For transportation..can you beat the Value Resorts?

amykissangel

Original Poster
Besides GF, Contemporary, and the Poly, I was wondering about transportation at other resorts. I hear POP only has one stop, and the AllStars usually only stop at all three resorts when the parks are closing, not GETTING to the parks.

At all of the moderates (besides Coronado Springs), I have been told that the busses stop EVERYWHERE before you hit the parks. At Boardwalk, BC, YC, etc...I hear the boat is really nice but takes about as long as a bus...AND you stop at Swan, Dolphin, etc.

Now I DO realize you can walk to Epcot from many of these, but other than the walks, what hotels have the best transportation to the parks? I've always wondered....thanks!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Uh? Who told you about the moderates? They are wrong!

At the CBR each village has a stop. There is an internal shuttle, and the routes to each destination - which are separate. You want Epcot? Get the bus that says Epcot, and that`s all it goes to.

mhead

It has been my experience at the all-stars that they stop at all three resorts going and coming unless the bus is so packed after one stop they could not squeeze another body on.

papa-d

As far as the moderates go, it depends on how crowded the stops are. I've stayed at CBR in the past (Feb 2006) and if there weren't that many people going to that destination, we would swing by Boardwalk. I would think though that it depends on if another route was having problems. If you sit close to the front of the busses, you can hear a lot of chatter between the driver and dispatch.

bhg469

I remember cbr being alot more crowded to go to and leave the parks, often we would stand coronado has the bet transportation hands down out of any resort. That is the god's honest truth. sometimes they do detour to blizzard beach on the way to AK but thats it.

papa-d

I think that if everything is running smoothly, the bus you get on at your resort goes to one place, and then comes back. The scenario I stated could have been because of a mechanical problem with a bus at Boardwalk. I don't have any clue as to why we went there. But again, in a perfect schedule, a bus that picks you up at CBR to go to Epcot, goes to Epcot, and then right back to CBR. And I would think that would go for deluxe, moderates, value, all Disney resorts.

papa-d

Regarding Coronado Springs, correct me if I'm wrong, but if your bus stop is at the first depot, it seems like forever before you actually leave the grounds of the resort. That place is huge.

bhg469

the first stop is usually always stop 2, unless you are on a downtown disney bus. but i have never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus there and had never had any transportation issues.

goofyfamily

When we stayed at POR there were many stops within itself and it was very spread out to the buses. At Pop we had no trouble and at Sports it was no trouble if it is slow they will stop at Music but when busy only SPorts

the-reason14

Well last year while we stayed at Caribbean Beach, depending on the section of the resort you are in, you either will stop at several other sections or leave right away and go to the park. If you leave right away to go to the park, then you'll more than likely be standing, seeing that that was the last stop in the whole resort. I didnt like that, but we were in like the second to third stop, so depending on the time of day we never stood.

Also, this may be off topic a bit but, on my last trip in march, my dad and I stayed at Pop half century, and when we were leaving the MK to go back, a different type of bus as opposed to the disney transport picked us up. We were like, "Whats up wit that." Does anyone know if they still do this, or have had it happened to them. It was a nice comfortable bus that had no standing room, it just felt weird riding it almost as if, we werent going to end up at a disney hotel.

Ivan72

When we were staying at CBR, we asked for the Barbados section. We always had good success there. Not much standing, but you did ride thru part of the resort.

We stay at AKL a lot now and we like the bus service for the most part. Although I hate when people come up at the last second when the bus appears and try to slide in ahead of the people who have been patiently and calmly waiting. But that problem can happen at all resorts, not just AKL.

CatLady

the-reason14 said:
Also, this may be off topic a bit but, on my last trip in march, my dad and I stayed at Pop half century, and when we were leaving the MK to go back, a different type of bus as opposed to the disney transport picked us up. We were like, "Whats up wit that." Does anyone know if they still do this, or have had it happened to them. It was a nice comfortable bus that had no standing room, it just felt weird riding it almost as if, we werent going to end up at a disney hotel.

During very busy seasons in the busiest time of day (like after the fireworks during spring break) I have seen the Disney Cruise Lines buses used as transportation. Was it one of those? They're comfy.

seabelis

When i stayed at AS Movies, we always had a dedicated bus. I think the other two all stars shared a bus. That was in January 05, so not during peak season. I was very satisfied with the transportation service. I'll find out how AS music compars this september!

amykissangel

Original Poster
I knew about the All Stars...we've NEVER had problems there. We're always at Music and rarely (if ever) have ever stopped at Movie on the way to the parks in the morning. And since they would've already stopped at Sports, we didn't have to stop there.

But what about the Deluxe resorts? I've heard about AKL, and I know about GF, Poly and Contemp. The others?:)

sbkline

amykissangel said:
Besides GF, Contemporary, and the Poly, I was wondering about transportation at other resorts. I hear POP only has one stop, and the AllStars usually only stop at all three resorts when the parks are closing, not GETTING to the parks.

At all of the moderates (besides Coronado Springs), I have been told that the busses stop EVERYWHERE before you hit the parks.

We're planning on staying at Port Orleans Riverside next year. Based on what you said, I wonder if it would be better to drive our own car to the parks, rather than wait forever on the buses.

On the other hand, since we are staying almost a full week, as opposed to off property with only 4 day passes (like our previous vacations), we may have more time to spare without being in such a hurry...especially with the extra magic hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom