News Former Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to be honored as a Disney Legend at D23 2024

Lilofan

Wait... Frank Oz was not already a Disney Legend? How is that even possible? Good grief.

Very nice to see John Williams getting honored as well.
Even current Disney Legends with a much checkered past ( drugs, assault , jail time etc ) Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr are in the club.

JoeCamel

I really don’t think they are priming him to return. I’ve heard rumors that Animal Kingdom is getting more than just the Dinoland redo and it would be great to have him back to oversee this.

Part of me wonders if Disneyland is getting an all new Avatar experience and that will also come to Pandora as a land expansion. Pure speculation on my part.
Limited consultancy to fix the yeti......

He said he would

WoundedDreamer

Dear Joe Rohde,
We wanted let you know about Project Ro. Project Ro is going to be an expansion to Disney's Animal Kingdom that will destroy the cohesiveness of your beloved creation. We're going to shoehorn in all sorts of jarringly illogical and unrelated things into the Animal Kingdom. Unfortunately, this means the messages and themes you carefully wove into the setting will be destroyed or obscured. These messages will be replaced with vacuous rides that are set in a jungle, so they fit in Animal Kingdom because jungles. We also are going to put Zootopia into the heart of the park, even though you specifically said that it goes against the message of the park. We're doing this to make Disney's Animal Kingdom more Disney.

While everyone agrees this change is for the best, we understand that you might have some mixed feelings about all of this. So, we're going to give you a little statue and you can leave a handprint at our corporate Headquarters.
Your Pal,
The Walt Disney Company

DisneyDodo

Maybe we are all wrong about Dinoland and the construction permit is all for fixing the yeti. :)
Yup, it turns out that refurbishing the yeti not only requires them to dismantle the entire Forbidden Mountain inch by inch, but also to replace all traces of dinosaurs in the park with Indiana Jones and Encanto. I don’t claim to understand the science behind it

JustInTime

Haha I had a typo. My post was supposed to say I really DO think. And the funniest part is you’ve quoted my own Twitter thread. I’m the same Justin.

IMG_1059.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom