Food Rocks to close January 3rd?

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some CMs over on rec.arts.disney.parks are saying that they've recently been informed that Food Rocks will have its final performance on January 3rd of 2004. They say it will be to make room for Soarin's queue.

Can anyone here confirm or deny?

DisneyWorld30th

Anyone know why they would close a perferctly good, working, semi-popular attraction (that is currently being sponsered) to add a new attraction.

I liked someone's idea to put the Food rocks show in The Land food court. I think that would be kind of kool!

General Grizz

I'd vote against the Food Court. There, first of all, isn't room for an AA show if they still want to cater the same foods and house guests. The Land atmosphere is very serene, and I think it should stay that way.

But I think Food Rocks should stay. New show? Yes. Except more like its predecessor and less "hip" stuff, I vote for.

kennyj29

Food Rocks

I like that show and always thought it was fun but I woudn't be devistated if they took it out. I think there is a lot more out there that would upset me more. I think Soarin will be excellent and whatever they have to do with that area to make it more enjoyable they should do. That area in the park is the most deserted I've ever seen anywhere. They need a major overhaul over there (the land, JII and the Living Seas) and I will welcome any changes they can come up with. Also, please take out Wonders of Life, that has always been a thorn in my side from day 1. What a waste of space!!!!!

AndyMagic

I still think the entrance will be outside the main land building and it will exit into the land. A food court, Living with the Land, and a brand new E-ticket ride should not be in the same building. It's already a nightmare in there on busy days, just imagine the crowds going in and out of those doors when Soarin' opens. Not to mention, the inside of The Land reminds me of a mall and I'd rather the new ride have a facade of it's own.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Yes, the quene will be partly put in where Food Rocks is. Apparently this line will be a pretty big one from what I was told and apparently because of this, Food Rocks was like the best pick for them to put part of the quene in.

Since this attraction will be gone. Is it really worth going to see? Un biased opinions only, like youve only seen the show once or twice.

Cause Ive never been to it because I saw it as being a total waste of time (Not as much as JIYI though). And since its going to the garbage (Get it, cause its a food show....uh, nevermind:lookaroun), I figured Id check it out if its worth the time of going over to that side of FW.

kennyj29

Depends

I think it's definitely worth it. I am going back in November and I will definitley go see it for the last time!!! I've only seen it twice but it's a cute show. Since you've never seen it, I would definitley go so you can at least say you've seen it and your glad it's gone or you've seen it and you wish they didn't take it out, just my opinion.

diegorivera2

It's always a good idea to visit an attraction on the chopping block. I, for one, will *always* be glad I took that final trip on Horizons (and got it on video) so I can 're-ride' whenever I choose to!

Is Food Rocks worth seeing? Hmmm, tough choice. However, it's always better to say, 'Well, I didn't really like it, but at least I saw it', rather than to never know.

ImSweetPea

I for one would vote for Food Rocks to stay.. I thinks its a great show ... but not just for kids!! Could it be that the attendance is that low that they need to get rid of it???

ImSweetPea

I would agree!! Although I think its a great show.. Disney has done better!!! But I would have to say if you have never seen it... I think it would be unfair to say its no good!!

DisneyWorld30th

This question may not belong here...but...

How many theatures will be at Soaring? I believe Califonia has two theatures going each 15 minutes...anyone know if they will build more here?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
This question may not belong here...but...

How many theatures will be at Soaring? I believe Califonia has two theatures going each 15 minutes...anyone know if they will build more here?

I heard 2 theaters a while back...(for epcot's soarin).
But I dunno if that has changed or if its true.:confused:

meeko_33785

Food Rocks was a pretty cute show. Not the best WDW had to offer, but still nice. One thing puzzels me though, for a park that is always trying to stop the myth that they don't have enough things for young children to see there, why in the world would they take out one of their only attractions that catters to that age group? I can understand taking out things like WoM and Horizons which were... um.... not exactly what 3 year olds are interested in, but this?:confused:

BSikor

<b>[Bsikor is channeling "Fud Wrapper" ]
</b>
"Man what a bummer! I can't believe I'm closing down. It's not our fault that our show is corney. We're still entertaining. People still come and see us! So what we're educational! So what the Cher wish is eeriely frightening to small children. I just feel that our un-healthy enemies -Excess, is winning now. It's a sad day for the kitchen and nutition! Well, gotsta go, a show's about to start and we are gonna rock the house down. I see a little old ladie and 3 kids in the front row. Let's see if I can get them to crowd surf!! Remember kids, You gotta read the wrappa' and choose before you chew. I'll be waiting in the kitchen...waiting in the kitchen, for you."

<b>[BSikor shakes his head and comes back to his normal self (sounding nothing like Ton Loc]</b>

That was odd, I heard Ton Loc, Pita Gabriel, The Refidgerator Police... What a dream!

mikeb_86

Is this really happen? Man, this was one of those atractions that only my mom and me liked. this was one of our top 10 atractions over at Epcot. Hay Land CM's or Epcot Cm's if your out thare is thare a offical date that it goes down. So thats whare soran's quota is going dang. O Well it will be missed by me and my mom.

mikeb_86

Scooter

I for one will miss Food rocks.:(

While it wasn't by any means a "Must See" attraction, I thought it was cute and accidently educational.

To Parody Peter Gabriel and Chubby Checker and all the others and turn them into food groups was both funny and stroke of genious.

I don't think anyone could watch Food Rocks the first time and not chuckle a little bit.

It was one hundred times better than it's predecessor Bonnie Appettite.

:hurl:

I STILL have nightmares about that show and that Lame Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit song!! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom