Found online petition to save AC

EPCOT Explorer

It would be wonderful if these things worked out...but they never do.

Remember the "Save the Toad" group that actually protested IN WDW?

I'll sign...but it really doesn't look good for poor AC.

JWG

Well, I was #2,097.
Has anyone ever seen one of these online petitions actually work? I've signed several and I don't believe any have mattered.

Good luck!

bliss

Well, I was #2,097.
Has anyone ever seen one of these online petitions actually work? I've signed several and I don't believe any have mattered.

Good luck!

The SaveVMK online petition ended up with over 22,000 signatures. Disney still ignored its fans and closed it.

I signed the petition anyway. best of luck.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I thought Adventure Club was just moving to a different location on property. Its to be part of Rasolu's discovery island wannabe park for rich people (also rumored to be called night kingdom).

MousDad

I thought Adventure Club was just moving to a different location on property. Its to be part of Rasolu's discovery island wannabe park for rich people (also rumored to be called night kingdom).

I think an earlier poster stated that the PI VP (whose name I forgot) said emphatically that none of the clubs would be resurrected.

RE: Night Kingdom, both Jim Hill and Spirit of '74 have hinted that Iger is not on board with Night Kingdom. Hill stated it is a possibility it will get nixed.

FutureKid

We need to do a little more than sign an online petition. I'm sorry but put yourself in one of the execs shoes....

A) He might not even know it's there...he has other "bold new visions" he's working on

B) It's not really legit unless you contact directly through the company

SOOO...what everyone is doing is great!
BUT! please contact Disney directly through their contact page at

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs?id=ContactUsPage

and just do exactly what you're doing....give a little snippit as to why you think PI should be saved and how you think their "Disney Research" people got this very wrong.

I work in a call center and we take in e-mail too...if we had an extra 2000 e-mails in just one day that would overload us.

Kyle

Buried20KLeague

We need to do a little more than sign an online petition. I'm sorry but put yourself in one of the execs shoes....

A) He might not even know it's there...he has other "bold new visions" he's working on

B) It's not really legit unless you contact directly through the company

SOOO...what everyone is doing is great!
BUT! please contact Disney directly through their contact page at

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs?id=ContactUsPage

and just do exactly what you're doing....give a little snippit as to why you think PI should be saved and how you think their "Disney Research" people got this very wrong.

I work in a call center and we take in e-mail too...if we had an extra 2000 e-mails in just one day that would overload us.

Kyle

Are you sure that's the right place to e-mail? The only options there are to send questions from different categories. It's not a "general comment or complaint" area...

Thiger

petition signed (i was 1240) and email sent to Disney contact link

My suggestion 'rename Pleasure Island to adventure island and have the AC as the focal point possibly making it a dinner experience.

fingers crossed

Buried20KLeague

^^^I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering what question to put as my subject....:shrug:

Here... I cut and pasted this from the LONG thread on the topic... Spenceman01 posted these addresses and e-mail. I sent one.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Again, not that it will really help... But if you don't say anything, they won't hear you. :(

Someone mentioned that they didn't do anything when 22,000 people signed the VMK petition... But that wasn't a revenue maker. That was a cost. And only a cost. The AC generates revenue. So who knows. Maybe it's not already cold and dead.

Daneault

My suggestion 'rename Pleasure Island to adventure island and have the AC as the focal point possibly making it a dinner experience.

I made the same suggestion :D
Save AC, just expend it by adding a restaurant to it. This will fit your new "bold vision", you will not antagonize a lot of fans and more importantly you will still offer a "night life" service on your site. Because frankly, taking a beer at the resort bar/lounge is not very exciting to me.

Thiger

If anyone else is interested, i'm organizing a big group of my friends from Toronto to fly down for the 19th and 20th to hit up AC and Ragland to see my friends' U2 tribute band, Elevation.

Feel free to stop by and say hello while we celebrate the ending of an era!

benji

Everyone stop wasting your time signing a petition. If a petition didn't help save Mr. Toad from the Magic Kingdom, what makes you people think this will work for AC?:hammer:

wdwfan100

Sent email into guest commmunications. As well as Iger, Weiss and Crofton. Lets hope. The more I keep thinking about this the more it bothers me.:mad:

wedway71

I am really suprised about AC.

I can see if Disney wants to cut back on the "ROWDY" people coming just for night clubs but AC seemed to have more of a different kind of crowd.
I really dont see why it would have to go even with the new focus on familes verses party animals.

wdwfan100

I already received a reply. Obviously auto generated. Here it is.

Thank you for contacting us at the Walt Disney World® Resort during The
Year of a Million Dreams!

Listening to your feedback is an important way that we sustain and
enhance the magic, and we thank you for taking the time to write to us.
We appreciate your comments and will make sure that they receive proper
attention.

A member of our Executive Correspondence Team looks forward to
responding to you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Executive Offices
Walt Disney World® Resort

I can't wait to see what kind of response they send to everyone. Let keep the emails flooding in there. They need to know it is important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom