Forbidden Journey Breaks Down

SleepingMonk

:hammer:

Before I head over to Disney to ride that new Potter coaster I think I'll stop off at Burger King and get a BigMac then take my Chevy Mustang by the mall to pick up some Reebok Air Jordans!

hiddenMICKEY815

Ok, cool. Thanks. I've been on the mummy and spiderman rides. So, I can relate a little bit. I wish November was tomorrow, so I can go some rides. It sucks living in the arctic of MN and not near these parks.

Nooo what sucks is being a northerner VISITING florida when its 35478957895497 degrees out.....ok so it was only 35478957895496....It'll be much more enjoyable in November...:lookaroun

M.rudolf

Breakdowns

After being @ universal for a week now the two times I rode FJ were both after breakdowns the first Monday was a 2 hour breakdown were they issued passes so we could come back and ride @ a later time. Today while in line it had 3 30 minute breakdowns. The queue was the best I've ever been in,the ride itself seems unpolished Some scenes don't add up cheaply done the deatheaters are horrible the film portions are really grainy.the attraction seems half baked like they ran out of money 3/4 of the way through 2 steps shy of greatness

BigThunderMatt

After being @ universal for a week now the two times I rode FJ were both after breakdowns the first Monday was a 2 hour breakdown were they issued passes so we could come back and ride @ a later time. Today while in line it had 3 30 minute breakdowns. The queue was the best I've ever been in,the ride itself seems unpolished Some scenes don't add up cheaply done the deatheaters are horrible the film portions are really grainy.the attraction seems half baked like they ran out of money 3/4 of the way through 2 steps shy of greatness

Well clearly you can appreciate it as a Harry Potter fan since you know the immediate difference between a Death Eater (not featured in the ride at all) and a Dementor (which are featured in the ride and are referred to by name during their first appearance at the Quidditch Match scene).

YETI27

Nooo what sucks is being a northerner VISITING florida when its 35478957895497 degrees out.....ok so it was only 35478957895496....It'll be much more enjoyable in November...:lookaroun
It's just as hot here in South Jersey as it is in Fla. during the summer months. I'd much rather be in the sunshine state any day.

NutsForFlorida

I usually go to Florida any where between April and June. So, November will be a first for me down there. I've talked to some people that live down there and said that it's about mid 70's each day. I'm not complaining since it'll be 0 degrees in MN at that time.

Imagineer6

I heard that Universal is going to close it to renovate. And that this time they will actually think about the guests. Not very likely.

M.rudolf

Well clearly you can appreciate it as a Harry Potter fan since you know the immediate difference between a Death Eater (not featured in the ride at all) and a Dementor (which are featured in the ride and are referred to by name during their first appearance at the Quidditch Match scene).
Bigthunder:I didn't know I would be having a potter quiz.It still stands that a ride that has more money spent on the queue than the actual ride is stupid.They could have postponed the opening till they thoroughly tested it.

Pete C

Bigthunder:I didn't know I would be having a potter quiz.It still stands that a ride that has more money spent on the queue than the actual ride is stupid.They could have postponed the opening till they thoroughly tested it.

The ride system is way more expensive than the queue...no idea where you got that info.

fosse76

I still doubt the hour story. It took us 30min to get off.:shrug:

Towards the end of my time at Six Flags, I transferred to the operations office where I logged all ride downtimes, coordinated maintenance dispatches to rides and tracked park attendance and weather. Some woman manged to get the number of the operations manager, but he was out in the park so she was transferred to me. She was furious on how she had been trapped on a ride for an hour and was promised an exit admission pass by the supervisor and didn't receive one. The second the ride malfunctioned, the crew called the office (me) and I logged the time and dispatched maintenance. It was down all of 5 MINUTES! But this woman would not give up! Finally my supervisor told me to hang up on her as she jeaopardizing the safety of the park's guest by tying up the line.

People misjudge time frequently. 5 minutes can feel like 20. But still, these guests at Universal CLEARLY OVERREACTED. If there really was problem, do they really think the ride operators are just siiting there staring at the wall?

mbisenius

What does that even mean?

300 lb guests? 400....500......we gonna push for a full ton or what?

Although I have no idea what the previous person meant, I don't believe it was in reference to the weight of guests. To quote the Universal Guest Relations member that I spoke with, Universal "does not publish specific weight limitations because a guest's ability to ride is based on body proportions".....as was the case with my husband who mysteriously didn't fit on FJ in the afternoon after riding that morning.

Also, I love there's rumors of a renovation already....very funny!

AndyMagic

There are no AAs in the attraction. There are some animated props, and some animated figures, but nothing along the likes of proper AAs that we see at Disney (such as Hopper, Stitch, Captain Jack, Spaceship Earth etc).

There ARE "AA's" on the ride. There just aren't "AAs" in the very very very very strict sense you are apparently ascribing to the word. You are the only reviewer (both professional or otherwise) who keep saying there are just "animated figures" and that what is there isn't impressive. I assure you, the dragon on this ride is more advanced and complicated than pretty much any figure in Spaceship Earth and most of the figures in Pirates (with the exception of the new Jack Sparrows) Just drop it. The figures in Peter Pan are "animated figures." The dragon head and the Whomping Willow in this ride are most certainly in the category of what we today consider to be AAs. Sorry, you've been spouting this nonsense for over a month now. It doesn't have to be the wicked witch of the west to be considered an AA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom