Former disney world cast member

Jane1

Original Poster
hey disney fans,

good to see lots on here :)

I've just recently come back from having the best year of my life as a food and beverage cast member for the UK pavilion of epcot is disney world.

Just to say if anyone needs advice, help or tips and wants to know bout idrive, staying off site and dining off site, aswell as transport around orlando area and things to do besides disney world then let me know.

i'm more than happy to help and u can say hi to my second home if ur going on holiday there :) I miss it lol:(

Jane1

Original Poster
i'm not sure, haven't heard nything since i left, my friends there are pretty quiet lol. but i know we've had a new menu set in our restaurant - rose and crown? uk pavilion epcot. so u could check it out. i hope theyve kept the choc scotch cake, it was amazing lol. i know there is gona be a new celebration next year as year of a million dreams is officially ending this year :( that was a great celebration. :) but that's all i know sadly. would actually wana go bak to work there again. just didn't like some things

agent86

hey disney fans,

good to see lots on here :)

I've just recently come back from having the best year of my life as a food and beverage cast member for the UK pavilion of epcot is disney world.

Just to say if anyone needs advice, help or tips and wants to know bout idrive, staying off site and dining off site, aswell as transport around orlando area and things to do besides disney world then let me know.

i'm more than happy to help and u can say hi to my second home if ur going on holiday there :) I miss it lol:(

:lookaroun Hmmm.... Something about this whole thread seems a tad suspect. It's been created by a brand new poster, who supposedly worked there for a year but doesn't seem to have any inside information...and conveniently is offering tips on "things to do besides disney world". This almost seems like nothing more than a different approach to advertising/spam. Something tells me this poster will have some "glowing" recommendations for some must-sees, and will conveniently have tons of information on those things...but still not know much about the place where he/she supposedly worked for a year. I would take this thread with a very small grain of salt.

rdour@techminds

Hello,

Just curious, did you have your own transportation or did you use Orlando's public transit system? I've thought about working for the mouse, but I decided against it as nobody has been able to tell me if the public transit is any good. I'm not a college student, so I would have to live way off property, and I'll never drive.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
heh, CM's don't get much inside information unless you're a higher-up or something gets posted to "the hub" company website. So that doesn't surprise me at all.

Also, believe it or not some CM's actually do like to venture beyond Disney property and see other things around Orlando :animwink:

Jane1

Original Poster
I truly am a former cast member, but having left in july, nothing new had happened, altho i still don't know what next year's special celebration will be, as last 2 years has been year of a million dreams. I loved the dream makers - those in light blue shirts. used to play cards with them in the street and beg disney stickers off them lol was fun. Then if it rained, we were drenched cus we work outside always, running to get podium covers and then goin to hell with it and goin out in the street singing frank sinatra lol or hopping through epcot on the way to work. I hated the ecvs lol get run down on them all the time. then having to cover prams and electric ecvs lol with plastic trash bags lol memorys/ and our costumes were see thru wen it rained too lol. and the lagoon - seven seas lagoon is full of yucky water, beer is poured in there but sssh lol and our appartment complexs in lake buena vista, tradition was on ur last day of work for disney, through ur work shoes, which smelt btw lol, into the lake there at the commons. u cnt get in those residences tho, security is v tight.

yeh wel, we had our own cast member only taxi services, Kojak and Orlando who took us nywer we wanted to for less price than normal cabs. then we had american coach busses that took us to work, publix, vista credit union and post office and walmart and stuff.

tell u what tho, i'll post a pic of my name tag and my official disney trainer pin, then u'll know i'm a former cast member of Mickey

wvdisneyfamily

:lookaroun Hmmm.... Something about this whole thread seems a tad suspect. It's been created by a brand new poster, who supposedly worked there for a year but doesn't seem to have any inside information...and conveniently is offering tips on "things to do besides disney world". This almost seems like nothing more than a different approach to advertising/spam. Something tells me this poster will have some "glowing" recommendations for some must-sees, and will conveniently have tons of information on those things...but still not know much about the place where he/she supposedly worked for a year. I would take this thread with a very small grain of salt.

Take it with a grain of salt, but don't put a new poster on the defensive by being so quick to assume they are untruthful. I think everyone here has enough sense to be skeptical of insider posts (which Jane1 is not claiming to do anyway) without having to be told to do so.

captainkidd

I can't really make a call one way or the other. My guess is the poster is neither American or British. Not trying to sound rude, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Jane1

Original Poster
lol i'm neither, i'm Irish :) I worked in the UK (united kingdom) pavilion. just because I'm northern irish i suppose. Had to get a uk passport lol i only had irish and i had to get a uk passport to work there once i got the job acceptance lol

My friend who i trained is still there, go see him if you're visiting epcot, hes a food and beverage cast member like i was. His name is gareth and is from newry, ireland :) he'll be there til june - that's one way to prove i'm a cast member.

also he's updated me this evening and some funny news lol not sure if i shud share it, but mayb i will lol two of my managers have left, one of whom had an affair with one of the girls in our work place :S lol we all thot it was happening but she told them after he left.

currently they're preparing for candlelight - which is amazing you should go see it, very beautiful, but basically is christmas choir :) and international food and wine festival is running - of which i did last year, hated it cus i had to stand in our tea cart all day selling iced teas (which of course, we only have hot plain breakfast tea in the uk lol) never got my head round that. carrying heavy urns cross from the fish hut to the garden, god i got muscles from that lol and i met steven twining (of twinings tea) he's a lovely guy, typical stereotypical english gentleman lol

CAPTAIN HOOK

My friend who i trained is still there, go see him if you're visiting epcot, hes a food and beverage cast member like i was. His name is gareth and is from newry, ireland :) he'll be there til june - that's one way to prove i'm a cast member.

Is Gareth at The R & C as well ? Will he give me a discount if I mention your name when I eat there on Christmas Day ?? :animwink:

Jane1

Original Poster
yeh he is, i trained him when he came last june, he goes to the same university as me at home in ireland. and he's now a server at the rose and crown. but do mention me :) i won't see him until he comes home in june :( lol he's a lovely guy and will give u great service, don't u worry. i could ask him nicely if he could slip in a few more bread rolls for u lol

grayblue

I've heard what next years celebration will be because I called to confirm reservations in December for my honeymoon. The guy on the phone said that they'll be starting it by the time we get there, which will be the week of Christmas. Because of his accent, I couldn't understand him completely but it sounds like buttons will be involved for every celebration and something special might happen to you as it relates to your button.

That's what I made out of it. I could tell that he didn't really want to go into detail but he said that's the new theme.

Oh yeah, this is my first post!

Jane1

Original Poster
that sounds like fun!!!! mayb they want to keep it all hush hush and then it'll be much better. i loved those pins btw. wen my boyfriend came over at christmas last year, i got him a first visit pin, cus he's never bn before, just married lol and happy anniversary and we both wore them lol was fun, actually confused one of the cast members outside the gates of epcot lol i stole them of course cus we had loads behind podium wer i worked :) still have them :D never new wat honorary citizen was :S

When did u get married? and congratulations. i hope the two of u r very happy and may you have a long happy marriage :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just so you know they announced that the next "celebration" will be "What will you celebrate" encouraging people to celebrate their occasions at WDW - part of it is free admission to the parks on your birthday and a gift card [I'm thinking it was for $75, but am not sure this early in the morning].

sarabi

Wow.

Well, Jane1 has taken that jab really well, and for that I give a hearty welcome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom