

Take care!

GMRO

I guess. But I guess its what 'convenient' means for you staying at Disney. We're just fine staying at Pop. We love the pools, the Pop dining room is also great for us, and we've never had a bad experience with the busses.

We've stayed at a moderate before and really didn't see any difference. But, different strokes for different folks I guess, whatever works for you is what's important.

YUP!

Actually we are just on property to save time and get the best bundle. It just makes sence to stay on property IF you can to capture the savings.

And it's worth a mention that we do like POP a lot as well. But last year since we got the PIN for a very good room discount we upp'ed to CBR. We really fell in love with that resort. The lay of the land was awesome IMO. The privacy for a family of 2 was great! Actually we do like the food court of POP better, seemed the CBR was more dark. Though we know the food is very simliar if not the same...CBR's court was just "dark" vs. POP.

As many have said, different strokes for different folks. Nice WDW offers so many options/choices of lay out etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom