Free Birthday Admission in 2010

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
About a week in half ago i was at Epcot an i saw a lady walking by with her birthday button so not sure if that means anything but that's what they gave me on my birthday last year with the perks.
Nope. They have had those buttons years if not decades before the free birthday ticket promotion.

love disney

Original Poster
Well, I didn't really feel like calling Disney to ask about this but I sent an email mentioning both the commercial I (think I :animwink:) saw as well as the website with the ad (gave them the address it was found at). If I hear anything back from them I will let you all know. Of course since my birthday is in July I am hoping it starts back up, haha! Getting that gift card last year since I have an annual pass was great!

bobwadd

I saw the TV commercial again last night on a different network. I have both of the saved on my DVR. I definitely states "Free on your birthday in 2010" !!!

Bob

PS - Sorry for cross posting. But we have two "Free Birthday" threads going.

love disney

Original Poster
bobwadd, thanks for the update! I haven't seen the commercial since the first time, still waiting to hear back on the email I sent. Let us know if you see it again!

Dwarful

hmmm,very interesting. We are going to be at WDW on my birthday in July, so I will be keeping watch to see what happens. Last year we were there for my husband's birthday and that gift card was nice.

Just went last sunday to renew my AP and i did ask if the birthday program was still going on and the CM told me no that was a promotion from last year and they no longer running it .

Courtney1188

Well, since my original post I have not seen the commercial again, but my friend said she caught the tail end of it the day after we first saw it, but not since. As for the web site, pretty interesting! I have a feeling that they are either a) planning on reintroducing the offer or b) the "ad" on the website is a remnant from last year and mistakenly carried over on the newly designed website.

I have a feeling that b) is the most likely scenario, because if they were reintroducing the offer wouldn't the folks whose birthdays already passed be super mad?

This is exactly what I was thinking...there's no way they would re-start this promotion halfway through the year.

Loretta

Since I'll be at wdw during my b'day, my ta asked Disney if the free birthday promotion was still on. She was told no, that it ended at the end of last year.

love disney

Original Poster
Well, I got an email back from Disney today regarding the free birthday admission in 2010 question I asked them in which I mentioned the t.v. commercial that has been seen and I gave them the web address noted earlier in this thread. Anyway, here is the relevant portion of their response:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.
Although we appreciate your interest, please know the Free Admission On
Your Birthday promotion ended on December 31, 2009. We were unable to
locate the ad you mentioned in your correspondence to us."

I just checked the website address and interestingly enough the birthday ad is no longer there.

Weird that some of us saw commercials that clearly stated the birthday deal was back on in 2010 and that ad was there.

Oh well, maybe in 2011? :lookaroun

Yensid40

Well, I got an email back from Disney today regarding the free birthday admission in 2010 question I asked them in which I mentioned the t.v. commercial that has been seen and I gave them the web address noted earlier in this thread. Anyway, here is the relevant portion of their response:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.
Although we appreciate your interest, please know the Free Admission On
Your Birthday promotion ended on December 31, 2009. We were unable to
locate the ad you mentioned in your correspondence to us."

I just checked the website address and interestingly enough the birthday ad is no longer there.

Weird that some of us saw commercials that clearly stated the birthday deal was back on in 2010 and that ad was there.

Oh well, maybe in 2011? :lookaroun

Thanks for contacting them and getting back to us.

So can we assume then that the celebration for this year is reverting back to the Celebrate (insert celebration here) ?

SoccerMickey

I am not surprised the birthday promo is coming back. It would have been a nightmare PR wise for people's birthday is in January-march. The promotion did not really help disney's bottom line although people came out for it in droves. (and they'd probably still be here to this day if we hadn't placed tubs of punch on the front lawn, if you know what I mean.)

devoy1701

I am not surprised the birthday promo is coming back. It would have been a nightmare PR wise for people's birthday is in January-march. The promotion did not really help disney's bottom line although people came out for it in droves. (and they'd probably still be here to this day if we hadn't placed tubs of punch on the front lawn, if you know what I mean.)

i don't necessarily agree completely I don't think. Atleast from a local standpoint, many people came to Disney who wouldn't have normally came and most often than not those people were not traveling alone...and much more often than not those people did not have the same birthday as the person who was initially coming so they had to pay to get it. Where as a family of 4 might not like the idea of having to pay $320 to go to the parks for a say, the idea of paying $240 is alittle more appealing.

anyway...just my 2 cents.

benji

I saw the tv commercial too, only I had it on mute. I was wondering what was going on also. It looked like a bunch of kids wishing they where at Disney and balloons kept popping up. The commercial also ended with a little girl with Cinderella in front the castle. Is that the one every one else saw?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom