Food Rocks to close January 3rd?

General Grizz

Aww, you don't like Bonnie Appetit? I was VERY sad to see KK go (one of my favorites), but, frankly, I don't care for Food Rocks. I mean, Veggie Fruit Fruit was an extravaganza...one of the most well-known EPCOT songs...

Better than a cardboard cutout giving two movements over thirty seconds time...

*puts on shield* :lol:

And no, Wonders of Life really should stay open unless they have plans to update it . . . -WITHOUT- Toy Story :lol: (can you believe that rumor?!) and without taking out the whole spirit of health, education, senses, etc.

BalooChicago

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Aww, you don't like Bonnie Appetit? I was VERY sad to see KK go (one of my favorites), but, frankly, I don't care for Food Rocks. I mean, Veggie Fruit Fruit was an extravaganza...one of the most well-known EPCOT songs...

I agree, I still miss Kitchen Kabaret... Food Rocks can go, it's not half what KK was.

maelstrom

I miss Kitchen Kabaret. :( But then again, I miss all the rides and attractions that closed. My mom loves "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit". Oh, how I love my "Official Album of Disneyland & Walt Disney World 1991" cassette :D *rambles on and on about awesome cassette*

I think putting the Soarin' queue in The Land building would be a big mistake.. The Land is so crowded sometimes. :( But they have good cupcakes.. mmm :slurp:

My replies are all over the place today. Bare with me, I'm tired and discombobulated. :lookaroun

General Grizz

I love the OA of 1991! I have it on both CD and cassette. :p (Bought it after '95, too!)

And I think Soarin will have two entrances - outside, and from the Land, according to Lee.

Originally posted by dox
KK ruled! Bonnie was oh so sexy!

Um.....

:lookaroun

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

:lookaroun

Actually, you would have been quite pleased to see her backstage position (when the curtains were closed). . .

maelstrom

I love the OA of 1991! I have it on both CD and cassette. :p (Bought it after '95, too!)

*gets all cute and adorable* you wouldn't wanna copy that cd for me, would you?? *bats eyelashes* ;) :wave:

General Grizz

The CD is scratched...errors pop up around Making Memories and Golden Dream. . . sometimes New Horizons has a bleep in it.

I've been able to transfer the cassette to my computer however.

Now that I think of it, none of the songs on the disc are currently up for sale in their original forms. :(

(Canada and Golden Dream - version on this tape, however - were available on the 2000 album).

maelstrom

The CD is scratched...errors pop up around Making Memories and Golden Dream. . . sometimes New Horizons has a bleep in it.

I've been able to transfer the cassette to my computer however.

Now that I think of it, none of the songs on the disc are currently up for sale in their original forms. :(

(Canada and Golden Dream - version on this tape, however - were available on the 2000 album).

That's a shame about your CD. :( There are some on Ebay and half.com, but they are rather expensive. That's why I haven't got it on CD yet.

I was able to get a lot of the songs off mIRC and Kazaa. I didn't get most of the instrumentals like "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" and "Maple Leaf Rag" and "Swanee River". I want to make a cd of all the instrumentals I have (including the Space Mountain wedway tunnel music and the Horizons omnimax music!).

I can't wait until I learn French (in January, first semester of college!), then I'll be able to understand the French parts of the Canada song! (because I'm sure the words that I sing [oh yes, because I sing along to my tape] are not the correct ones at all) :lol:

maelstrom

Originally posted by SNS
Even "Journey Into Your Imagination"?

You mean the one between the good old show and the current.. thing? That doesn't even count. I miss my vintage EPCOT Center attractions! Long live Figment & Dreamfinder!

(Dreamfinder will live on forever [well, at least for a bunch of months] in the form of my gold angelfish, Dreamfinder)

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by dox
KK ruled! Bonnie was oh so sexy!

I saw Bonnie recently...she ain't lookin' all that good these days.

Yeah, I heard that there will be an exterior entrance, and maybe exit, for Soarin'. Could be that there will be 2 exit paths, one into land, one out to Future World.
Mind you, it's pretty vague info.

Lee

Adventurer
They didn't make her a pirate, did they? :lookaroun

I don't know about her friends, but ole Bonnie is at Central Shops, helping demonstrate to guests on tours how AAs work.

Actually, she doesn't look so bad....its the naked Small World dolls that can be disturbing. :dazzle:

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by maelstrom
You mean the one between the good old show and the current.. thing? That doesn't even count. I miss my vintage EPCOT Center attractions! Long live Figment & Dreamfinder!

(Dreamfinder will live on forever [well, at least for a bunch of months] in the form of my gold angelfish, Dreamfinder)

Urgh...let's not get started on this...I can remember taking my (at the time) fiance, her daughter (and friend) and 6 y/o son for the first time to Disney back around 1996. The upstairs area at JIYI was one of their favorite spots. We went back after they converted it and in my naivety figured they would just make it better. :cry:

Since we went to DL last year instead of WDW I haven't seen the new/improved Figment, but we are excited that he's back, my Mom said the ride was 2 million times better than *the dark era* so my now Wife and I are excited to take our children (3/4) and grandchildren (3/4) on it when we go back this December. :hammer:

NemoRocks78

Seized
This is a shame. One of my little sister's favorite rides, now closing. I never enjoyed it, but it was ok sometimes.

But my question is this-
WHAT THE HECK DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE LAND?

I always thought it would be better suited in Wonders of Life:rolleyes:

pan11435

Well, the land pavilion has always focused on vegetation and farming more than anything else. Food Rocks promotes good nutrition which for the most part according to the show consists of fruits and vegetable. Many of these may have just been seen growing on LwtL. However I do agree that it could fit in WoL..

Lee

Adventurer
Wait...GUESTS???

I wanna see Bonnie! :lol:

They take the Backstage Magic tour groups thrugh the AA shop.
Can't miss her, she's the star of the shop.
Cost ya bout 200 clams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom