For all you EPCOT beer drinkers...there's been a slight change

marko5555

I wish it was more affordable to eat and drink at Epcot, instead I'm limited but my limits are still pretty low, just not low enough and yes I take out cash and set a limit lol
Me Too! How about just charging an affordable amount for a nice cold beer rather than always testing the upper threshold of what people can afford and squeezing out every dime they can. That 12oz beer cost Disney around 50 cents.

OneofThree

It's similar to a sin-tax, and is a win-win for Disney -increase in profits while preventing the place from degradation into a cesspool.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How isn't that real life? I know the difference when I get a smaller beer. which means I will just drink more of them. Not saying they all have to be the same brand either.

People don't buy drinks to get a volume... they are drinking around the world based on sampling and how long they are there. In the EPCOT situation, you have a high transaction friction (lines, buying, etc) and an interest in 'going to the next country'. These factors work against someone buying 2 beers vs 1. The probability of them getting to 20 or 40oz in the same country is reduced when using smaller servings.

Are you going to switch to the next country based on how much volume you drank? Or more likely to say "I'm ready for another beer... which one do I want now?" and be looking for sampling something different. That's what's going to happen with a sizable portion of people.. People are going to keep drinking back to back, but ultimately end up drinking less volume.

MarkTwain

I actually like this change! For me, my favorite part about World Showcase is sampling the food and drink from different countries, so smaller sizes keeps it easier and cheaper to sample while keeping my wits about me. ;)

gavvy

I actually like this change! For me, my favorite part about World Showcase is sampling the food and drink from different countries, so smaller sizes keeps it easier and cheaper to sample while keeping my wits about me. ;)
Does anyone know if the cups have gone back to 20oz on the outdoor carts? The dining menus on wdw show most beers around $8.75 but it does not give the size of the pour

gavvy

was that from inside the quick service or from the turkey leg place opp the theatre. Inside have always used the big cups I believe.

I am trying to work out if the price as shot up of the 12 oz cups or if they have gone back to the bigger cups, probably a bit of both

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
was that from inside the quick service or from the turkey leg place opp the theatre. Inside have always used the big cups I believe.

I am trying to work out if the price as shot up of the 12 oz cups or if they have gone back to the bigger cups, probably a bit of both
It was from the “hut” on the east side of the pavilion on the main walkway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom