Fort Wilderness Resort

Tenny317

My family is thinking about staying at one of the cabins. Does anybody have pictures, or experiences. Is it a pleasant experience to stay there. Meaning is it really rustic like?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
im sure ive posted a few on here. have a look in the gallerys

Stayed there two years ago and again in around 80 days. It is very nice to have all that space. Its probably the friendliest resort Ive stayed at. The only thing is that the pools are well.....just pools no features but the are refreshing and very popular at night post park.

Trails End was fine, the boat to the MK a great way to start the day, and the buses no where near as bad as some of the horror stories portrayed on the net.

Im sure youll have a great tip

Upvote 0

DisneyEspo

My advice...rent a golf cart.

Don't get me wrong it's a great resort, but to get to your cabin is a bit of work. The resort buses bring you to one of two stops, at either end of the resort. They are called the Outpost or the Settlement. Then from there you have to catch anonther internal resort bus to get to your block, either yellow, orange, or purple depending on what cabin number you have. Then you have to walk from the bus stop to your cabin, which could be another half mile if you are at the farthest cabin.

If you rent a cart, you can park it at your cabin. And then you can drive it to the Outpost or Settlement and park it there while you go to the resorts. When you return from the resorts, you just get in your cart and drive back to your cabin.

This also helps when you need to buy something at the general store, which gets to be tiresome if you have to carry groceries on a bus, and then walk to your cabin. And it's easier to get to and from the many activities there are in the resort, most of which are located at the far end at the Settlement.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

or you could just get out a map look at the loops and request a cabin in a loop near a bus stop. We actually :eek: walked...... :eek:

That said I had a car, dont like relying on Disney buses

Upvote 0

Polyman

Yes, Tenny317, it is quite rustic inside the cabin and out. Yet it has all the modern conveniences you need. It's like being totally isolated. You would never know you are anywhere near Disneyworld. It is so very peaceful, relaxing, and QUIET, especially at night. Just watch that step when you step out of the shower/bathtub. :animwink: :wave:

Upvote 0

Tenny317

Original Poster
Thanks guys...we are only staying from a Saturday to Tuesday...and we are getting a car. So walking and getting things won't be a problem and getting to the buses either. Whenever we can we try NOT to use the buses. They are a great idea don't get me wrong we jsut ratgher have a bus. So walking is not a big deal to us because of the car

Upvote 0

DisneyEspo

Tenny317 said:
Thanks guys...we are only staying from a Saturday to Tuesday...and we are getting a car. So walking and getting things won't be a problem and getting to the buses either. Whenever we can we try NOT to use the buses. They are a great idea don't get me wrong we jsut ratgher have a bus. So walking is not a big deal to us because of the car

Actually, Disney asks that you do not use your car to drive to and from the parks to the Wilderness Campground, or within the campground itself. The idea is to have as little traffic as possible. When you check in, you are given a resort newsletter. In it, it states that cars are only to be used when leaving Walt Disney property. Otherwise you are to use buses or boat (if you are going to MK).

As far as walking...I prefer to save that for the parks! :cool:

Upvote 0

Magicot

Fort Wilderness Campground is a great experience. I have stayed there for many trips both the camping sites and the cabins. The cabins in particular are very cozy and comfortable. My biggest tip is bring your bikes, there are so many nice biking trails and it's a fast and relaxing way to get around the "wilderness". Hope I could be of some help Tenny317.

Upvote 0

maconMouse

On my recent trip to WDW, one family strongly recommended the Dinner Buffet at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness to us. They told us it was one of the best dinner buffets on property. I was curious to hear others' comments, and if you recommended going here one night for dinner.

Upvote 0

swimmom

maconMouse said:
On my recent trip to WDW, one family strongly recommended the Dinner Buffet at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness to us. They told us it was one of the best dinner buffets on property. I was curious to hear others' comments, and if you recommended going here one night for dinner.
On our last trip, we went for lunch. It was o.k., but I can't rave about it. I would go back, but I have a lot more restaurants on my list to return to before Trail's End.

Upvote 0
Actually, Disney asks that you do not use your car to drive to and from the parks to the Wilderness Campground, or within the campground itself. The idea is to have as little traffic as possible. When you check in, you are given a resort newsletter. In it, it states that cars are only to be used when leaving Walt Disney property. Otherwise you are to use buses or boat (if you are going to MK).

As far as walking...I prefer to save that for the parks! :cool:

Hmmm... I guess it couldn't be that they just want to keep you a captive to their inflated prices now could it. No, I'm sure the are just trying to make sure its tranquil there. I don't suppose they actually have TV in those cabins cause that would certainly spoil the tranquility.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Actually, Disney asks that you do not use your car to drive to and from the parks to the Wilderness Campground, or within the campground itself. ! :cool:

I only ever recall reading about not using a car on the campground. However there are a few slots opposite the shop if you are getting groceries. We used thecar almost daily as did most of the other cabin dwellers around us.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We are planning to eat there in Sept. 2007.
I have heard good reviews!
:)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My family is thinking about staying at one of the cabins. Does anybody have pictures, or experiences. Is it a pleasant experience to stay there. Meaning is it really rustic like?
We have never stayed at FW, but the resort has some fun things -
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (every Thurs. & Sat. night) - we did that last summer
Hoop Dee Doo Revue (could not get in this year)
Wagon rides
Horseback riding
Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-Along at Meadow Trading Post
-just to name a few things
It sounds like a fun place to stay!
:)

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We stayed in a cabin last spring break. They are really cute! It was a totally different experience than staying in a hotel. It was nice to have the extra room, but it was a chore getting anywhere (and we had a golf cart). All in all, I would stay there again. I just wish they would upgrade the pools.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

does a pool really determine where you would stay on a disney vacation???? I mean there are a couple of pools, and they have plenty of room...why do they need a theme or flashing lights??? thats what BB and TL are for. I love FW and have stayed there many times, both in the cabins and in a camper. I don't think that a golf cart is a "must have" the busses run all over the campground, plus its not all that far of a walk.....although after closing down MK with EMH does make it seem twice as long. I would go back to FW time and time again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom