France Bakery Soft Opening on Thursday

DDPGambit

I grabbed a few treats from there this afternoon. The place looks great and there is definitely an expanded selection. It appeared that there were many cast members on hand to help guests. I had a Napoleon and it was as good as ever but the slice seemed smaller than one i had from the old location earlier in the week. Could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Skippy's Pal

What are they doing with the old space? I hate to say it, but I kind of like the cramped nature of the old area, did they leave the tables and chairs outside so you could still eat there if you want?

I sure know what you mean, and agree with you. As much as more space was needed, the new space says "1990's cafeteria," not so much France. The old cramped space had a more natural "shop" feel. Plus our family never recovered from the loss of the coconut pyramids several years ago.

Rob562

No, I don't think so. Seems to have been a seamless transition. The only thing that closed was the indoor seating. I remember being forced to eat in the baking sun in August. Still worth it for the food!

And it was still open in mid-November, with a line out the door.

-Rob

Ignohippo

It looks great, but I really liked how you could look at everything while in line at the old place.

I'm not sure how ordering would work at the new one if people have to walk around to see what they want before ordering. It seems like it is going to slow the ordering process down by a great deal and DIs will lose out on the impulse purchases of people adding things to their order while waiting in line.

RSoxNo1

So just so I understand the layout. The original Boulangerie Patisserie was on the first floor and is now closed or was it absorbed into Les Halles Boulangerie Pattiserie and is now two floors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom