Trip Report Four Time No-Belle Prize Winners!! ;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(3).jpg

MySmallWorldof4

Our journey began on a blustery cold Ohio morning (that happened to follow a day in the nineties, because... Ohio :hilarious:). It was not my morning. I woke up late. I woke the kid up late. No time to make coffee, no time for pictures, no time to double check that I had everything. No time to eat breakfast or throw food at the kid. When I had us packed and in the car, it was about forty five minutes after I had planned on being at the airport and we were still 15 minutes away. Arriving too late to catch the parking shuttle, we were forced to park in the walking lot and hoof it to the gate. Finally making it through security and looking forward to a coffee from inside the terminal, but the line was a mile long. And moving slower than molasses. There was no time for airport Starbucks :cry:

So..... bright eyed, and coffee deprived, we were on our way to Disney!
View attachment 317520

The cast: Myself, A (my 3.5 year old daughter who has endless energy and doesn't need coffee), our friend M who hasn't been to Disney in quite a few years (she'll be the koala bear in the photos), and her 4 year old niece P for her very first trip (she'll be the teddy bear in the photos)! We were at Disney from September 23-29 and stayed at the military hotel on the monorail called the Shades of Green.

View attachment 317522
Yay! So looking forward to your report. :)

MySmallWorldof4

The entire monorail ride was spent in serious discussion by the kids about whether or not princesses pooped. After entertaining/annoying everyone around us with both sides of the argument, they decided that princesses went peepee but did not, in fact, ever poop.

A and I headed to guest services to pick up our Annual Passholder cards while M and P hit the gate their paper print outs. The line moved quickly and before long we were headed towards the gates ourselves, only to be met by M and P :hilarious::hilarious: Apparently I missed the fine print about bringing the original purchasing card it was back into the guest services line once again. Maybe I'm just not safe to travel with :hilarious::hilarious: In my defense, my life has been kind of a mess lately so we were lucky I even remembered to bring the paper print outs. Or remembered to wear pants :hilarious::hilarious:

With three minutes to spare for our fast pass, we shrunk down to fairy size and planned magical picnics with Tinkerbell. She asked if they'd slide down rainbows, but instead of answering her, the girls tried confirming their theory about princess poop with her. I don't think Tinkerbell was ready for us :hilarious::hilarious: Unfortunately for M and I, she was *not* the only princess we caught off guard or ****ed off this trip :hilarious::hilarious:

View attachment 317539

Oh and quite serendipitously, when we changed P at the hotel (she was dressed for the Ohio morning, not the swampy Florida heat) the park outfit her mom put on top just happened to match what A was wearing!!

It was hot. It probably felt hotter because we were coming from cooler weather and none of us were properly hydrated that first day. We pushed water at the girls and struggled through a sunny line to get the traditional "WE'RE HERE" photo:
View attachment 317542

Wouldn't it be cute to get a picture of just the girls in matching outfits smiling in front of the castle??? Sure...:cautious::cautious:
View attachment 317543

Our next fast pass was for Princess Fairytale Hall, but we could tell from a distance that the castle walkthrough was closed. As we approached Main Street, we could see it was for the dance party, which the girls decided to stop and watch, then follow the party to the hub to watch some more (not dance, mind you. Not interact at all. Just watching you wizowsky,... Always watching :hilarious:)
View attachment 317544

I've been in camp "a dance party is better than nothing" but the Move It Shake It Dance Party was so boring. The music selection was awful (but they played iconic songs from non Disney movies like Trolls, so that was interesting) and none of the kids were actually dancing. In fact, most kids seemed to be pouting or crying because their parents were pushing them closer to the characters and trying to force them to dance and have fun. It reminded me of the "company picnics" in the Army. We called them "mandatory fun days" and almost nobody enjoyed themselves :hilarious::hilarious:

Our girls got bored of the party so we walked around the castle on the Sleepy Hollow side and watched the Disney ducks for a little while
View attachment 317547
Disney ducks are way more entertaining than the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Party. ;):hilarious:
Oh and hooray on your AP’s!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom