Formula 1 2023

Timmay

Original Poster
He really hasn’t done that at all since well prior to the summer break. One incident I can think of recently during practice. In wet. So he’s done exactly what they asked him to do. Clean it up.
If I remember right it was Japan…and most of the damage has come in practice/Quali and not the actual races. It does add up. I think I remember Steiner addressing it sometime in the last few weeks I think.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If I remember right it was Japan…and most of the damage has come in practice/Quali and not the actual races. It does add up. I think I remember Steiner addressing it sometime in the last few weeks I think.
It does add up...but overall, it has stopped, and Haas comes out still crying about it. And since the summer break Mick has consistently outperformed or performed at the same level as Kevin. He stepped it up and they are still publicly calling him out about crashes that occurred at the beginning. They are effing him over. Giovinazzi crashes after 3 laps and they are quick to make excuses for him. If you don't want Mick, privately get another driver and announce when ready. Don't throw him under the bus publicly because your car is garbage, your strategy is many races has sucked, and you don't have money to do upgrades. The team is a joke.

Timmay

Original Poster
It does add up...but overall, it has stopped, and Haas comes out still crying about it. And since the summer break Mick has consistently outperformed or performed at the same level as Kevin. He stepped it up and they are still publicly calling him out about crashes that occurred at the beginning. They are effing him over. Giovinazzi crashes after 3 laps and they are quick to make excuses for him. If you don't want Mick, privately get another driver and announce when ready. Don't throw him under the bus publicly because your car is garbage, your strategy is many races has sucked, and you don't have money to do upgrades. The team is a joke.
Don’t sugar coat it…give it to us straight. 😉

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Finally some closure...."The FIA found Red Bull had been in breach of the $145 million cap by £432,652 once an unclaimed UK tax credit of £1.4 million (£1.6 million) was taken into account."

GimpYancIent

Finally some closure...."The FIA found Red Bull had been in breach of the $145 million cap by £432,652 once an unclaimed UK tax credit of £1.4 million (£1.6 million) was taken into account."

Interesting, but Red Bull can afford the 7 Mil fine, the 10 percent wind tunnel testing reduction will have negligible impact on vehicle development and red Bull has the Championship.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Interesting, but Red Bull can afford the 7 Mil fine, the 10 percent wind tunnel testing reduction will have negligible impact on vehicle development and red Bull has the Championship.
According to sky sports, the 10% reduction means 25 runs next season rather than 28. Ferrari has 30 runs. Mercedes 32. So I am not sure about it being negligible.

Timmay

Original Poster
According to sky sports, the 10% reduction means 25 runs next season rather than 28. Ferrari has 30 runs. Mercedes 32. So I am not sure about it being negligible.
Remember these are runs per week, if I remember correctly. The huge advantage to the wind tunnels is they can be set to replicate each individual track. So I’m thinking in general Red Bull might not have upgrades be as impactful right away next year…maybe? Lacking a windtunnelology doctorate may limit the knowledge of my WAG.

Timmay

Original Poster
So, I have watched every race and quali this year…and probably 75% of the practice sessions. After all that, I freely admit it has completely escaped me just how dominant a year it has been for Verstappen. I think maybe it was the first few races where he had some DNF’s that kept throwing me off. For some reason I still have this impression that Hamilton’s’19 season seems far mor dominating…but it wasn’t. Is there such a thing as a quiet or stealthy dominance? Maybe it’s just me.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
So, I have watched every race and quali this year…and probably 75% of the practice sessions. After all that, I freely admit it has completely escaped me just how dominant a year it has been for Verstappen. I think maybe it was the first few races where he had some DNF’s that kept throwing me off. For some reason I still have this impression that Hamilton’s’19 season seems far mor dominating…but it wasn’t. Is there such a thing as a quiet or stealthy dominance? Maybe it’s just me.

Perhaps because Hamilton had more competition from Bottas? Ferrari seemed capable of challenging but seemed to implode frequently. Those early DNFs just delayed the inevitable.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yep. It is not even close. Destroyed the competition. And in many races, by a long distance.

I thought Merc could do something yesterday. But per usual, Max killed it and RB got their strategy exactly right.

Timmay

Original Poster
Perhaps because Hamilton had more competition from Bottas? Ferrari seemed capable of challenging but seemed to implode frequently. Those early DNFs just delayed the inevitable.
Yeah, maybe. Memory is a funny thing.

On a side note…is not Dad Perez the absolute happiest person in earth…always?

Timmay

Original Poster
Tickets sold out for Las Vegas in just minutes. Cheapest ticket was $500. It looked like there were 100,000 people just at the launch party alone. If you haven’t yet, go find the official F1 channel on YouTube and watch it. You’ll be treated to the incredible sound of a V8 Red Bull tearing up The Strip, a Mercedes with some pretty cool under glow, and Perez ripping donuts with both hands off the wheel.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Tickets sold out for Las Vegas in just minutes. Cheapest ticket was $500. It looked like there were 100,000 people just at the launch party alone. If you haven’t yet, go find the official F1 channel on YouTube and watch it. You’ll be treated to the incredible sound of a V8 Red Bull tearing up The Strip, a Mercedes with some pretty cool under glow, and Perez ripping donuts with both hands off the wheel.
I have a hotel room booked for Austin. Pass on Vegas. Don’t believe the hype. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom