For the first time, I've finally seen the fabled mythical Brazillian Tour Groups

Dole Whip Happy Hour

So what happens when/if there is a rowdy Cheer leading group and the fabled Btg at the same time?
Ever see it? Do they combine forces or try to out do each other in noise?

We have been lucky enough to not have had either groups be really bad yet..or be too annoying. Only a little chanting,only a little bit of teenage antics , only a little bit if cutting in lines. I have had worse treatment from the seagulls at MK.

mf1972

So what happens when/if there is a rowdy Cheer leading group and the fabled Btg at the same time?
Ever see it? Do they combine forces or try to out do each other in noise?

We have been lucky enough to not have had either groups be really bad yet..or be too annoying. Only a little chanting,only a little bit of teenage antics , only a little bit if cutting in lines. I have had worse treatment from the seagulls at MK.

1 group is enough, thank u

stalkingmickey

our trip two weeks ago we have BTG of teenagers Mexican Tour group of adults and a college age dancing competition. lets just say slow January wasn't all that slow. They were not kept to a specific park as we hopped we ran into more groups or maybe even one from another park earlier in the day. we went to go back for our fast pass time and bad timing because a BTG of like 60 just beat us to the line. was not worth having a fast pass anymore. They speak very little English so when the CM on RnRC is telling you which lane to stand in and you and your friends decide you can stand in whatever lane you want the CM yelling to them stopping all other loading until she goes and physically puts them where they should be. I will not be back this time of year again. Now my sept trip seems to be falling during NOJ for first time SMH

Raven66

We haven't seem (or heard) the BTG's but we got a whole lotta cheerleaders and they are pretty bad in their own right. They stretched across Main Street and wouldn't let anyone pass, screaming and cheering as loud as possible. And the adults who were with them were egging them on. Quite a few people just had enough and broke right thru. The dirty looks we all got, mostly from the adults.

javy2004

I've fallen victim to BTG's on previous visits. It's more to do with bottlenecking than chanting. There was a huge crowd in front of ToT as one person was talking to the CM in the entrance trying to get 30+ people to all ride at the same time and the CM telling them it just won't work bc they won't all fit together. I just had to kind of wiggle my way through to get past them and it just held up everything, plus I did not want to wait behind all that. They are loud, but I can't recall full on chant's breaking out aside for waiting for Fantasmic to begin.

I find it funny, albeit necessary, for them to be wearing matching clothes. I saw a group from Uruguay I believe all wearing the national soccer uniform. I thought that was kind of cool. The BTG I mentioned seemed to have hit the outlets before the parks as they were all wearing solid colored hoodies from the Gap with GAP written in white in front.

One thing to consider too as to why so many people from Brazil come is because certain imports are so expensive its disgusting. A PS4 or Xbox1 for example both cost over $1800 American while they sell for $400 or $500 here. Thats mostly due to import taxes. So taking a trip to WDW and buying some ipads and gaming consoles could cost less than just buying the electronics back in Brazil, which could be why so often they look like they raided the outlets.

The one thing that really 'grinds my gears' is when any group of people ignore the moments where they need to stay quiet and get into the attraction (i.e. ToT pre-show and HM pre-show and on attractions themselves). Its ruining the experience for others, some of which could be experiencing the attraction for the first time. Taking flash pics on dark rides is pretty terrible too, most of the time I've seen this happened it appears like foreigners are the culprit.

The only occurrence that I noticed this was during the announcements before Fantasmic was that they were made in English, Spanish and then Portuguese. Are there any other shows or attractions that make announcements in Portuguese?

draybook

Ironically, the only two times we've had actual problems that required action was with a trio of Pop Warner boys and then there was a group of Pop Warner cheer girls at Haunted Mansion.

216bruce

Seen BTG's many times and they've been annoying at worst on a couple of occasions. Personally, I find aggresive stroller pushers and NASCAR-type wheelchair drivers worse. Both will run you down with the former using their child (often way to old for a stroller) as a plow. Don't get me started on the latter group...

Maelstrom Troll

I had the distinct pleasure of being stuck with a large BTG while in the q for PoTC. That chanting resonates off of those walls and being in a confined space.... it was LOUD.

thomas998

Thanks, appreciate the info. And my clue is the language spoken when from S. America. Most guests from Argentina are speaking Spanish, the vast majority of guests from Brazil are not.

You are correct on the language, but in my experience most people don't know that Brazilians don't speak Spanish. I lost track of the number of times someone working with me thought because I had worked in Brazil that I spoke Spanish.

thomas998

The degree of poverty, and the lack of good safety nets, makes poverty in Brazil much tougher than here. In my opinion, I would rather be poor here than in Brazil. Not to mention the lack of opportunity for the lower classes. Upward mobility is not only possible, but almost expected in the U.S. In most Latin American countries, poverty closes most doors that we take for granted (schooling, higher education, unemployment insurance, the general absence of a suffocatingly rigid class structure). Yes, being poor is dismal in either country, but I would tend to think that being poor in Brazil would be much more hopeless.

I'm not sure I would say their upward mobility is hampered anymore than someones in the US, maybe less so. At the very least they all have access to public schools, and unlike the US where you have to pay to go to college they must simply pass a test for the program and university that they want to attend. If they pass the exam it doesn't matter how much money they make the education at the university level is free to those that study hard enough to pass the exam.

Only thing that keeps a lot of people that are poor from having a change of moving up in Brazil is the parents that don't always push education, then again that is true in the US of the poorest folks. But at least if you have a kid down there that wants to learn and pushes themselves they can get a college degree without going in debt for the next 30 years.

Victor Kelly

I have encountered groups from Puerto Rico; singing, chanting, rude. Brazilians; singing, chanting, rude. British; polite, quiet, loved to chat. Japanese; excessively polite, very quiet, not too chatty but very nice people.

It is a cultural thing. However, when visiting a foreign land it is best to act more like the natives than where you come from.

mf1972

I have encountered groups from Puerto Rico; singing, chanting, rude. Brazilians; singing, chanting, rude. British; polite, quiet, loved to chat. Japanese; excessively polite, very quiet, not too chatty but very nice people.

It is a cultural thing. However, when visiting a foreign land it is best to act more like the natives than where you come from.

have to agree with u on the British. never had a problem with them. very nice people & good to have a conversation with. Japanese do seem to keep to themselves, but never a problem. very polite.

Boardwalker

My experience:

Don't know where they were from, but they cut in front of us on test track around 2:30 in the afternoon. Big mistake. It was summer, I'm from the south, however my New England brethren were in line with us. After a few choice words from Boston mom (who was the leader of the New England group) the BTG couldn't speak English. That is until the English words came over the loud speaker to tell us the ride would be shut down for an unspecified time. They looked at us and said " oh too bad..." That's when Boston mom lost it. It was an artistic performance you would be proud of. I smirked, elbowed my DW and said " man I love this place".

thomas998

The British and Japanese don't send their kids off alone when they are 13 or 14 years old. I'm not sure, but I suspect that if you took any group of kids from any country and turned them loose in groups of 20 anywhere in the world that they would not behave like little clones of Mrs. Manners. As a previous person pointed out the main reason is that hey are large groups with no adult leaders.

Redhawk

My husband is Brazilian and I've met enough Brazilians to understand that they feel that being a bit loud is part of "having a good time." Most Brazilians I've met have been lovely people with good manners, but when the kids go off on their own with very little adult supervision they are going to do what most teenagers do. Probably from others who have already been on their Disney World trip they heard that when you go there part of the fun is to chant and sing.

I doubt they understand some of the subtle things about the park, like the music that is in the different lands. To them the MK is a big amusement park and they just want to ride all the rides. Touring the park in a large group makes it hard to pick up on a lot of the details and appreciate them the way we do.

I've been lucky. I've seen them many times but I don't ever recall hearing them chanting or singing. My husband and I have been behind them in certain lines and he usually strikes up a conversation and enjoys talking to them. Sometimes they have been a bit pushy and annoying but I've seen American kids do that also when in large groups.

OnyxNine

I been lucky on the chanting part, i haven't heard them. But i never seen such a group of rude, extremely rude people. They behave like they own the park and other guests owe them something. I feel really bad for the cast members having to deal with those people. Wish disney could do something against that annoying group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom