Fox IP's and WDW

AugieMorosco

What IP's do you feel are the strongest candidates for inclusion into Disney's theme park universe (or, which are the ones you'd just like to see)

I'd like to see:

Bob's Burgers (a QS - DS)
Some type of Kingsman presence in EPCOT
Planet of the Apes area (AK)
An Archer ride (DHS)
Ice Age show/attraction (MK - but I don't know what land it would fit into; or possibly DHS)
Easy fix. Ditch the villains idea and build a 5th gate called "Disney's Junk Drawer".

erasure fan1

The only IP I could really see going into the parks is The Princess Bride. Of course none of the fox IPs would make any sense considering how many good disney IPs still have little to no presence in the parks. I've said it many times before, the best opportunity to utilize the fox properties was the great movie ride. Unfortunately that ship has sailed so the best I think you will ever see is a meet and greet.

Pepper's Ghost

Not sure how this older thread got dug up, but let's go with it. 😁

I love fox's movies...but sadly Dis will never put them into their theme parks
Never.

Except... they already have, right? Star Wars, Avatar. I'd say that two complete lands in two different Disney parks dedicated to Fox movies is a pretty huge representation. Can't wait to hear the counter argument from anybody because if you watch them, the Fox theme is played at the beginning of every movie. 😜

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster

Except... they already have, right? Star Wars, Avatar. I'd say that two complete lands in two different Disney parks dedicated to Fox movies is a pretty huge representation. Can't wait to hear the counter argument from anybody because if you watch them, the Fox theme is played at the beginning of every movie. 😜

And it's not like Alien had a scene in GMR or there was a ride loosely based on Alien in the MK or anything like that. And yeah, this thread was right after the acquisition so there was a lot of speculation.

Pepper's Ghost

And it's not like Alien had a scene in GMR or there was a ride loosely based on Alien in the MK or anything like that. And yeah, this thread was right after the acquisition so there was a lot of speculation.
Totally agree! It's part of the reason dead threads should remain dead. 😁
BTW, I wish both of those Alien represented rides were still around. I hate when Disney takes out popular attractions and replace them with anything less, or in AE's case, first demoralizing an otherwise EXCELLENT ride with Stitch, and then later turning it into a character greeting area/nothing at all.

NickMaio

I am talking about their newest acquisition, star wars was Lucasfilm really. Fox had distribution rights.
Avatar was a specific deal with WDW.
I would be very surprised if anything from the current Fox catalogue made its way into parks.

Pepper's Ghost

I am talking about their newest acquisition, star wars was Lucasfilm really. Fox had distribution rights.
Avatar was a specific deal with WDW.
I would be very surprised if anything from the current Fox catalogue made its way into parks.
Fair enough, but it has to be iconic for Disney to consider dedicating a part of a ride, an entire ride, or an entire land to, especially if it's not Disney branded. I know, I know... Avatar is not "iconic" in so many minds, but it was a mega-blockbuster that currently holds the record for highest grossing film of all time. It also is pretty highly rated by the general public on popular movie rating sites. Like it or not, it's not a bad business model to take a film that loosely could relate to one of your parks, and capitalize on it especially when you're planning a few more releases. Not saying you agree or disagree with these points, but it is what it is...
top grossing films 04222021.JPG

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I notice that all of the animated films you hear people talk about are Disney films. Maybe that's why.
Because they’re good. I hear people talk about Shrek and Despicable Me... and Madagascar when I was little, too.

Buf Fox’s animated films are just not good, or they just never made a huge impact like Disney’s or dreamworks or some independent films have.

owlsandcoffee

Despicable Me is a surprisingly good movie, even though I despise the Minions. I would prefer Ice Age, but I grew up with it. I think the first one is good. To each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom