Fourth in the Art of Disney Stamp set to release 2007

MissM

Original Poster
From USPS.com

The Art of Disney: Magic
Also in August, the Postal Service honors the theme of magic as imagined by Walt Disney and his studio animators in the fourth in the Art of Disney stamp pane series. Now, with help from a few beloved Disney characters, it's easy to add a dash of magic to your cards and letters with stamps that feature Dumbo and Timothy Mouse, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, Mickey Mouse as "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," and Aladdin and Genie.
disney-magic-stamps.jpg

Lovely! :D
-m

SewIn2Disney

August? What happened? They were supposed to be released in April! I've been waiting to mat and frame all four together, and now I can't hold out until August!!

flowerlady

they did a beautiful job w/ these stamps...I especially love the Peter pan and Dumbo ones....cant wait to see the actual stamps.

DisneyMusician2

I honestly didn't know too much about these...are the sets always released in fours? And can you still get them, or are they limited edition prints?

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
Ooooo nice! I was wondering what they were going to be this year...

Last years "Romance" series was awesome..and the one before was excellent too.

For those wanting to know, so far the series has had 4 versions:

"Friendship" with Mickey/Donald/Goofy
Mufasa and Simba
Bambi and Thumper
Pinocchio and Sir Cricket..

"Celebration" with Mickey and Pluto
Ariel and Flounder (Sebastian too?)
Alice and the Mad Hatter
Snow White with Dopey

"Romance" with Mickey and Minnie
Belle and Beast
Lady and Tramp
and Cinderella and Prince Charming

Awesome to finally see Aladdin get ona stamp, but i agree that the Peter Pan and Dumbo ones are the better of the 4.

Nice!

DisneyChik17

Ooooo nice! I was wondering what they were going to be this year...

Last years "Romance" series was awesome..and the one before was excellent too.

For those wanting to know, so far the series has had 4 versions:

"Friendship" with Mickey/Donald/Goofy
Mufasa and Simba
Bambi and Thumper
Pinocchio and Sir Cricket..

"Celebration" with Mickey and Pluto
Ariel and Flounder (Sebastian too?)
Alice and the Mad Hatter
Snow White with Dopey

"Romance" with Mickey and Minnie
Belle and Beast
Lady and Tramp
and Cinderella and Prince Charming

Awesome to finally see Aladdin get ona stamp, but i agree that the Peter Pan and Dumbo ones are the better of the 4.

Nice!

Can you still get those?? Or are they out of print?

MissM

Original Poster
Can you still get those?? Or are they out of print?
No, they're out of print now. At least one series was 37 cents as well because it was before the last postage increase. An ebay search will net you with the previous ones though if you wanted to collect them.

I take that back. You can still buy the Celebration ones on the USPS website store, however, the whole thing is down at this exact moment. (It was up earlier though!) You can also see the Friendship one and the Romance one (which was the theme of last year's Flower and Garden Festival.)
-m

MissM

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, i've never heard of these either.

What is the last series called?
The forthcoming set is called "The Art of Disney: Magic." The others in the Art of Disney series were Romance, Friendship, Celebration.
-m

Figments Friend

In the Parks
Yes
The are a nice large sized stamps too...not like the standard small size ( like the current "Love" kisses stamp..) The Disney stamps are very cool..

When they are released i usually buy about 6 or 7 sheets and file them away. Through the coming months ( and years!) i will use them periodically. I still have 3/4 sheets of the first release "Friendship" along with a couple sheets each of the others.

I buy them for work too...drives em' nuts that i'm such a "Disney Freak" but why buy boring stamps to mail your post with when you can have a little Disney Magic on them instead?

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom