Formula 1 2023

Love Ft Wilderness

Well, I'm happy for the winners but, the race was quite boring for me. I cleaned the cat box and came back to see nothing happened or changed.

What was the supposed 2nd penalty for Alonso?

EDITED: Now I know that they think Alonso didn't properly serve his first penalty. These penalties in F1 are just ridiculous. Not just now but has been for several years.

Last edited:

Timmay

Original Poster
Looks like back jack was touching lift point before 5 sec penalty ended
Essentially same as Ocon last week, then. 10 second plus the 5 second penalty if they are consistent. Puts him out of third I believe.

I thought the race was good overall…advantage of having F1TV…I can watch all the good battles as they happen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe Alonso will get the pole in Monaco and somebody besides Red Bull will get a win.
Ferrari has gotten worse since last year. Red Bull better. Don’t see how anyone will be able to match the pace of Red Bull unless we see some miracle upgrades. It’s embarrassing for the rest of the field.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, I'm happy for the winners but, the race was quite boring for me. I cleaned the cat box and came back to see nothing happened or changed.

What was the supposed 2nd penalty for Alonso?

EDITED: Now I know that they think Alonso didn't properly serve his first penalty. These penalties in F1 are just ridiculous. Not just now but has been for several years.
Get used to it.

Timmay

Original Poster
He has a point tbh.

"Today is not good for the fans," Alonso said. "When you have 35 laps to apply the penalty and are informed about the penalty and you wait after the podium, there is something wrong in the system.
Yeah. First, this particular rule is stupid. Second, if it’s taking that long to decide if it’s a penalty or not, the rule should be changed.

Timmay

Original Poster

Good grief. Who writes these rules?? Who approves these rules? Ugh.

Just have all penalties served at the end of the race. No more issue. Of course then you’ll get teams causing cautions at the very end of the race to ensure one of their drivers is/isn’t within the penalty time of other cars.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I stayed up. I felt it was very entertaining. All of it. The battles going on throughout the entire field were fun to watch.
We nodded off a few times during the live broadcast and so tuned in to the replay. They cut the Gasly-Ocon collision and the entire third red flag from the replay, and didn’t even mention it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom