Fountain & Bottled Drink, Popcorn, Pretzel, and Other Snack Item Prices Exponentially

BigThunderMatt

Looks like prices are increasing a lot...according to Twitter:

Regular Drinks: $3.29 > $3.99

Large Drinks: $3.49 >$4.49

The large drinks increase is kind of insane. Syrup costs them pennies on the dollar, especially in the quantities they buy it in. You can't sit there and tell me they weren't already making a killing on both sizes. If McDonald's can sell large drinks for a dollar and still make money, you can bet WDW is raking it in at $3.49.

BrerWayne

It’s extortion. But what choice do you have. When my family went last August I started every day loaded down with bottles of water in my back pack. In 96 degrees it’s a safety issue not staying hydrated. If you want to gouge people on soda so be it, but at least give people a break on water.

Jim Buck

It’s extortion. But what choice do you have. When my family went last August I started every day loaded down with bottles of water in my back pack. In 96 degrees it’s a safety issue not staying hydrated. If you want to gouge people on soda so be it, but at least give people a break on water.
I assume this is still true but anywhere they sell fountain drinks you can ask for a cup of ice water for free. This helps in carrying the large load and staying safely hydrated!

BigThunderMatt

I assume this is still true but anywhere they sell fountain drinks you can ask for a cup of ice water for free. This helps in carrying the large load and staying safely hydrated!

It is but they almost always try to pawn it off to you in the smallest cup available. Sometimes on hot days at the main QSR locations they'll have a stash of regular size cups of ice water ready to hand out but otherwise get ready for the kiddy size.

BrerWayne

You’re right. A lot of times the quick service restaurants are slammed so getting a cup of ice water would be a bit of a wait. First world problems, I know.

This is definitely true, but I have to warn those who are not from Orlando: the water from most quick service restaurants has the Orlando water taste (kind of a sulfur taste). If you can’t stand that taste and don’t mind waiting a little longer, I have found that the Starbucks locations (at least the ones I’ve gotten water from) have free water without the sulfur taste.

Smiley/OCD

$5.00 for a bottled water & 7.00 for a large soda at MetLife stadium in NJ...In the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad... I being 2 2 liter bottles with me from 7-11 into the park. The only thing I get is ice. The bottom line is, we as guests are captives (for lack of a better word)...Remember, tap water IS free at WDW...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom