For those that have been to DL and WDW?

TP2000

My point was just that THEORETICALLY, Disney World should have two times as many E-ticket attractions as Disneyland, since they have twice as many parks.

This came up in another thread recently, and it's kind of scary for WDW right now. :eek:

Disneyland Resort has just embarked on a four year plan to add five new attractions to California Adventure, in addition to remaking and retheming two big sections of the park and a half dozen existing rides that are already there, plus new parades and revamped night entertainment coming to Disneyland in 2009 and 2010.

Two of the new California Adventure rides are E Tickets (Mermaid and Cars Racers), two are C Tickets (Luigi's Flyin' Tires and Tow Mater's Jamboree), and one is a B Ticket (Red Car Trolley system). These attractions open in stages during 2011 and 2012. The rethemed stuff and the new lagoon show open in stages from April, 2009 to 2010.

WDW needs to embark on a crash course of building new rides at all four of its parks immediately before Disneyland Resort passes it by in the ride/attraction count early in the next decade. There should be new E Tickets being built in Magic Kingdom, DHS and Epcot right now. There should be several new C Tickets being built in the Magic Kingdom right now. And there should be some major new parades and night spectaculars coming for Magic Kingdom and Epcot right now.

WDW needs to:
  • Refresh the Magic Kingdom attractions in nearly all five lands and refresh the major entertainment offered in that park.
  • Bolster the pavilion count at Epcot and refresh the lagoon show.
  • Add E Ticket ride capacity at both DHS and DAK.

Tokyo Disneyland Park doesn't have as many rides as Disneyland USA, but I would imagine with their fully fleshed out DisneySea park their Resort total would be nearing the Anaheim territory of number of rides. That would make Tokyo Disney Resort yet another two-park Disney Resort that is nearing the total number of rides that WDW has in all four of its parks.

imagineer boy

The "smog" crack made me laugh. It's not 1974 anymore and Johnny Carson doesn't tell smog jokes. No one tells smog jokes because the smog went away 15 years ago. I remember the Smog Alert days as a child in SoCal. We haven't had one since the early 1990's, and the air just keeps getting clearer and clearer. Someone is pulling your leg if they tell you their "eyes burn" in SoCal due to smog. That's simply not happening anymore. Disco is dead and smog died with it.

Are you kidding? I could barely see any of the down town buildings when we were right next to it on the highway.

scarpiapiano

I'll also add that the my favorite attractions at DLR that WDW doesn't have are the Indy ride, the Roger Rabbit ride, the Matterhorn, and the classics: Mr. Toad and original Tiki Birds. Screamin' is pretty cool too.

I agree with all of your assestments and would also add the Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Storybookland Canal Boat rides to the list of "only at DL" minor attractions. Though they may be minor attractions, I think each one is absolutely charming. Most of my relatives live out west. They've grown up around Disneyland. When they go to WDW they only have a few days and I tell them to skip Magic Kingdom and make sure to visit Epcot, AK, and DHL. Invariably they skip one or two of the parks I tell them to go to opting to visit MK. Invarialby they're disappointed.

TP2000

Are you kidding? I could barely see any of the down town buildings when we were right next to it on the highway.

No one will pretend that the air in Los Angeles is pristinely clear and pure like the Garden of Eden. But if you are talking about the "smog" that became infamous during the 1940's and 50's, and continued into the 60's and 70's, before beginning its gradual decrease in the 1980's, then that smog is largely gone now. It just doesn't exist. Southern California has not had a Smog Alert day in over 15 years. Do you even know what a Smog Alert day was? Have you ever experienced 1975 style smog that made your lungs ache and eyes water? It wasn't fun. But no one does the Funky Chicken anymore, and Smog Alert days no longer exist.

High ozone and hazy air does still exist in Los Angeles today, just as it does to varying degrees in all urban areas around the globe. The worst smog problems in America today are often found in Dallas and Houston, with lesser problems due to temperature inversions around Chicago, Seattle, or Atlanta. Knoxville, Charlotte and Nashville, of all places, struggle with bad air today. None of those cities have imposed the tough clean-air standards on their automobiles and industry that California did in the 1970's, and those Southeast and Midwest cities are paying a price for that in the 21st century. Birmingham, Alabama has worse air quality today than San Diego does! Do your eyes sting in Birmingham? Here's an interesting graphic showing that high levels of ozone exists in the great basin of Los Angeles, as well as in your own home town of St. Louis.

http://www.cira.colostate.edu/files/Rodriguez/rodriguez.JPG

If you couldn't see skyscrapers in downtown LA from the Harbor Freeway, perhaps this was due to beach fog, haze, or low clouds? Fog, haze and clouds all existed 200 years ago when only the Indians inhabited Los Angeles. And since it is a coastal basin with tall mountains surrounding it, those weather phenomena exist regularly regardless of how much pollutants are in the air.

But to use the word "smog" in a sentence in the year 2008 is just laughable. It's just not something people say anymore, and it's really only something tourists think still exists. Johnny Carson went off the air 15 years ago, and the 1970's smog jokes went with him. :wave:

Nevermind the fact that Disneyland is a 45 minute drive without traffic at 70 MPH from downtown Los Angeles. :lol:

Sassagoula-Rvr

I would think of a choclate malt as the same thing you did!!! I didnt mind the walk the first few times, after that though I just kinda wanted to get to where I was going. Then again I was hitting the hotel a lot on that particular trip as I had events going on there that most people didnt Sadly Fantasmic in DL was down when I was there as well!!!! Belle

It was disgusting, my stomach felt so bad for the rest of the afternoon

TP2000

It was disgusting, my stomach felt so bad for the rest of the afternoon

What is odd is that Haagen-Dazs location in Anaheim's Downtown Disney is the highest grossing location in the entire American chain. You would think they would know what a chocolate malt was! :confused:

Sassagoula-Rvr

I wonder if it is a regional thing? Belle

Unless they just forgot to put Ice cream in but that seems like a pretty big thing to forget considering you are an ice cream chain. And it was literally the consistency of a protein shake. It was bad, but I didn't go back because I had already walked a ways and wasn't sure if maybe I had the wrong idea since I only get them from my local ice cream shop.

wannabeBelle

Unless they just forgot to put Ice cream in but that seems like a pretty big thing to forget considering you are an ice cream chain. And it was literally the consistency of a protein shake. It was bad, but I didn't go back because I had already walked a ways and wasn't sure if maybe I had the wrong idea since I only get them from my local ice cream shop.

:shrug::shrug: I Am right there with you on this one!!! I dunno, I guess we will have to stick to malts from the tried and true places. I personally am a fan of black and white shakes!!!! Awesome. The Sci Fi has a nice spin on their shakes that make them adult in nature!!! I am partial to the Space Monkey with a black and white shake instead of all chocolate, which they are always willing to do for me!!!!! Belle

Sassagoula-Rvr

:shrug::shrug: I Am right there with you on this one!!! I dunno, I guess we will have to stick to malts from the tried and true places. I personally am a fan of black and white shakes!!!! Awesome. The Sci Fi has a nice spin on their shakes that make them adult in nature!!! I am partial to the Space Monkey with a black and white shake instead of all chocolate, which they are always willing to do for me!!!!! Belle

Never had a shake at Sci-Fi. I'll have to try it next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom