Free Birthday Admission in 2010

love disney

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I swear while making dinner last night with the t.v. on in the background I caught (at least I think I caught) a Disney commercial that appeared to indicate they were once again doing free admission on your birthday! I hadn't heard that they were starting this offer again, so this morning I looked at Disney's website but couldn't find anything about it.

Has anyone else heard this/seen the commercial or was it perhaps just wishful thinking on my part since I am already so eager to get back to WDW even though I was there just a few weeks ago? haha!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have not heard anything about it and there does not to be anything on the official site or the travel agent site regarding it. I would go with the wishful thinking conclusion or it might be possible that the TV station mistakenly ran an old add.

love disney

Original Poster
That sure would stink if the t.v. station ran an old add! I swear it said 2010, I will just have to keep an eye out for it and see if it is played again. If it had only been myself that saw it while making dinner last night I would simply chalk it up to wishful thinking, but my friend saw it too. We turned to each other with the biggest smiles on our faces and were like "Holy Cow"!!! I said maybe they started it back up since the Give a Day Get a Day promotion ended so early.

If I hear anything official I will post it immediately!

Pioneer Hall

I also have to say that either it was an error, or you possibly misheard something. With close to 1 million free tickets pledged for the year already, I don't think Disney is going to be handing out anymore. If they were, they would have probably just extended the give a day program instead of ending it 10 weeks in to the year.

bgraham34

The funny thing about this is I saw the commercial too but it was because I had DVR'd something last year and was watching it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK good I'm not going crazy cause i saw the link on the site yesterday, but not today:(.

Somebody needs to get a screen grab and post it. I bet if somebody were to print it out and present it to Guest Relations that something would be done about it.

ewensell3

This is what I saw. Clicking the graphic just went to the main site. Glitch?

disney-birthday.jpg

love disney

Original Poster
Well, since my original post I have not seen the commercial again, but my friend said she caught the tail end of it the day after we first saw it, but not since. As for the web site, pretty interesting! I have a feeling that they are either a) planning on reintroducing the offer or b) the "ad" on the website is a remnant from last year and mistakenly carried over on the newly designed website.

I have a feeling that b) is the most likely scenario, because if they were reintroducing the offer wouldn't the folks whose birthdays already passed be super mad?

About a week in half ago i was at Epcot an i saw a lady walking by with her birthday button so not sure if that means anything but that's what they gave me on my birthday last year with the perks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom