Forbidden Mountain

GaryT977

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Thanks for the link,as far as the fairies goes,I have tons of animated and non gifs and I`m trying to use each one so I`m going to change from time to time!:D

Gotcha. :D

crazy2363

No it is 199 feet tall. They made it so they didn't have to have a blinker on top for planes. And the moutain is rumored to be 199 ft too.

Al

If this does go ahead, then it will be spectacular. 199ft mountain!?

:eek:

WOW!!!! Fingers crossed :D :) :sohappy:

;)

darthdarrel

This ride sounds great,but don`t count the chickens till their hatched,You all know how Disney is! How long has it been rumored about Beastly kingdom yet it has not come to pass and wasn`t their supposed to be a mountain type ride based on the villians? I don`t see that concept coming to pass. I mean I don`t mean to sound like a pesimist, But I don`t even see them building a new E ticket ride for atleast 6 years.:(

WDWKing

Man, I hate getting my hopes up for something that we have no evidence whatsoever on. Ah, what the heck! I think that if this ride is to be built, Disney should do something more along the lines of Big Thunder Mtn. This way, many more people will get to experience and enjoy this attraction. I have faith in WDI and I believe that they will do the right thing (with the money they are given :lol: ). Seriously, they only screwed up a couple of times in WDW, but they have a good record.

P.S. - Lee: I PM'd you.

ToTBellHop

Disney honestly has to build something for Animal Kingdom--they can't afford to wait any longer. It's still a young park and being that this will be its fifth birthday, it needs something to be in the works.

Lee

Adventurer
FYI
I just read through the Forbidden Mtn. info on Screamscape, and it is very accurate. Check it out for some details I haven't posted here.

AndyMagic

Thanks Lee... I just read through Screamscapes description and if it really IS accurate I am even more excited than before! This really seems like a MASSIVE mountain ride and I think this could become a Disney classic like the other three mountains. My only concern is that, depending on how tame it is, could be a little too similar to Big Thunder Mountain. Is there any news on the specifics of the ride system? I know it is gonna be a coaster but what type exactly and is a third party going to engineer the coaster part of the ride like Vekoma did for RNRC?

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think you will be confusing this ride with BTM. It looks to be a considerably more intense coaster.
One drop looks to me to be in the 100ft range, and the helixes on the outside look pretty serious.

As for the ride system, I am sure the engineering and fabrication will be outsourced. The most likely name I hear is S&S/Arrow, with Intamin a close second. As to whether it is a wood or steel mine train is unclear, but I would be willing to bet it is heavily themed steel.

Daannzzz

""and the helixes on the outside look pretty serious. """
Did the track on these helixes appear to be incorporated into the mountain like on the Matterhorn, or were they out in the open being held up with large girders or cylindrical supports like on..say..the Hulk.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Daannzzz
Did the track on these helixes appear to be incorporated into the mountain like on the Matterhorn, or were they out in the open being held up with large girders or cylindrical supports like on..say..the Hulk.

They are outside the mountain, held up by what look to be your basic mine train trestle-style supports. Sort of like on BTM, but bigger.

Daannzzz

[
They are outside the mountain, held up by what look to be your basic mine train trestle-style supports. Sort of like on BTM, but bigger.
That sounds like it might be okay. Depends on what the coaster is suppose to be themed as. A runaway mine train through the Himalayan Mountains!!! Hmmm. I guess that will work. Hopefully it will not be to Hyper. I am getting tired of not being able to ride any of Disney's new E-ticket rides.

hallowboy11

I don't think that this ride is being built for those who DON'T like the new E-tickets - i.e. - RnR, ToT, etc. It's being made to draw in more crowds and attract younger people.

netenyahoo

I cant wait to ride this!!! 100 ft drop!! oh yeah!!!!!!

Disney is aware of people who don't like thrill rides. There is still a lot of things for everyone to do at the parks and I'm sure they will build more rides for everyone, but right now thrill rides bring in the money and Disney needs that now.

Originally posted by netenyahoo
I cant wait to ride this!!! 100 ft drop!! oh yeah!!!!!!

Without getting into the "Disney should/shouldn't have thrill rides" argument, a 100 foot drop is not much at all by current roller coaster standards. There are over ten coasters in the US alone with 200+ foot drops, including a 300 foot drop on Millennium Force at Cedar Point, and countless coasters with 100 foot drops. Heck, Cedar Point alone has seven coasters with 100+ foot drops (and they're building one with a 400 foot drop! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom