Formula 1 2023

Timmay

Original Poster
We nodded off a few times during the live broadcast and so tuned in to the replay. They cut the Gasly-Ocon collision and the entire third red flag from the replay, and didn’t even mention it.
What the heck? How do you leave that out?

I feel really bad for Gasly. Every time he looks to be turning the corner from just mid-pack racer something goes horribly wrong. And Sainz? I’ve read the stewards statement twice and still can’t figure out how they came to their conclusion.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Took me a second to understand this new spring format...essentially an extra short qualifying and short race all on Saturday just to give out more points, but has no affect on Sunday's race.

And I forgot actual qualifying was today...darn

Timmay

Original Poster
Took me a second to understand this new spring format...essentially an extra short qualifying and short race all on Saturday just to give out more points, but has no affect on Sunday's race.

And I forgot actual qualifying was today...darn
Yeah. Kind of a mini race and a big race, with their own quali, independent of each other.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Starting to look like Drive to Survive could fill the next season by following Red Bull exclusively;) I’m hoping Checo makes it interesting for everybody. Especially Max!
Checo seems like the only chance to make things interesting. Unfortunately, I do not think he can keep it up on all tracks. He does really well on certain types but seems to fall off on others. Although the car this year does seem more suited to him than last year, for now at least. Or he is just more used to it...

Timmay

Original Poster
Don’t get down, guys…The Alonso/Swift thing is entertaining as heck!!! David Croft was nailing it all weekend.

Oh, and my wife got me a signed copy of Surviving to Drive…so there is that.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Meh. Stick extreme wets on and let the drivers decide. They are supposed to be the best in the world. Prove it.

Timmay

Original Poster
The area is in an emergency situation with lots of flooding...
I think most of the safety volunteers are busy with a few other things at the moment. Plus I don’t even know if the track has been fully drained yet. At least they made the decision early.

GimpYancIent

Meh. Stick extreme wets on and let the drivers decide. They are supposed to be the best in the world. Prove it.
Fair, but, there is a point where regardless of how great, fantastic stupendous a driver may be and how aggressively treaded tires may be when the tire contact with the road surface is lost, simply put, there are no winners.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
the big bang theory sarcasm GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom