Four Seasons Resort concept art

SpectroMan

Well, I guess the Venetian resort is totally scraped now. I know it was a long shot, but after seeing the concept art, it is going to be almost the same theming.

CaptainMichael

It upsets me that a non-Disney hotel would be built on Bay Lake. Like the Contemporary DVC albatross, I feel like it cheapens the magic of that area.

I will say this though, at least it looks pretty; however, I hope they come up with a cool name to sort of make it feel like it belongs.

DisneyRoxMySox

It upsets me that a non-Disney hotel would be built on Bay Lake. Like the Contemporary DVC albatross, I feel like it cheapens the magic of that area.

I will say this though, at least it looks pretty; however, I hope they come up with a cool name to sort of make it feel like it belongs.

I agree. Thought it makes me not want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again. Instead of looking at the woods, (though the Contemporary is to the right, its somewhat out of view) you get to look at that.

TP2000

Reading that press release with the quotes from Meg Crofton makes me want to laugh, cry, and then throw up. :ROFLOL: :cry: :hurl:

"Families around the globe know they can trust Disney to deliver magical experiences and Four Seasons to offer exceptional service and amenities. Combined, this is a huge win for devotees of both brands and for Central Florida," said Crofton.

Why do they fabricate statements like that for Disney Executives to supposedly make? They sound so forced, so prefabricated, and so phony that it is just a real turnoff. I wouldn't be half surprised to learn that there is some computer program that just creates that stuff in a couple of seconds using whatever latest corporate buzzword or marketing slogan that is currently en vogue.

Can't these people just speak normally? Obviously they are having these statements fabricated for them, but couldn't at least the writers in a cubicle somewhere be given the direction to at least make the statements sound human and natural? :confused:

CaptainMichael

Well, it's hard to tell, because from some of the maps the site looks like it goes all the back from Vista Boulevard to Bay Lake. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any other body of water it could be.

I remember talk of this a few months ago in Watercraft, but I never thought it would happen. From what I can remember, it's either directly on Bay Lake or a little bit off of it with a canal connecting the two lakes. Also, Four Seasons wants access to watercraft transportation to the MK.

The whole idea makes me :mad: It's bad enough that we have the westernway mall thingy coming, but this just plain sucks. If built directly on Bay Lake, it will truly screw up the atmosphere, theme, and feel of the lake.

MousDad

Reading that press release with the quotes from Meg Crofton makes me want to laugh, cry, and then throw up. :ROFLOL: :cry: :hurl:

"Families around the globe know they can trust Disney to deliver magical experiences and Four Seasons to offer exceptional service and amenities. Combined, this is a huge win for devotees of both brands and for Central Florida," said Crofton.

Why do they fabricate statements like that for Disney Executives to supposedly make? They sound so forced, so prefabricated, and so phony that it is just a real turnoff. I wouldn't be half surprised to learn that there is some computer program that just creates that stuff in a couple of seconds using whatever latest corporate buzzword or marketing slogan that is currently en vogue.

Can't these people just speak normally? Obviously they are having these statements fabricated for them, but couldn't at least the writers in a cubicle somewhere be given the direction to at least make the statements sound human and natural? :confused:

Not only that, but look at the content of the statement. Am I missing something, or is she pretty much admitting that Disney needs help providing exceptional service and amenities?

CaptainMichael

Not only that, but look at the content of the statement. Am I missing something, or is she pretty much admitting that Disney needs help providing exceptional service and amenities?

When I think about exceptional service and amenities, I don't think about Four Seasons...

*not liking this idea*:brick:

Mr.EPCOT

The whole idea makes me :mad: It's bad enough that we have the westernway mall thingy coming, but this just plain sucks. If built directly on Bay Lake, it will truly screw up the atmosphere, theme, and feel of the lake.

I'm with you. I say we pool our resources, buy all of the company's stock, and have our way with the place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom