News Former Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde to be honored as a Disney Legend at D23 2024

Epcot81Fan

1710867399179.png

JustInTime

I really do think they are priming him to return. I’ve heard rumors that Animal Kingdom is getting more than just the Dinoland redo and it would be great to have him back to oversee this.

Part of me wonders if Disneyland is getting an all new Avatar experience and that will also come to Pandora as a land expansion. Pure speculation on my part.

Last edited:

MrPromey

We get it; you don't like the dude.*

How about you show us some examples of your worst work so we can all have a fair comparison?

*enough that this time you posted the same two pictures you've already posted to these forums (I have no idea how many times now) separately with no commentary a half hour apart from each other.

Last edited:

JohnD

We get it - you don't like the dude.*

How about you show us some examples of your worst work so we can all have a fair comparison?

*enough that this time you posted the same two pictures you've already posted to these forums (I have no idea how many times now) separately with no commentary a half hour apart.
I haven't been on it yet and frankly don't know when I will ever make it out to the west coast. But he wasn't the one who decided to retheme the west coast TOT to GOTG. At least he was on the design team to limit the damage.

Comped

Here's what Joe Rohde had to say on the announcement:

Not a big fan of many of the choices over the last 10 years or so, especially once they started to branch out to give it to actors the prize who aren't at Kurt Russel (or Robin Williams) level of contribution to the company's film history, but Rhode does deserve it.

Personally, Blanding, Curtis, Miley, all stretch the category a bit. All of them don't really fit in with the other Legends, in terms of how legendary their contribution to Disney actually was. Mily's shunned Disney for years, especially after her show was over. Curtis had like 3 roles in shows distributed/produced by Disney. With Blanding I'm not sure she's done enough to hold her in the company of the parks & resorts execs who have gotten it over the years (and especially when you consider those who haven't gotten the honour yet). The rest, yes, even Ripa, I actually don't mind.

AndyS2992

On another note, why haven't Verna Felton (Mrs Jumbo, Fairy Godmother, Flora, Aunt Sarah, Mrs Hathi) and Eleanor Audley (Lady Tremaine, Maleficent, Madame Leota) been made Disney Legends? Yes they're dead but they voiced many iconic characters. Other people have been made Disney Legends and haven't really contributed much of anything to the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom