Forbidden Mountain

Lee

Adventurer
O.K. here is what I have recently learned:
The attraction is going to be built.
An announcement could come as soon as the park's anniversary this spring.
The mountain will be huge, and "multi-peaked".
The ride system is best described as a mine train type coaster, which travels both inside and outside the mountain. Think a gigantic Matterhorn.

No invert, no flyer. Manufacturer could be S&S/Arrow, but I'm not 100% on that.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Lee
The ride system is best described as a mine train type coaster, which travels both inside and outside the mountain. Think a gigantic Matterhorn.

Hey! I just watched the inside Animal Kingdom special on the Travel Channel, and when they said about looking toward the futer with new rides, They showed a rough CG image of a futer ride that they might build, and the image was of the monster in the ride video! I think this ride in just about 99% going to happen! :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Hey! I just watched the inside Animal Kingdom special on the Travel Channel, and when they said about looking toward the futer with new rides, They showed a rough CG image of a futer ride that they might build, and the image was of the monster in the ride video! I think this ride in just about 99% going to happen! :sohappy:

It does seem as though this is one project that might just get built...

Well im liking this. I would love to see a coaster though. I belive that would bring alot of people to there. This is exactley wht disney needs. Take a little buisiness for IOA and get some here

WDWfan2209

I've heard some rumors of the Forbidden Mountain ride being a mix of space mountain and the matterhorn mixed with a touch of RRC. Just a rumor. It sounds right up Ak's alley!

Lee

Adventurer
A more accurate description would be a mix of Matterhorn and Big Thunder. As for RnRC, the only connection I can see would be perhaps the type of preshow. I don't see a SM comparison.

Originally posted by Lee

how HUGE is huge?

Lee

Adventurer
Yep. 200ft is about right, in fact it may well wind up being the tallest structure at the resort.

Easily visible from all areas of the park, and from outside as well.

Taller than the Tree of Life.

And not only tall, wide too. It's not a single peak like Matterhorn, but sort of a mini mountain range, with several peaks.

Breathtaking.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Goofster
Lee, have you learned when Disney hopes to open it about?

The earliest I hear is spring 2005. A project of this size takes a while. It'll be fun to watch it go up though!

SirNim

If it's higher that 200 feet, it will need to have signal light beacons for low-flying airplanes at the "summit"...

Hmm... How would Disney theme that into a "Forbidden Mountain"??

:D :)

ToTBellHop

More like Fall 2005--I don't see this crossing the 200 foot mark...they don't want to have to put a big red beacon on top...it works w/ the Mickey Wand, but it'd be awkward on top of a mountain.

Jacks Sally

The journey video was so dark.............but of course their
in the center of the earth so I should of expected that:D
The monster and the drop how neat

The Simbad ride was lovely it looks just like your watching
a cartoon ....beautifully done

either of these rides would be a great plus to add to
any of the disney parks

*~JS

Lee

Adventurer
True, buildings over 200 feet from ground level need a light on top.
However, there are ways to sort of get around that rule. One being the height of the ground where the building sits. ToT tops out at over 200 feet above Sunset Blvd. It is measured from the man made hill it sits on.
What I'm saying is, if you raise the grade, you raise the structure without going over the 200 foot limit. That is what I was talking about. From sea level, Forbidden Mtn. may wind up being the tallest on property. Or, then again, maybe I was misinformed.

Anyway, as for opening dates, I understand that once the announcement is made, construction is expected to be done at a very fast rate in order to get the attaction open as soon as possible. Spring 2005 may bee pushing it, but I hear they will be trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom