News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

nickys

Premium Member
I don't have any clarification on this point. There has to be some accommodation of the special 21 day ticket.

To be fair, someone could have two 10 day tickets linked and do the same!

Since the 74 day maximum window still applies, my guess it will be unchanged for continuing onsite stays.

Patcheslee

Why haven't they turned this into a point system with everyone getting 3 points for initial booking at Tier 1 ride parks? If you want a Tier 1 then it will take 2 points, then you will have to choose what would be a Tier 2 ride with the last point, or simply do 3 Tier 2 rides. It would free up more time slots in either tier because people would be forced to either give up a 3rd FP slot or not ride Tier 1. I realize a consequence could be less Tier 2 because ppl wouldn't want to burn 2 points on a single line, but that would also mean standby to FP ratio would be smaller on the more popular rides. Just a random thought from when a different theme park gave you 10 tickets to skip the line years ago, but a couple rides cost us 2 tickets.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Why haven't they turned this into a point system with everyone getting 3 points for initial booking at Tier 1 ride parks? If you want a Tier 1 then it will take 2 points, then you will have to choose what would be a Tier 2 ride with the last point, or simply do 3 Tier 2 rides. It would free up more time slots in either tier because people would be forced to either give up a 3rd FP slot or not ride Tier 1. I realize a consequence could be less Tier 2 because ppl wouldn't want to burn 2 points on a single line, but that would also mean standby to FP ratio would be smaller on the more popular rides. Just a random thought from when a different theme park gave you 10 tickets to skip the line years ago, but a couple rides cost us 2 tickets.
Or give everyone 4 points with Tier 1's costing two.

SteamboatJoe

Because it shouldn't have to be that complex.

CJR

Just switch to MaxPass already. It allows for a lot more flexibility, isn't as complicated, and wouldn't be as prone to some of the abuses FP sees.

I wish. No planning 30 to 60 days out. No booking new attractions wondering if they will actually be ready on day 1. No canceling/switching FP's because it's supposed to rain on the day you wanted to visit DAK. Just go to the parks at your own pace, book what's available and have fun. That would be nice to have again.

Patcheslee

c
Because it shouldn't have to be that complex.
You mean more complex than having X number of rides in Tier 1 you can choose only 1, then 2 of the tier 2 rides, or choose 3 tier 2 rides? Points would be no different than going to a county fair and buying tickets, different rides cost different amounts of tickets, if that is too complex my kid was a genius at 5yo.

SteamboatJoe

c
You mean more complex than having X number of rides in Tier 1 you can choose only 1, then 2 of the tier 2 rides, or choose 3 tier 2 rides? Points would be no different than going to a county fair and buying tickets, different rides cost different amounts of tickets, if that is too complex my kid was a genius at 5yo.
The current tier system is bad too. Disney should strive for a higher standard than your County fair.

ThatMouse

Just switch to MaxPass already. It allows for a lot more flexibility, isn't as complicated, and wouldn't be as prone to some of the abuses FP sees.

I agree with this if Disney were interested in reducing wait times -- the idea is why wait in line when you can wait outside and enjoy the park? But FastPass isn't used to reduced wait times. It's used as a resort perk to give leverage over offsite resorts and increase their own nightly rates. Magic Hours and even the great bus transportation wasn't helping much, although Skyliner will bring that back. The second reason for FastPass is to help predict crowd levels which helps with staffing, which is the biggest cost of any business. Again, they can't do that with MaxPass.

SteamboatJoe

Sometimes I get the feeling that the only people who truly benefit from FP are the suits that probably use it to hit their labor cost reduction targets and get a bonus for doing so. Those savings probably aren't being passed along to the consumer.

Last edited:

travellerman

We have a split stay (Pop for 3 nights, then Saratoga Springs 6 nights) We've got 8 day tickets. When the 60 days open up, will it still open up for the whole trip, or just for Pop, then 3 days later for Saratoga? I was told that it would open up for both stays, but now with how things have changed a bit, I'm not so sure.

iowamomof4

We have a split stay (Pop for 3 nights, then Saratoga Springs 6 nights) We've got 8 day tickets. When the 60 days open up, will it still open up for the whole trip, or just for Pop, then 3 days later for Saratoga? I was told that it would open up for both stays, but now with how things have changed a bit, I'm not so sure.
I'm seeing reports on other sites that split stays will be treated as completely separate for FP booking windows. So you can book 60 days out from when you arrive for stay #1 and for as many days as you are at your resort for stay #1, but will have to do the process over again when you are 60 days out from stay #2.

travellerman

I'll be curious to see whether this means I can kiss any slim chance of a FOP fastpass goodbye, or whether it may give me a better chance. I'll get my hopes up for the former lol.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm seeing reports on other sites that split stays will be treated as completely separate for FP booking windows. So you can book 60 days out from when you arrive for stay #1 and for as many days as you are at your resort for stay #1, but will have to do the process over again when you are 60 days out from stay #2.

I’ve been following this too!

I think it’s too early to call it though. It could be one of two things, either a glitch (someone found they could only book a day at a time with an onsite stay, but that corrected itself in a couple of hours), or it’s an unintended consequence and will be remedied.

If it is true, it will upset quite a few people, DVCers especially since they are more likely than most other guests to do split stays,

So I’m not ready to call this yet. We need to wait IMO!

ThatMouse

If it is true, it will upset quite a few people, DVCers especially since they are more likely than most other guests to do split stays,

Is it possible to have two reservations for the same time period? You could reserve a whole week plus your two two split stays. Cancel the whole week and still keep your FP. And haha to DVC'ers, home of the walking reservation system.

rudyjr13

I booked FPs on 1/20 for a split stay and did not have this issue so if they changed it they just did.

I did however have this issue when booking dining 180 days out. I could book only for the first split stay window, waited 3 days and could book dining for the 2nd window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom