Forbidden Mountain

pyschotropic

Original Poster
I beleive this attraction will be very similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo Disney Sea's. The Mountain
is claimed to base most of the ride inside, unlike the Matterhorn which mostly weaves in and out of it's structure. Take a look at the Journey to the center of the Earth video which you can find at the address below, and you might see what im talking about!

http://209.15.142.108/index2.shtml

WDWspider

Originally posted by GaryT977
(Serious thread drift...)

Did you check out the movie for the Sinbad ride in Tokyo? That animatronics are AMAZING! :D

I'm glad you did this, cause I was dying to ask... why is there a Sinbad ride... especially one done so well? Is Sinbad huge in Japan? How does he relate to Disney... seems Universal has more to do with Sinbad.

GaryT977

(Another thread drift...)

OK - I just watched the 'Pooh's Hunny Hunt' movie. I thought it was just like the Pooh ride at WDW until they got to the 'Tigger' scene and the walls and ride vehicles started bouncing up and down! BRILLIANT! (although hearing Pooh's voice in Japanese was a little disconcerting)

And the whole nightmare sequence was amazing. It looks like DisneySeas has some amazing stuff.

Justin

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Forbidden Mountain is rumored to be a coaster.

I have heard alot of things on this. And yes said to be a coaster is the right rumour.

From what i hear about 80% of the rumours are being a coaster at AK, and that wouldn't hurt doing that Disney needs a top thrill in that park to keep guests coming.
Even if its not a "family fit" style, they would need something new into that park thrill or non thrill.

I have heard from someone that this could be an Intamin invert.
But from what the looks of that Journey to the Center of Earth; It looks pretty tight and the drop at the end looks amazing! :sohappy:

Lee

Adventurer
"I have heard from someone that this could be an Intamin invert. "

An Intamin invert? I don't believe I've seen one of those. Can you name one? Intamin coasters sometimes invert, but I am not familiar with an Intamin inverted coaster. Just wondering.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
"I have heard from someone that this could be an Intamin invert. "

An Intamin invert? I don't believe I've seen one of those. Can you name one? Intamin coasters sometimes invert, but I am not familiar with an Intamin inverted coaster. Just wondering.

Volcano--The Blast Coaster is an Intamin inverted coaster--I suppose it's a possibility, but I'm not sure how it would fit in with a ride through the Himalayas--I'm thinking this will be a very high tech, much larger reincarnation of the Matterhorn...I personally think it would be nifty to have a bobsled ride that used LIMs, starting off at the TTA speed with a tour of Himalayan animals (assuming Disney could get them)...you know, to see them up and close (this is an animal themed park, no?) as you approach the mountain, before the coaster begins...and then they could finally start to tie some mythological animals into this park (who knows, they could even have a dragon in there...). A lot of good things could come of this project, as it has a healthy preliminary budget (over $100,000,000)

Lee

Adventurer
Volcano--The Blast Coaster is an Intamin inverted coaster

Good call. I forgot Volcano.
I'm doubtful about Forbidden Mtn. being an invert. It limits the show visibility too much. Intamin's Giga and Rocket trains would be great though, with thier tiered seating.

Justin

Volcano--The Blast Coaster is an Intamin inverted coaster--I suppose it's a possibility, but I'm not sure how it would fit in with a ride through the Himalayas--I'm thinking this will be a very high tech, much larger reincarnation of the Matterhorn...I personally think it would be nifty to have a bobsled ride that used LIMs, starting off at the TTA speed with a tour of Himalayan animals (assuming Disney could get them)...you know, to see them up and close (this is an animal themed park, no?) as you approach the mountain, before the coaster begins...and then they could finally start to tie some mythological animals into this park (who knows, they could even have a dragon in there...). A lot of good things could come of this project, as it has a healthy preliminary budget (over $100,000,000)

Dont forget about The Tornados. Intamn made such as the Intamin SLC tornado style which is more of a tamer style inverted coaster. That would be more "family friendly'' than something like volcano.

http://rcdb.com/installationdetail1076.htm

http://rcdb.com/installationdetail1101.htm

That mgiht be right if you can fit it into some kind of theming around Forbidden Mountain as a Dragon Escape coaster of some sort. The ride would fit in perfect, the Intamin SLC's go no faster than 50mph, Which is slower than RnRc, And have a lesser g'force than RnRc. Pretty tame and just a regular looping coaster with a twist of being inverted.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Justin
Dont forget about The Tornados. Intamn made such as the Intamin SLC tornado style which is more of a tamer style inverted coaster. That would be more "family friendly'' than something like volcano.

http://rcdb.com/installationdetail1076.htm

http://rcdb.com/installationdetail1101.htm

That mgiht be right if you can fit it into some kind of theming around Forbidden Mountain as a Dragon Escape coaster of some sort. The ride would fit in perfect, the Intamin SLC's go no faster than 50mph, Which is slower than RnRc, And have a lesser g'force than RnRc. Pretty tame and just a regular looping coaster with a twist of being inverted.

I think that if Disney was to put in a coaster...they would NOT go tame...if it's a coaster...it'll be a COASTER...if it's a family attraction...it will not be a tame coaster. For some reason though...I really don't see a "coaster" going into AK yet...not until a "groundbreaking" attraction is in place and puts AK on the map as a "fullday" and "must see" park before a "cheap thrill" would be put in (oops...I guess DinoRama doesn't count hehe).

(And before anyone jumps on me...I know that a coaster doesn't necessarily need to be a "cheap thrill" but I'd rather a thrill like TT or Journey (TDS) or ToT than a thrill like RnR (which is a good attraction...but it's another coaster...themed)

Plus....DAK just got a coaster...

WDWspider

I think the Journey to the Center of the Earth could be a good possiblity for Forbidden Mountain. I hope it's longer than that though. Still, it looks like a neat ride.

ToTBellHop

You forget that Disney would never pay for a DisneySea style attraction--FAR too expensive; we would get a scaled back version; I'd rather have something groundbreaking (which Disney could do w/ a coaster). This project has a preliminary budget of $120,000,000, which would go a LOT further with a coaster than a Journey-style attraction.

WDWFREAK53

You forget that Disney would never pay for a DisneySea style attraction--FAR too expensive; we would get a scaled back version; I'd rather have something groundbreaking (which Disney could do w/ a coaster). This project has a preliminary budget of $120,000,000, which would go a LOT further with a coaster than a Journey-style attraction.

Just curious...what did Journey have for a budget? Just curious because I thought that TT had a budget of 60M...(and if I'm not mistaken...isn't it the same ride technology?) I'm not proving a point or you wrong...I'm just curious...because 60M seems like a pretty hefty chunk of change for theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom