Formula 1 2023

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I apologize…I’m not familiar with any thread. I was speaking of my Instagram feed getting lots of cool puffins.

Timmay

Original Poster
Have to admit, I’m excited about Alonso qualifying!
That was a pretty fun qualification all the way around.

I got to say, about half way through the race now, and I’m happy with the camera location changes this year. We get a great view of the infamous “bump” right in the middle of the racing line between turn 4 and 5.

Timmay

Original Poster
Sort of surprised, and sort of not. Maybe he’s shrewd enough to not want to be quoted if/when they become dominant again.

Yeah. It’s just a matter of time though until some technical car changes come into play. F1 needs to get some of the same parity in race results we’ve seen in the top ten qualifying results.

Saw some ideas on the interwebs recently

Verstappen must drive the Red Bull shuttle van, loaded with an 8 year olds soccer team…all while passing out orange slices.

All drivers from P11 down get to use a secret shortcut…like in Mario Kart.

Trackside sprinklers kick on in random spots at a random time each race.

Seriously though…another couple of races before we see teams implementing full changes after getting their free peek under Red Bulls skirt last week.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Yeah. It’s just a matter of time though until some technical car changes come into play. F1 needs to get some of the same parity in race results we’ve seen in the top ten qualifying results.

Saw some ideas on the interwebs recently

Verstappen must drive the Red Bull shuttle van, loaded with an 8 year olds soccer team…all while passing out orange slices.

All drivers from P11 down get to use a secret shortcut…like in Mario Kart.

Trackside sprinklers kick on in random spots at a random time each race.

Seriously though…another couple of races before we see teams implementing full changes after getting their free peek under Red Bulls skirt last week.

Talent from Red Bull moving to other teams will spread some knowledge and in some cases culture. It’s only year two with the new car. Aston Martin has improved, Ferrari has… well been Ferrari of late, and Mercedes has finally moved on from some poor design choices to be pretty competitive with each other.

Timmay

Original Poster
Off week and off topic.

Both Ferraris 1-2 to start Le Mans today. Anxious to see how they will manage to mess this one up. And the Garage 56 Camaro is far faster than anyone thought it could be. Can it finish though?

Love Ft Wilderness

Off week and off topic.

Both Ferraris 1-2 to start Le Mans today. Anxious to see how they will manage to mess this one up. And the Garage 56 Camaro is far faster than anyone thought it could be. Can it finish though?
We were thinking that since Ferrari has fielded 2 cars in Le Man, that's why the F1 team isn't doing so well.

Timmay

Original Poster
We were thinking that since Ferrari has fielded 2 cars in Le Man, that's why the F1 team isn't doing so well.
Technically Ferrari/AF Corse has 6 cars in the WEC this year…but the 2 in the Hypercar category of course are the most important. I would say the AF Corse and the Ferrari F1 teams are separated enough that one doesn’t impact the other.

Timmay

Original Poster
Wow. Toyota dethroned and Ferrari wins!!! And who helped pilot the 51 car to the win? None other that the “Glorious Hair” himself, Antonio Giovinazzi!! A huge story is Cadillac brings their IMSA LMDh cars and finish 3rd and 4th…Corvette racing wins the GTE class…the “NASCAR” Camaro makes it the entire way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom