FoTLK To Close in January?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Am I losing my mind or was there a time when FOLK was in fact partially outdoors? I seem to remember siting though some HOT performances of that show.

I don't know specifically when WAT's check in is moving, but I'll find out.
It was enclosed back in 2003.

GrumpyFan

Am I losing my mind or was there a time when FOLK was in fact partially outdoors? I seem to remember siting though some HOT performances of that show.

Not entirely. The theater it is in now was open air making it extremely hot in the afternoons. They enclosed it in the last few years and added air conditioning to make it a little more bearable for both guests and performers.

tirian

Screamscape is right. FotLK is slated to move next year. I've heard where it's going, but it seems so far-fetched that I don't want to say it.

Last week's top-secret meeting in Tusker House was more interesting. Joe Rhode and Co. presented upcoming plans to the execs; windows were blacked out and security guarded the doors! Pandora is still on its way, despite Cameron's nitpicking and overall lack of enthusiasm for DAK.

ChrisM

Screamscape is right. FotLK is slated to move next year. I've heard where it's going, but it seems so far-fetched that I don't want to say it.

Last week's top-secret meeting in Tusker House was more interesting. Joe Rhode and Co. presented upcoming plans to the execs; windows were blacked out and security guarded the doors! Pandora is still on its way, despite Cameron's nitpicking and overall lack of enthusiasm for DAK.

Oh snap.

Am I reading the above correctly that Cameron has an overall lack of enthusiam for DAK? Or are "Cameron's nitpicking" and "overall lack of enthusiasm for DAK" separate attributions?

threeyoda

Oh snap.

Am I reading the above correctly that Cameron has an overall lack of enthusiam for DAK? Or are "Cameron's nitpicking" and "overall lack of enthusiasm for DAK" separate attributions?

I read it as Pandora is still coming, despite Cameron's nitpicking and the fan community's overall lack of enthusiasm.

NoChesterHester

James Cameron is a well known detail extremist. His "nitpicking" doesn't surprise me one bit. His "lack of enthusiasm" is surprising since DAK carries a similar message to his passionate political preachings. If he is unenthusiastic about the lack of stuff to do there... well I agree.

As for your exciting comment... I love a good nugget. Hope to hear more soon!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

As I recall, the theater was outdoors (but partially covered) when the park opened. Can't remember exactly when they enclosed the theater.

That doesn't mean, however, that you aren't losing your mind. :oops:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This post would then lead me to believe they are moving it into an existing location.

ellie-badge

Intriguing news. Count me in as another person that'd have thought they'd be moving the show only when the new theater was ready.

flynnibus

Premium Member

The tarzan rocks show used to be in a covered, but open theatre. The theatre was enclosed to house the Nemo Musical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom