Free Custom Disney Maps

LetsGoAgain

I ordered the maps for our trips. They are beautiful, but I didn't find them practical in the parks. We usually just go the park map at the front gate.

MicheleK

Original Poster
Me being thick what do you mean at my DVC address?

Well you said you owned a DVC, I thought that maybe you could have it "snail mailed" to a DVC address there in Florida then pick it up at the front desk on your next trip. I have to admit, I don't know much about DVC, so I'm not sure as that would be an option but it might be something to check out. :wave:

Rob562

How much would snail mail from US to UK cost any ideas? Can't be that much so why wont Disney send me them! :cry:

Well, part of the reason is that the maps are most likely pre-sorted bulk mail, and they get a cheaper rate because of that.

Postage is figured by weight. I just weighed the maps and letter that came with them, and they weigh 2.2 ounces. Unfortunately I don't have the envelope, but let's say it's all 3 ounces total. I then looked up the postage on the USPS website. Ignoring the bulk rate aspect, here's what it would cost an everyday person dropping a 3-ounce letter in the mail:

If it were being mailed in the States, it's 76-cents. To the UK, it would be $2.54. So each map sent to the UK would cost Disney almost 3.5 times as much in postage.

-Rob

zimaaaaah

I can't find the button to order it. Only to print. I'm sure it's right in front of me, but any help would be great! :brick:

I can't see the order button either - I am logged in, my name appears in the "Welcome" area at the top. Any ideas? I really wanted to order these. :confused:

Rob562

I can't see the order button either - I am logged in, my name appears in the "Welcome" area at the top. Any ideas? I really wanted to order these. :confused:

Where are you looking?

-Click on "My Disney Vacation" (the orange suitcase).
-In the lefthand column, choose "Customized Maps".
-Select your favorites in all the parks, then click "Continue".
-The next page *should* give you the option to print-at-home or to order through the mail.

-Rob

winterparkbaby

maps

I just tried what Rob said and still had issues. I wonder why the order option is not showing up for some of us. I emailed Disney two days ago about this same issue. Thanks for the advice!

cdunbar

For you brits, you could also ask if maybe one of your WDW friends in the states would have it sent to them, and they could then send it to you! And you could send them a check or a money order perhaps?:shrug:

i'm having a problem also. i log in, go to the maps part. i picked all my faves and theyre saved, but the only option is to print at home. and im from ny, so its not like a out of us thing.

sometimes the website doesnt work for me when im using safari. do you think that could be it?

Jerriko

If you decide to have someone from the states order the maps for you, make sure they put your name on everything as the maps are completely personalized.. We did this and the people who got them had to send away twice as the first ones had their names on the maps...

just a heads up

Chris

Gameing

Those of you that are having trouble. Do you have a vacation planned?
I think you only have the option to have them to sent to you if you have a vacation planned. Otherwise you can only print them.

MicheleK

Original Poster
Those of you that are having trouble. Do you have a vacation planned?
I think you only have the option to have them to sent to you if you have a vacation planned. Otherwise you can only print them.

No, that's not the case. I don't have an "official" trip planned and I was still able to get them mailed to me. So I'm not sure what the problem might be :shrug:.

Kingdom WDW

The maps are pretty cool. Even better, they're free and personalized. I wouldn't walk around the park with them, but they're a great "souvenier".

zimaaaaah

Thanks for the suggestions, but still no luck for me. I logged in and even pulled up my existing reservation, and no order option ever shows up. Oh well - I guess I'll just have to print. By the way, I e-mailed them about it and never received a response. :shrug:

Jerriko

If you don't live in the USA you will not be able to have them sent to you...only print them. I don't know where you live but that is most likely why you don't get the option to have it mailed to you.

Chris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom