News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

nickys

Premium Member
You get FPs for the days your trip is booked. Sure, you can book 60 days out. But they aren't rolling FPs.

The rolling 60 window does happen. You may have been saying the same thing, not quite sure.

You get length of stay, but if you still have valid tickets with days left on them, you get the rolling window going forward.

Rebel_

That could be one ridiculously expensive handful of FP's. But, I'm ok with that as long at they have to wear a "I am stupid hat" so I can see who they are.

Hmmm. Rental condos plus a POP are still cheaper than a multi-room deluxe. And mom and dad don’t have to share bathrooms and bedrooms with kiddies.
Watch the name calling.

The rolling 60 window does happen. You may have been saying the same thing, not quite sure.

You get length of stay, but if you still have valid tickets with days left on them, you get the rolling window going forward.

And then this is another reason to do it that way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well... there are other loopholes which this may or may not be closing, such as making a reservation for the 60 day FP, then, when a week away, move the reservation to three weeks later, but since you're in the 30 day window and still have a reservation, then your FPs should still be good... or not? Then stay offsite, use the FPs, then cancel the reservation.

Tom Morrow

Please close all the loopholes so people without resort reservations have a shot at Flight of Passage Fastpasses. 30 days out and they're still all gone.

I personally think the annual passholders should be restricted to 14 days out or whatever the max number of days is for normal admission, unless they have a resort reservation.

BrianLo

DO AWAY WITH ADVANCED FASTPASSES.

This type of crap doesn't happen in Disneyland.

As one of the limited weirdos who doesn't have a home resort and visits all of them occasionally...

I actually did really, really enjoy Florida's system the most.

I understand it appeals to vacationers and planners (both of which I am), but I don't think people realize that is WDW's primary market.

I think it works great for WDW and wouldn't work at all for DL. It's a great system and a truly marketable/valuable perk for wanting to pay the obscene on-property prices.

BrianLo

Because it hurts the guest experience? Isn't it telling that they haven't put this at any other resort in the world?

WDW is a resort/hotel/time share business. Most other destinations are park focused.

It could theoretically work for Paris, but I think that's more been a monetary limitation.

Shanghai just gives you fast passes at the hotel, which is essentially the same perk in a round about way.

Rteetz

Original Poster
Please close all the loopholes so people without resort reservations have a shot at Flight of Passage Fastpasses. 30 days out and they're still all gone.

I personally think the annual passholders should be restricted to 14 days out or whatever the max number of days is for normal admission, unless they have a resort reservation.
Unless you have a resort reservation APs can only book a total of 7 days in the 30 day window.

Keep checking for FoP just because you don’t get one 30 days out doesn’t mean you can’t get one 5 days out or day of. I’ve certainly gotten one day of.

nickys

Premium Member

Not sure what your point is about AP holders.

AP holders are restricted to the 30 days advance booking unless they’re staying onsite. That’s why so many locals with the Florida APs have yet to get an FP for Slinky or FoP.

And they also have a limit of holding 7 days worth unless they’re staying onsite.

Edit: I see @Rteetz beta me to it, should have read to the end first!

WildRide

Our trip in March is a split stay. We’re off property for 3 days for the wife’s work conference and then hotel hopping around property for 4 days.

I assumed (and was told on the phone) that I would have to wait until 30 days out for the first half of the trip but was pleasantly surprised I could book all 7 days 60 days out from my first on property hotel reservation.

Their rules seem to be all over the map.

nickys

Premium Member
Our trip in March is a split stay. We’re off property for 3 days for the wife’s work conference and then hotel hopping around property for 4 days.

I assumed (and was told on the phone) that I would have to wait until 30 days out for the first half of the trip but was pleasantly surprised I could book all 7 days 60 days out from my first on property hotel reservation.

Their rules seem to be all over the map.

That’s because when your 60 day window opens up, it opens up all the days before check-in day as well as all your onsite day.

Phone CMs don’t tell you that, nor do they tell you about the rolling window, or about booking for friends and family. Probably because they genuinely don’t know. Many of them will never have been to WDW, so have no clue other than what their scripts tell them.

It’s not so much the rules being all over the place, it’s that the complexities of the system are such that many people, including CMs, don’t realise how it works.

Every time I tell someone about the rolling window, or that you can book FPs for friends arriving later or staying offsite, there are 4 posts telling me I’m wrong! As far as I’m concerned, if they don’t want to believe me, that’s fine, those that listen will benefit. :D

Some of these features may disappear. But the loopholes they’re closing are the ones they’ve prioritised, and are ones where it’s possible to “cheat” the system. The “umbrella”system for booking for friends is a designed feature, not a loophole. The rolling window is probably an unintended omission from the code, the early window that you found may also be unintended.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom