For Non-Americans

WDWspider

Originally posted by mousecar
I'm not ashamed to admit that I will eat peanut butter on a toasted bagel. I like root beer and need extra, extra butter when I go to the theater.

I am ashamed to admit that I like vienna sausages, spam and potted meat!

I could eat SPAM any day of the week, however... I draw the line at Potted Meat (except SPAM spread :lol: ), Pickled Pig's Feet, and Brains & Eggs. :hurl:

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Originally posted by disney_nutter
i love peanut butter and jelly or jam as we british say.

OK--in the States (colonies):

Jam = crushed fruit that has been thickened. You will see pieces of fruit in the jam, strawberry seeds, etc.

Jelly = fruit juice that has been thickened. There are no pieces of fruit, seeds, etc. You should be able to see through it, like cellophane.

Are both of these spreads called "jam" in the UK?

(sorry to be a pest--this kind of stuff interests me.)

I prefer jelly on peanut butter, but jam on biscuits (scones), English muffins, or toast.

mousecar

Anybody remember Goober Grape. It had the peanut butter and jelly swirled together in the bottle. It was pretty good but I prefer to spread them separately.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mousecar
Anybody remember Goober Grape. It had the peanut butter and jelly swirled together in the bottle. It was pretty good but I prefer to spread them separately.

They still have it :)

(Oh, and we also have combo's of ketchup/relish and mustard/relish too)

(Don't knock it til you try it :) )

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Maria
I like Goober´s. We have it here too.

Those combo´s don´t sound too good Freak!

Well, think about it...they are good :slurp:

When you have a hamburger...pickles and ketchup??? Why not get it over with in one shot? :lol:

Hotdogs...a lot of people like relish...and mustard...Bingo...it all goes down the same way...and ends up in the same place anyways :)

Maria

Yeah... I guess you are right, but I bet ther are not very pleasant to see together in a jar! lol
.....and as my mom says when she mixes food we wouldn´t, "doesn´t it all go to the same place in the end?". :lol:
(she means the stomach, btw) :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Maria
Yeah... I guess you are right, but I bet ther are not very pleasant to see together in a jar! lol
.....and as my mom says when she mixes food we wouldn´t, "doesn´t it all go to the same place in the end?". :lol:
(she means the stomach, btw) :animwink:

Hmmm...ok, I'll agree...it does NOT look good together...but come on...

Attachments

• hamburger relish.jpg
    hamburger relish.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 21

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Jelly Jam debate

I dont know what the official line is but in my part of scotland they were one and the same. In Glaswegian terms kids had a jeely piece ( jam sandwich) physically jam can have lumps or not.

As for Haggis, its great with brown HP sauce turnip and mashed tatties.

Im a real sauces and relish type of guy and love chutneys and the like with my curry and nan bread. A sort of Ameriana meets Asia, a sort of coming together of former colonies:D

What about those other great American institutions Pepsi and Coke, loved by dentists everywhere. Yes we do have them in the UK, they just dont want your custom unless you take out a rip off plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom