Trip Report For The LAST Time In Forever - September 2021 TR

Welcome! Hopefully you followed along with my PTR here, but if not - I will go into the full introductions!

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Who: Me (of course)! Annie. Mainer and mom to be, along with my husband Ian (the dad to be)!

1633550707123.png

When: September 24th - October 2nd, 2021

Where: Pop Century Resort (first time! also, Ian's first time not at a deluxe...)

2.jpg

Why: WHY NOT? But actually.. for our babymoon 😍

I am going to jump right into Day 1, because I have 20 minutes of work left to kill time so.. LET'S GO!!

Day 1: September 24th

The start of this trip was a bit... rough. Our pup, Gus, was sick the entire week before we left. I mean, mess of the house and carpet every time we had to leave him to go to work kind of sick. Poor Gus and poor us. I had him at the vet up until the day before we left where he finally started showing improvement. The guy has a delicate stomach, what can I say?! I also felt better knowing my parents were the ones caring for him while we were gone.

3.jpg

We woke up at 3 AM on Friday the 24th (yuck) to get picked up by my mom to head to the airport in Boston. We always put our Magic Bands on first thing in the morning to start the trip off on a good note!

4.jpg

5.jpg

We live in Maine, but typically find much better and cheaper flights out of Boston (which is only about an hour and a half away). Before long my mom had her car loaded up with our suitcases and we were on our way!

We had an uneventful ride to the airport. Our flight was scheduled to board at 7 AM and we pulled up at 530..............

Only to then receive a text that our flight was completely cancelled, we couldn't rebook online or on the JetBlue app, and to see an agent at the airport. UM. OKAY? My mom and Ian were both telling me not to panic (read: don't cry) but I was struggling.

My mom dropped us off with promises that she would come back for us if need be, and off we went inside... To the longest line I've seen at Logan Airport in YEARS. There was no option but to stand in the customer service line and wait to be assisted. Apparently there was a physical plane issue. As we were standing in line, Ian and I discovered that there was only one JetBlue flight to MCO remaining for the day and there were only a handful of seats. We couldn't find anything on United, Delta, American or even Spirit. I was freaking out. We had Boo Bash tickets for that evening that we were SO looking forward to. How were we going to make it?!

Well.. as I stood there hyperventilating in my mask and trying to stay calm for this growing baby in my belly, Ian had found ONE flight on Frontier for 10 AM that would get us to MCO in time. It was PRICEY. There was no telling what refund we would get from JetBlue. But he wanted us to make it and have the best babymoon and vacation together. So he bit the bullet. I wanted to cry. I love this guy so much. If this is how he spoils me, our daughter is a goner!!!!

Naturally, I have no photos of this time period. After an hour or so we made it to the desk, they told us we had been rebooked for the earliest next flight on JetBlue... 4 PM the next day. NO THANKS. We requested a refund and they told us it would only be given in airline credit. Whatever. My brother is getting married next October, I'm sure we will use it.

Time to navigate to the complete opposite side of the airport to Frontier..

And by that I mean the international terminal because Frontier doesn't actually have it's own area at Logan.

6.jpg

A rough start, but thank goodness this guy keeps a cool head and focuses on what he can control (I could learn a thing or two)

Nearly everyone in our line waiting for the Frontier desk had switched from the cancelled JetBlue flight and had intentions of making it to Disney that day. We were all sharing our grievances and feeling grateful for this flight. We eventually made it through the baggage steps, security and found the gate. Only to find the plane was delayed an hour. AHHHHHHH.

7.jpg

Just sitting there wondering if this babymoon would EVER happen.

Side note: a man traveling alone with his baby asked if I could watch his son for a second while he went to the bathroom. He was gone for probably 25 minutes. I told Ian that if he ever flies alone with baby girl I would LOSE MY MIND if he did this. I get that it is so difficult to travel alone with children, but there are family restrooms and handicap stalls in the airport I've seen them myself...

After what felt like eternity, we finally boarded around 11 AM. After being awake since 3 AM. Time to squeeze into the tiny folding chairs that make up Frontier flights.

8.jpg

Tight squeeze for a fluffy guy and a pregnant gal, but we were just happy to be boarded and on our way. Besides feeling SO squished, we survived the flight. I made sure to get up and move a couple times over the course of the 3 hours as well.

9.jpg

Just before 3 PM we made it to MCO! A quick fonorail ride and we started seeing signs that we were home

10.jpg

To be continued...

annienevells

Original Poster
Chicken tenders and desserts hit the spot!
22.jpg

23.jpg

My first time trying the famous tie-dye cheesecake and I was a big fan!

We were talking about how by the end of the day we would be awake for nearly 24 hours.. good thing our plan for the next day was to LAY LOW and do lots of relaxing.

We changed into our Boo Bash outfits and headed to the bus stop. Only to find an ENORMOUS line that would likely fill 3 buses. We quickly shifted gears and requested an Uber. Our drive arrived within 5 minutes and by 6:30 ish we arrived at MK to join the line for Boo Bash! We had fun checking out the costumes while waiting in line and soon enough we were entering the park for the first time since February of 2020. I was a bit emotional!

29.jpg

Wristbands secured!

27.jpg

I wanted a pumpkin Main St picture before it got dark so we hopped in line. It was just barely 7 PM.

34.jpg

I ended up with some cute Halloween Disney shirts from Amazon instead of a costume because I knew after a day of traveling I would want to be as comfortable as possible. They were fun shirts and I WAS comfortable - win win!

28.jpg

After taking a few PP photos, we headed toward Tomorrowland and spotted our first 50th statue

30.jpg

Stitch!

We were hoping to take a ride on the Peoplemover before HEA, but it was down.. oh well! Let's take a spin on Buzz with only a 10 minute wait.

32.jpg

31.jpg

I was the triumphant winner!

By the time we were done, it was 8 PM. Time to try to quickly snag a fireworks viewing spot. We knew it wouldn't be our ideal spot at the last minute, but we knew we had another opportunity for HEA later in the week.

We popped into the hub and settled in

33.jpg

erstwo

I love this guy so much. If this is how he spoils me, our daughter is a goner!!!!
I always tell my daughter.... please don't ask your father for a Porsche (or insert your favorite fancy car here). Because he'd get it for her. 😂
Naturally, I have no photos of this time period. After an hour or so we made it to the desk, they told us we had been rebooked for the earliest next flight on JetBlue... 4 PM the next day. NO THANKS. We requested a refund and they told us it would only be given in airline credit. Whatever. My brother is getting married next October, I'm sure we will use it.
I too thought DoT rules were if the flight is outright canceled they have to at least offer you a refund. They can also offer you a credit, but they can't refuse you a refund for a canceled flight? Maybe I'm wrong.....
Glad you figured it all out and got down there in time for boo bash!

annienevells

Original Poster
Spot secured, it was time for HEA!

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

I didn't take TOO many photos, as I just wanted to enjoy it after going so long without and with it ending in less than a week from that day.

I cried. Ian's eyes got misty. We loved it as always.

HEA concluded, it was time to move away from the busy hub area. Boo Bash did not start until 9, so we just slowly made our way here

39.jpg

Hey! 25 minutes will put us right at 9 PM and the start of the after hours, let's go!

It was certainly not a 25 minute wait either

40.jpg

We made it on the ride quickly, about a minute or two in we halted. And the music turned off. And we received constant reminders to remain seated. For nearly 20 minutes. YIKES

But.. we eventually got back on track

43.jpg

Ian looks legitimately afraid hah!

Once we exited, we were ready for our first round of included drinks and treats

We both chugged some waters to stay hydrated and snagged Mickey ice cream sandwiches

41.jpg

These lines were pretty long, but moved very quickly!

Where to next?

42.jpg

We LOVE Pirates. The smell, the song, everything. It constantly climbs us our list of favorites. Walked right on!

45.jpg

On to the next! I took a little break with water while Ian rode Splash, and ended up VERY wet

46.jpg

His mask was SOAKED

annienevells

Original Poster
How to dry off after Splash? Time for him to go on the wildest ride in the wilderness! I think this was one of the only times I was sad to miss out. We always so enjoy riding this together.

I took some photos and grabbed more included snacks during his quick wait and ride

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

He told me after that it was much more fun when I'm with him. DUH

Time to head out of Frontierland, but first - some friends!

50.jpg

We decided it was time to take a spin through Fantasyland. Everything was a 5 minute wait except for Peter Pan (about 25 minutes), so we decided to Rope Drop Peter Pan on another MK day.

Time for IASW!
51.jpg

Y'all... this family, the only other family on the ride and our boat, ruined this a bit for me. It was a mom and dad, probably in their late 40s and their teenage daughters sitting in front of us. The parents were WASTED and clearly drinking wine out of their water bottles. They were so loud and obnoxious. It really bothered me. Go get drunk at EPCOT like a normal person!!!

Anyways..

Time for a spin. Actually. I told Ian.. please don't spin the pregnant lady LOL

52.jpg

He kindly obliged.

Finally it was time for our Peoplemover ride! We could do this all night
53.jpg

54.jpg

After our relaxing spin, it was time for a rematch on Buzz

55.jpg

... and I lost this round! I blamed it on getting tired!

I convinced Ian to take a ride on Space Mountain while I had my third ice cream of the night 😆

He headed off while I first found a restroom, and he was on and off the ride before I could even have my ice cream! Perfect, take a picture of me then!

56.jpg

annienevells

Original Poster
We knew that we would NOT want to ride Speedway during the day in the heat, so we tackled that next

57.jpg

Ian insisted on riding behind me because he was so nervous someone would bump me. I thought that was low risk but appreciate him looking out for me and baby

Now, how should we end this awesome night?

58.jpg

We actually rode twice as they ran it one last time before midnight after our first ride.

Time to head out of the park

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

We really enjoyed our time at Boo Bash. We were already big After Hours fans and always do them when possible on our trips. We like the short lines and being able to experience everything at night without the blazing sun. The park was much busier than non-themed After Hours, but it did seem like most people were waiting for cavalcades and getting treats while we focused on rides. Everything was a walk on (besides Peter Pan and Mine Train which wasn't an option for me anyway).

We always say that if they offered After Hours every night at every park, that is how we would do our entire trip!

To end the night we got to the Pop bus stop and I almost started crying. There were easily 200 people in line. Ian and I, without words, turned on our heels and started walking toward the Contemporary and requested an Uber which arrived quickly. Once back at Pop we CRASHED. We had officially been awake for 22 straight hours.

And for the next day? RELAXATION.

Stay tuned..

Sbk1234

Great that you got to utilize Magical Express one last time. I love how you refer to WDW as "The Bubble." It certainly is, isn't it?
We're also of like minds in that I'm not a coffee drinker, but I LOVE my soda!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Love your report so far (minus the airport headache that is) ! So excited to see the story behind the wonderful pics you posted on IG.

Also, I don't think you need to worry about Ian having someone else watch your daughter-- he obviously is too protective and caring to even think of it.

annienevells

Original Poster
Day Two: Saturday, September 25th

I had big dreams of sleeping in late after getting in bed at 2 AM, but baby had other plans for me. I am no longer able to sleep late, but I guess it's good preparation for when she is actually here!

I tried to lay in bed and relax for as long as possible, scrolling social media and my guilty pleasure.. Tik Tok. Funny - while I was in WDW I was served up TONS of videos related to Disney but I do not get them as frequently in my algorithm at home.

Ian was sound asleep, and I was just a little bit jealous.

I finally decided to get up and put on my bathing suit and get ready for my relaxing day around 8:30. I decided I wanted to explore the resort and different decade areas, and then mobile order us some breakfast until the pool area opened at 10 AM (all while Ian continued to snooze)

68.jpg

I think the walls at Pop are super cute. Had to grab a very sleepy looking selfie on my way through

69.jpg

I just took my time walking around and taking photos of basically everything I saw

70.jpg

72.jpg

After a bit of exploring, I was ready to eat. I put in a mobile order and made my way to Everything Pop! I did some browsing while I waited for our food

75.jpg

I always WANT Disney merch like this for home, but NEVER have room in my luggage

Oh well, time for food! A picture for the 'gram on the way back to the room

76.jpg

I got Mickey waffles with bacon and sausage for both Ian and myself. I woke him up and he was grateful for some food but still super sleepy. We ate our breakfast together, and then I headed out to the pool. He planned to sleep for another hour or so before showering and joining me at the Hippy Dippy pool!

Ahhhh ... this is what I REALLY needed

77.jpg

I settled in with my book and enjoyed the sunshine. At some point I decided that I wanted a mocktail of some sort, and ended up with a yummy smoothie

79.jpg

Pretty soon Ian joined me and we spent the next couple of hours in the pool, relaxing and chatting and just enjoying being on vacation!
78.jpg

80.jpg

(suns out, bumps out?)

To be continued..

amjt660

Premium Member
1634138208982.png

Loving the report so far - the last pic with you in the lounger is awesome - I can see the stress melting away as you soak up the sun!!

Quick question about the pumpkin - what is the significance of the letter C
50 years in Roman numerals would be an L so I know it is not that (C is 100)

Max

annienevells

Original Poster
View attachment 593240

Loving the report so far - the last pic with you in the lounger is awesome - I can see the stress melting away as you soak up the sun!!

Quick question about the pumpkin - what is the significance of the letter C
50 years in Roman numerals would be an L so I know it is not that (C is 100)

Max

Thanks Max! My assumption was for Cinderella, as the pumpkin is actually her carriage! This daylight photo seems to showcase the details much better :)

244394028_10220265308922967_1303318980269612811_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom