FOP 6+ hour wait times

AugieMorosco

Original Poster

This story posted today and it got me thinking about excessive wait times. My instinctual limit to wait times is about 75 minutes for an attraction that I really want to experience. Anything longer than that and I just don't see it being worth it. I'd be so frustrated that I don't think I would enjoy the rest of my day. Ideally, we'd all have our fast passes and never miss anything, but reality doesn't allow for that and I suppose it might be the only way to experience an attraction if it's a once in a lifetime trip.

So who waits 3+ hours for a ride? If you are someone who is willing to stick it out like that, I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why. When has it been worth it for you.

NickMaio

We waited for 3 hours for the wizarding world headliner ride when Hogsmead came out. That was before our little guy.
Now......there is no way on Earth I would wait 3 hours for anything. 75-90 tops.
I dont care if Harrison Ford will be on the ride 3hours plus sounds crazy too me😀.

3 hours will be nothing when SWGE opens. It will be crazy for years.

AugieMorosco

Original Poster
We waited for 3 hours for the wizarding world headliner ride when Hogsmead came out. That was before our little guy.
Now......there is no way on Earth I would wait 3 hours for anything. 75-90 tops.
I dont care if Harrison Ford will be on the ride 3hours plus sounds crazy too me😀.

3 hours will be nothing when SWGE opens. It will be crazy for years.
I'm a lifetime Star Wars fan who is almost entirely happy with Disney's purchase of and decisions with the franchise. That said, we booked our first wdw trip for this summer just to make sure we got there before SWGE opens. I can't imagine it will be any fun for the first 2-3 years. :(

Paper straw fan

I'm a lifetime Star Wars fan who is almost entirely happy with Disney's purchase of and decisions with the franchise. That said, we booked our first wdw trip for this summer just to make sure we got there before SWGE opens. I can't imagine it will be any fun for the first 2-3 years. :(

I’d be inclined to agree. If they have some special passholder early opening type deal I’ll go for that, but otherwise I may just avoid HS, or at least anywhere near the Star Wars area for up to a year.

Chef Mickey

I don't think FOP 6 hr waits are anything close to normal or common.

I went when it first opened at the highest I saw was 260 min...That's insane, but it's not 360 min.

If it's actually 6 hours, your decision to not do it is easy. It won't be 6 hours very long.

Paper straw fan

This past weekend was... well slowly becoming the norm at WDW. Even this time last week FP for all 4 parks were nearly gone.

There’s just no reason to wait 6 hours for FOP unless Avatar is your favorite movie and you have...7 hours to live? That’s most of your day at the park- go ride Everest, see some animals, eat, go into the big a__ tree. You’ll be much happier. If not, I’ll give you your money back (but the line is seven hours long)

AugieMorosco

Original Poster
We don't wait long. My max is about 20 minutes. We use FP and other things but really waiting long standing on hard concrete is something I'm not up for doing much.

That said I don't recall seeing 6 hours. About 4 or so, but not 6. Fortunately it didn't last long either.
6 is crazy town. I'm sure it was very brief, but the regular 2.5+ hour waits are the ones that surprise me. I can't imagine seeing that wait time and making the decision to stand in the line. I guess hours worth of people do.

correcaminos

6 is crazy town. I'm sure it was very brief, but the regular 2.5+ hour waits are the ones that surprise me. I can't imagine seeing that wait time and making the decision to stand in the line. I guess hours worth of people do.

It is. I'm not sure what is going on with wait times though for today. That just seems high. Though someone had like an hour way for TTA. Maybe it was that insane or something was off?

Gainesvillain

We are APs only 90 minutes away from the World, so we are spoiled . . . We typically only wait @ the <30 minute mark, give or take depending on the ride, and if our chosen park is busy, we head to another park. That being said, I would wait ~60 minutes for FOP, but 360?! Nope.

thomas998

This story posted today and it got me thinking about excessive wait times. My instinctual limit to wait times is about 75 minutes for an attraction that I really want to experience. Anything longer than that and I just don't see it being worth it. I'd be so frustrated that I don't think I would enjoy the rest of my day. Ideally, we'd all have our fast passes and never miss anything, but reality doesn't allow for that and I suppose it might be the only way to experience an attraction if it's a once in a lifetime trip.

So who waits 3+ hours for a ride? If you are someone who is willing to stick it out like that, I'd love to hear your thoughts as to why. When has it been worth it for you.
Our longest wait was about 4 hours for DL's Radiator Springs... although in fairness it started with a posted 2 hour wait, but after about 90 minutes the ride kept stopping because of problems so the last 30 minutes of waiting took over 2 hours... We would never do it on purpose and it was maddening because by the last hour we could see the ride loading so it was like a brass ring just within your grasp and we had no idea the ride would continue to run for a couple of cars than then shut down for 30 minutes or more... Frankly we now won't even stand in line if its 60 minutes or longer. At this point we don't even think about trying to get on one of the newest rides unless we have a fastpass, we know someday we'll be back and eventually we will ride it.

NelleBelle

Wow! I thought it was bad when we accidentally got stuck waiting 2-hrs for FOP this summer (stand-by said 75-min and then jumped when we were in line). We were already half way through the line and didn't want to give up at that point. But 90-min. is our absolute max and it has to be something good (like FOP or DLR's SM).

The worst lines we ever waiting in was this Dec. at Magic Mt--took us 3-hrs to get off the hwy to go 1.5 miles to the parking lot, another 2.5 hrs to get through the turnstiles into the park, 2 hrs for our 1st (and only ride). WORST. DAY.EVER!!! Had we not been visiting family and already paid for our tickets, would totally have given up before we reached the parking lot. Six Flags totally off the list for good!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I saw that...and I know how far the line gets when it's around 3 hours....it goes up toward the Lion King Theater, then snakes around back into Pandora and up toward Tiffin's.....I wonder where the line goes when it's 6 hours???

I was in DAK first thing in the morning and at 8:45 AM there was already a 2 hour wait....ugh, what time do they open these days when the official opening is 9AM?

Walt Disney1955

I was hoping to do a WDW trip in the fall of 2019 (October) if not it will be March of 2020. When does Star Wars open again at DHS?

Either way, nothing to me is worth even two hours. There is so much you can do other than that. We saw lines for Space Mountain 50-60 minutes all day and do you know how we got on it so quick? Directly after the fireworks we bolted over to Space Mountain and had a cool 10 minute wait. Luckily we were to the right of the castle on the bridge connecting the hub and Tomorrowland so we had a head start. But to me it just isn't worth it. Our last trip there was a 55 minute wait for Splash Mountain and that was the peak we did.

AugieMorosco

Original Poster
I was hoping to do a WDW trip in the fall of 2019 (October) if not it will be March of 2020. When does Star Wars open again at DHS?

Either way, nothing to me is worth even two hours. There is so much you can do other than that. We saw lines for Space Mountain 50-60 minutes all day and do you know how we got on it so quick? Directly after the fireworks we bolted over to Space Mountain and had a cool 10 minute wait. Luckily we were to the right of the castle on the bridge connecting the hub and Tomorrowland so we had a head start. But to me it just isn't worth it. Our last trip there was a 55 minute wait for Splash Mountain and that was the peak we did.
I believe Galaxy's Edge is expected to open late this year.

jimbojones

45 min is my absolute max, and usually I won't wait more than 30. But I've done it all before and remember the post 9/11 and post "great recession" years when you could go and all the rides were walk ons.

Ariel1986

We don't tend to wait over 20-30 mins for anything and that's usually a ride we really like. We'll stalk FPs for the rides we love but have high wait times. I'd probably wait 55 mins for Slinky and 75 mins for FoP though if we had no other plans. I think for Galaxies Edge if need be we would wait 2 hours though.

I couldn't fathom 6 hours! The only thing I can think of is like us the time we went to Tokyo Disney- we waited 3 hours for Journey to the Center of the Earth. This was because there were no FP left, it was our last day and we hadn't managed to ride it and was on our "must do" list. We actually had nothing but time as we were leaving that evening on a midnight flight and had already checked out of our hotel.

In a situation like that I can see how... maybe. If it was a must do ride you hadn't yet been on and this was your only visit for a long time or even at all? 6 hours is crazy though I really don't know how you could wait that long. Maybe another way would be if there was a large group of you basically hanging out together in line for that long on a day like NYE?

What about bathroom breaks though?! There's no toilets in line- surely you are allowed to leave and return when it's 6 hours?!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom