Forbidden Mountain

Lee

Adventurer
A major part of the budget will be the actual mountain. To build on the scale being discussed for Forbidden Mountain, similar in size to Mt. Prometheous in TDS, is a VERY expensive proposition.

For what it's worth, those who have seen the model say it is in fact a coaster, not a Journey, Indy, or Test Track style system.
Still, I am against it being an invert. You can't see around you in an invert, making show scenes pointless. Intamin's new trains, like on Xcelerator, are some of the best I've ridden, and would have great visibility. Here's Xcel's train:

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1574.htm?Picture=25

Justin

Originally posted by Lee
A major part of the budget will be the actual mountain. To build on the scale being discussed for Forbidden Mountain, similar in size to Mt. Prometheous in TDS, is a VERY expensive proposition.

For what it's worth, those who have seen the model say it is in fact a coaster, not a Journey, Indy, or Test Track style system.
Still, I am against it being an invert. You can't see around you in an invert, making show scenes pointless. Intamin's new trains, like on Xcelerator, are some of the best I've ridden, and would have great visibility. Here's Xcel's train:

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1574.htm?Picture=25

I dont think you will see something like Xcelerator at Disney..... Anyways the ride is short and overbanked for how short it is, Disney wouldn't make something so "extreme" but not extreme one trick ride...... :rolleyes:

WDWKing

ARRRGHH, If the rumors about Forbidden Mountain are true, than this along with Mission: Space are 2 new rides that will most likely make my family sick to their stomachs. Meaning I'll be the only one to enjoy it. :mad: :hurl:

Justin

Originally posted by WDWKing
ARRRGHH, If the rumors about Forbidden Mountain are true, than this along with Mission: Space are 2 new rides that will most likely make my family sick to their stomachs. Meaning I'll be the only one to enjoy it. :mad: :hurl:

Dont worry Disney attractions always seem to make family friendly, the only Disney attraction that makes me sick is Its a small world! whoah just looking at those evil dolls!!! DIE!!! :eek:
:hurl: :hurl: :hammer:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..................

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Justin
I dont think you will see something like Xcelerator at Disney..... Anyways the ride is short and overbanked for how short it is, Disney wouldn't make something so "extreme" but not extreme one trick ride...... :rolleyes:

Agreed, I was only using Xcel as an example of the trains that I think would work well for a show heavy coaster. I do love Xcel though!

Justin

Originally posted by Lee
Agreed, I was only using Xcel as an example of the trains that I think would work well for a show heavy coaster. I do love Xcel though!

Thats cool! i would like to get over to KBF and try Xcel sometime, I think thats what we'll be doing next summer along with the two Disney parks and Six Flags Magic Mountain (gotta keep the magic with us no matter where we go!) :sohappy:

Sorry to get off the subject I talked about this in another post but DCA is rumoured to get a RnR in a few years (probably after ToT is done) and i can imagine it having awesome trains, hopefully even as good as CP's new "top thrill dragster" trains have you seen them??

WDWKing

Originally posted by Justin
Dont worry Disney attractions always seem to make family friendly, the only Disney attraction that makes me sick is Its a small world! whoah just looking at those evil dolls!!! DIE!!! :eek:
:hurl: :hurl: :hammer:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..................

I hope so. :)

Goofster

A Journey to the Center of the Earth type ride is definitely not going to bring in the crowds like a coaster, Disney knows this, and Disney also knows how an inverted coaster does not make for an easily themed ride. You can only see to the sides, and that requires there be two of everything important storywise. But who knows, maybe Disney could make it work. Of course it'll be a coaster, and if it is inverted (which i doubt, but who knows) it will definitely not be 4 riders across.

Justin

Originally posted by Goofster
A Journey to the Center of the Earth type ride is definitely not going to bring in the crowds like a coaster, Disney knows this, and Disney also knows how an inverted coaster does not make for an easily themed ride. You can only see to the sides, and that requires there be two of everything important storywise. But who knows, maybe Disney could make it work. Of course it'll be a coaster, and if it is inverted (which i doubt, but who knows) it will definitely not be 4 riders across.

that depends on the manufactuer.

jwbeck3

They should use a flying coaster, but we all know the problems Disney and B&M have with each other (B&M doesn't like how Disney wants the coaster to go where they think is right, B&M just wants to design one themeselves and ahve Disney work around their design) and Disney wasn't happy with Vekoma's Flyer so I don't think that's a possibility either.

Justin

Originally posted by jwbeck3
They should use a flying coaster, but we all know the problems Disney and B&M have with each other (B&M doesn't like how Disney wants the coaster to go where they think is right, B&M just wants to design one themeselves and ahve Disney work around their design) and Disney wasn't happy with Vekoma's Flyer so I don't think that's a possibility either.

Dont forget about Intamin! Intamin was "(suppose)" to make the first flyer but the design was sold to Vekoma!

Remember anything can happen! :D
The relationship with Disney & Intamin is pretty strong, along with Cedar Fair if that matters....

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think a flyer is a possibility.
I know from experience that on a flyer, you are too concerned with hanging on to see any show. It's easily the weirdest coaster experience I've had.

ToTBellHop

This will not be a flier--way too extreme...and doesn't make for great show scenes. Recall that this ride is themed as a snow-capped mountain...It would not be logical to hang under the track--I am fairly certain that this will indeed be either a bobsled or a mine train ride--probably a mine train for increased capacity--you can do a lot more in terms of theming w/ a mine train, it's family friendly, yet a lot of fun--and then there is the idea off the old back-burner of having two tracks, one more family-oriented and one more intense.

Justin

Originally posted by DogsRule!
This will not be a flier--way too extreme...and doesn't make for great show scenes. Recall that this ride is themed as a snow-capped mountain...It would not be logical to hang under the track--I am fairly certain that this will indeed be either a bobsled or a mine train ride--probably a mine train for increased capacity--you can do a lot more in terms of theming w/ a mine train, it's family friendly, yet a lot of fun--and then there is the idea off the old back-burner of having two tracks, one more family-oriented and one more intense.

Thats a possibilty Kyle, Mack Bobsleds would run great with that the only problem is bobsled coasters have major problems.

A flyer being too extreme is allitle wrong too, look at Air everyone calls it the "Family style flying coaster" and S:UF would have been incredibley boring if it didn't have the Pretzel Knott loop, but i see where your coming from. Maybe it could be themed as a hang glider around a snow capped mountain though. there are several possibilties and some to be unsure of.

WDWFREAK53

but what about a "snowmobile" attraction...or how about...a "dogsled" ride...ya never know :) This is supposed to be a snowcapped peak correct?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
but what about a "snowmobile" attraction...or how about...a "dogsled" ride...ya never know :) This is supposed to be a snowcapped peak correct?

I would absolutely LOVE disney if they somehow incorporated wolves into this attraction (real ones)...my favorite animal:) As for flyers--disney does not work with B&M--it would be a Vekoma flyer--the Vekoma flyer I rode was pretty intense...regardless, I would LOVE a dog sled ride...

WDWFREAK53

***DISCLAIMER***

This is just a joke...

I think they could do a "Rudolph" scene...with the Bumble and Yukon Cornelius...and the "happy ending" could be the bumble putting a star on the Tree of Life :) (Hermie would have to pull his teeth first)

Justin

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
***DISCLAIMER***

This is just a joke...

I think they could do a "Rudolph" scene...with the Bumble and Yukon Cornelius...and the "happy ending" could be the bumble putting a star on the Tree of Life :) (Hermie would have to pull his teeth first)

:lol: :lol: :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom