Foods

goofyguy

BBQ is another good example. Not only is BBQ uniquely American, but it also has quite a few regional variations. Having spent the vast majority of my life in Texas, I must say that it has the best.

Darn. Now I'm hungry and my favorite BBQ place is over 1000 miles away. Thanks. :)

FutureCEO

Original Poster
ex: Rhode Island food specialities and places

Cabinet (Milk Shake)
Gravy (Sauce)
Ginder (Sub)
Doughboy (Freid Dough)
Jimmies (stuff you put on Ice Cream)
Quahog
Saugy (after you have this hot dog, you'll never have any other hod dog except this kind)
Stuffie
Chowder
Clam Cake
Awful Awful (Drink)
Del's
Peanut Butter Cake
Donut Cake
Party PIzza
Big Blue Bug
Bubbler (Water Fountain)
Newport Creamery
Chelio's
Gregg's
---------------------------------------
uniquely American----cookout

nikimsu2002

crazygirley said:
Hmm... from the Detroit area... we eat Better Maid potato chips, Faygo pop... Vernors was already said, as were pasties. I can't think of anything else.

I forgot about the chips and Faygo.

What about Little Ceaser's pizza. It originated here in Detroit too.

rainfully

Big things in St. Louis are toasted ravioli, St. Louis style pizza and frozen custard.

And of course, the King of Beers... :D

(they also say the ice cream cone was invented in St. Louis...)

This thread is makin' me hungry...

DDuckFan130

Static-X said:
Here in South Florida, there is a bit of everything and a bit of everyone....
Very true. Living in Miami you find everything. Coming from a hispanic (Nicaraguan) family, I'm used to our ethnic cuisine, but there's also the vast majority of Cuban food such as Pan con Bistec, Arroz con Pollo, Congris, etc. :slurp: We also have your burger places, pizza, chicken, and so forth, but the big thing around here is the Hispanic (mostly Cuban) cuisine.

Moonshadow1

on the finer side

When I was in school I interned at an American reigonial restaurant. Each region of the country has it's own cusine.

New England has clam bakes, Seafood, Boiled Dinners.

The south has Fried chicken, grits. Things that used lots of Butter and lard.

Creole and cajun cusines are related in that Cajuns were the rich, so they used the best parts, Creoles were the slaves and servents, took the leftovers and discarded parts and used them to feed their families.

The Midwest used lots of game, duck, venison, with methods considered BBQ, Grilling glazing (sometimes sauce, honey, maple syrup-very american).

Califorina has its own cusine. Fresh fresh fresh, goat cheese, organic ingredients, new lighter versions of heavy french classics.

And Florida has Floribian (sp?) Its heavy on fruit salsas, caribean ingredients, fish. Using french methods.

These are just some that I rember. Just about every region in the US has its own thing. Then each state has traditions, even some cities had their own rules on what was the proper way.

One thing I have learned is don't mess with people and their food. If in NE and serving Clam chower you had better have the oyster crackers. And the great bean debate over the fact of putting beans in chili. In some areas it is a must. Others it is a major no no.

Hope this helps with your project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom