For those who drive to WDW or rent a car how often do you go off site?

Do you drive to WDW and stay on site?

• 1. Drive off site 0

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • 2. Drive off site 1-2 times

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • 3. Drive off site 3-4 times

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • 4. Drive off site >4 times

Votes: 23 14.5%

• Total voters

yaksplat

I almost drove off site to hit publix for breakfast food, but instead i used instaCart. The food was delivered faster than i could have driven from the poly to publix, shopped and driven back. The car just sat all week.

note2001

We always fly, and rent a car more often than not these days. DVC, so we're staying on Disney property most of the time. When I have a car available we will always go offsite at least once for grocery shopping and once more for entertainment: try as I might I still cannot find Gringotts on Disney property.

StarWarsGirl

We rarely drive, but the few times that we have after having been in South Carolina, we haven't left property. We get a Studio, so unlike when we're in Hilton Head or Aulani, we don't do a ton of groceries. Whether we drive or fly, we pack non-perishables and buy the rest in the gift shop (20% AP discount makes it less painful to get milk and such). We don't usually take the car around property either except to the water parks, Disney Springs, or Animal Kingdom.

I don't see the need to rent a car either these days with Lyft and Uber being around (and being far cheaper...)

StarshipDisney

We are 6-hours driving distance to Disney so would simply never want to fly. I hate the new parking fees but flying would still cost more. But if I am going to Disney, I will stay at Disney because it has more than enough to cover a full week trip.

If I were going off site, I would never pay for a Disney Resort. I would stay the Portofino Bay hotel at Universal as it is very nice and much cheaper. Stayed there before and drove to Disney at least one day each trip.

The_Jobu

Always drive, even though its a 20 hour trip. It just saves so much money vs flying and renting for us. And we'd have to rent because we go off-site to all kinds of parts of Florida.

D M C

We have a 12 hour drive and will drive next week. Been trying to find a good price for a rental, no luck. Don't want to put the miles on my car but will have to. Will be a 14 day trip with the beach and Disney. I will just ignore the miles and have a good trip.Will be flying in Dec.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom