Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What about video editing? Is that a career or a skill that can be used to crate a career? What about production? Only a career if you work for a company rather than self.
It seems y’all want to bend the definition to fit your options rather than the reality.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

What about video editing? Is that a career or a skill that can be used to crate a career? What about production? Only a career if you work for a company rather than self.
It seems y’all want to bend the definition to fit your options rather than the reality.
A union film editor is indeed a career. a non union person not in the film or tv industry using imovie or another program on their own personal time to edit a home movie to add to you tube is not a career.

M:SpilotISTC12

A union film editor is indeed a career. a non union person not in the film or tv industry using imovie or another program on their own personal time to edit a home movie to add to you tube is not a career.
I work in television and use most of the editing programs (not imovie). Most television stations use either Premiere or Avid. Both are pretty affordable. These programs are made for pros and non-pros a like. So really what these non-pros are using are exactly what the pros use. However pros are getting more work because of the skill base they obtained through experience. These Youtubers now can get that experience and put together a reel that will some day get them paid work, a la a career.

bigrigross

I do not quite understand how you think that is not a career. If you can make money from something and want to continue. That is a career. Its entrepreneurship 101. That is exactly like saying someone who owns a small business isn't doing a real job because they are not working at Walmart.....

Also, why the emphasis on UNION film editor. There are plenty of non union editors. You do not go to college to learn how to do film editing and then a requirement of graduation is to be part of a union. Their are a ton of independent film editors that make enough money to make themselves happy. That is the only requirement to a career. Can you pay your bills and are you happy. I dont have a CAD degree, yet can use AutoCAD and Fusion 360 perfectly fine to do what it needs to do. Just like people on youtube are using it to reach a certain level of quality for the best return.

mergatroid

Tim and Jenn were showing and talking through one of their earlier vlogs from 10 years ago yesterday. Their style and presentation has definitely changed a lot, along with their content. It was strange viewing and at one point Jenn (10 years ago Jenn) said "We've just complained that we had to wait too long to get our food and we got these cookies free, if you complain you get free stuff". Tim then says "Yeah, just ask for free stuff and they'll give it you"

At this point the present day Trackers stopped the video and said "please don't complain to get free stuff". Tim then says "I bought those cookies and thought it would be funny to say we got them free by complaining, it was just our sense of humour back then".

I think the alarm bells started ringing as they realised how much stuff they get invited to for free by Disney now and didn't want to risk that by encouraging others to try to 'scam' stuff by complaining. Though in fairness they probably were joking back when they made it (and probably never thought their videos would lead them to where they are now). It's an interesting watch to see just how they've evolved, Jenn telling him "not to film my butt" and Tim pointing out "Dinosaur nipps" in the Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

M:SpilotISTC12

Funny how the Trackers are Disney vloggers but won't go and show the re-opening process. If they are making this channel their source of income its kinda funny how they are not "interested in showing the re-opening". Jenn: If you want to see that kind of content, you won't find it on this channel. Isn't that what you guys do on your channel? Must be nice to be pick and choose what you want to show and when. Others are probably going to do it.

DisneyJoe

Funny how the Trackers are Disney vloggers but won't go and show the re-opening process. If they are making this channel their source of income its kinda funny how they are not "interested in showing the re-opening". Jenn: If you want to see that kind of content, you won't find it on this channel. Isn't that what you guys do on your channel? Must be nice to be pick and choose what you want to show and when. Others are probably going to do it.
You're completely leaving out their reasoning which they discussed in detail.

Giss Neric

Uh...

Disstevefan1

I have to agree. The average person looks to these vloggers to keep the rest of us informed. Many of TheTimTracker vlogs were simply walking around resorts, showing us around, directions, landmarks etc., now Tim is not “interested” in going to DS? I am disappointed he won’t be gong if just give us a walking tour like he has in the past.

If the Tracker family feels unsafe at this point that’s fine, be honest and say that! I can accept that, but to say they are not interested, does not sit right with me.

As Jen said, if we want that, it wont be on their channel. That’s fair. I have unsubscribed. There are plenty of local vloggers around. I suspect they will keep the rest of us informed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have to agree. The average person looks to these vloggers to keep the rest of us informed. Many of TheTimTracker vlogs were simply walking around resorts, showing us around, directions, landmarks etc., now Tim is not “interested” in going to DS? I am disappointed he won’t be gong if just give us a walking tour like he has in the past.

If the Tracker family feels unsafe at this point that’s fine, be honest and say that! I can accept that, but to say they are not interested, does not sit right with me.

As Jen said, if we want that, it wont be on their channel. That’s fair. I have unsubscribed. There are plenty of local vloggers around. I suspect they will keep the rest of us informed.
Tim has never been the type of vlogger who has to be “the first”...at least as long as I have watched him. That is everyone else maybe who are not established and need as many clicks as possible. Tim does it differently. Neither way is right or wrong.
So if that is what you want, yeah, maybe correct to unsubscribe then.

disney4life2008

We are all entitled to our opinions on things, but it's pretty pathetic when someone goes out of their way to repeatedly attack something they don't like. You don't like Vloggers, it's clear what this thread is about, why do you even read it?

Because a substantial amount of the conversation is the fact they are using people to make money.

mergatroid

Because a substantial amount of the conversation is the fact they are using people to make money.

Which businesses don't. You think your doctor/airline/car dealer/grocer/butcher/pharmacy/cable company/cellphone provider/cinema/vet/theme park/gardener/joiner/builder/film star/musician/actor/estate agent/fitness instructor/teacher/fireman/policeman (I could go on all day) is doing what they do for the love of it and not making money? And I've criticised the Trackers for their super chat.

Giss Neric

Keep in mind they are first time parents. Priority is their kid and safety. What more do you expect from them. If they are not interested then respect that. There are PLENTY of other YouTubers who will be there on May 20th. You don't have to search for them as they will be recommended to you especially if you watch the Trackers.

When parks reopen and we see back to back to back theme parks vlogs, people complain too.

So corny of you to unsubscribe just for that reasoning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom