Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Raineman

LOL nice try. I am making a strong critical argument that they are pathetic! Period! I have a real job and make excellent money.
Please explain how your argument is critical, when part of your argument is insulting people. And what is your definition of a real job? If someone is making money, doing something that is legal, ethical and that provides something to someone else, that is a job, regardless of anyone else’s opinions.

MMFanCipher

Sorry, I'm not going to read 13 pages to see if Lou Mongello has been mentioned. But I watch and listen to him. He is very upbeat and you need that sometimes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I watched a few of them for about a year and then it got really old. At first it was fun to watch every day people go to the theme parks because it was relatable. It was fun to see the park updates and LTO snacks and offerings that I don't get to experience often as a non-local.

But as vloggers get more popular, they always less genuine. When they start getting paid just for making their videos and continuously get free tickets to experiences then their videos become big commercials and their park experiences are no longer relatable. It took the fun out of it for me. Good for them for financially gaining from it but I can no longer trust what they have to say because their intention is for profits and free experiences at that point. If you can see past that or enjoy living vicariously through them, that's cool. I can see the marketing plan behind it and it ruins it for me lol.

Not to mention watching someone go to the same parks all the time got really bland. They're fun parks, obviously, but seeing them through another person eventually felt very unnecessary. I'd rather just go in person and experience it for myself. But to each their own. I tried vlogging for 6 months (including some local theme parks and a trip to Disneyland) and there were some very fun parts to it but none of it is genuine. You're editing yourself so of course you're showing only what you want to show vs. the full/true picture. It felt fake to me and I recognize that in other vlogs.

This is one of the reasons I like ResortTV1, they have remained very genuine, they don't do this for a living so they still do it for the fun of it.

eliza61nyc

Please explain how your argument is critical, when part of your argument is insulting people. And what is your definition of a real job? If someone is making money, doing something that is legal, ethical and that provides something to someone else, that is a job, regardless of anyone else’s opinions.

Stop making sense, lol

107320-full.jpg

Last edited:

mergatroid

Precisely, it's not. They're not debating at all, just giving an opinion and insulting folk. It's either they're not smart enough to debate it, or have no evidence to back up their 'point' so resort to rudeness instead.

I can and have, been critical of vloggers content. They don't annoy me though as I'm smart enough to not watch them if they do, I also don't agree with everything they do but back that up with explanations. However whatever they earn from youtube comes from them proactively doing something and working on it. It comes from their content either failing or succeeding to interest the people out there who then watch it. Some of the ones doing it longer may have even done it with no idea that it would make them money initially, but even if that's the case why should them making money from it now bother others? I do feel uncomfortable when they take donations during live chat for example, but I've explained my reasoning for that in the past.

To seemingly get upset at how others earn a living must be from some other underlying issues or just jealousy? I usually imagine that people in this category are those who had to work hard at getting where they are and resent those they feel didn't have to work as hard (in their opinion) to get where they are. So somebody who spent 4 years at university getting qualifications and now utilises them along with hard work to make a living, seems annoyed at anyone they think has got where they are much more easily. They want everyone to know they earn good money and are clever and like to put others down in an attempt to make life seem more just to themselves somehow.

They fail to see that the world is full of different people who excel at different things. Many don't have the brain capacity (myself included) or desire to become a doctor or an astrophysicist, if they're able to make a good living doing other stuff then good on them I say. There are people in the world using their good looks to be models, making millions of dollars for example. They're basically not using anything but their looks to make a living yet why should this matter as they're not harming anyone? If anything they probably pay more tax through their earnings to provide more for the 'have nots of the world' than those criticising them for how they make their living. It's a very shallow way to look at life and a crappy way to judge other human beings, ironically they actually come across as the real losers in life for doing so.

deeevo

They also donated a great deal to vlogger Liz Linen to help with her health issues. Hopefully she's in a safe and through lockdown.
Cool.. not sure why you guys to need prove to me they do good things. I know they do because I watch their vlogs. I was correcting the person who said they make 6k a month. It is much more than that. They are not the only vloggers that do well financially on YT.

The_Jobu

Cool.. not sure why you guys to need prove to me they do good things. I know they do because I watch their vlogs. I was correcting the person who said they make 6k a month. It is much more than that. They are not the only vloggers that do well financially on YT.

Not directed to you or anyone in particular, just sharing.

disney4life2008

That's fantastic, I'm sure everyone reading that is really impressed and thinks you're great. Pity you show little to no humility though.
I don't see how repeating "I make a lot of money" over and over again is a strong argument, but ok.

LOL you can't seriously think running to Disney at the drop of a new cupcake is not the most ridiculous thing you ever heard of? Please...

Ariel1986

It's a very shallow way to look at life and a crappy way to judge other human beings, ironically they actually come across as the real losers in life for doing so.

I think you meant to say, loosers in life 😉😂

For real though now I’m thinking this person is definitely a troll. Such a small community to think it’s hilarious satire to though, really. And if they’re not a troll... well. Each to their own... I guess!

mergatroid

LOL you can't seriously think running to Disney at the drop of a new cupcake is not the most ridiculous thing you ever heard of? Please...

If I had an established youtube channel and knew that filming a new cupcake release could potentially make me thousands of dollars if I filmed myself doing it, then I'd be mad not to do it I'd argue. You've picked one specific example there to make the whole thing sound ridiculous however, as though any person could today create a youtube channel, go to Disney Springs to buy a new donut and make thousands of dollars doing so.

To me it shows initiative to be a successful vlogger, why do you resent them so much? The world is full of stuff that makes money that can be ridiculed.

Football Players = Ooh grown men running around a field chasing a ball and touching each other
Golfers = Ooh men and women hitting a ball towards a hole for a living
Actors = Wow, grown ups pretending they're in a space ship chasing monsters and pretending to fire guns
sites that charge money = What, people actually PAY for ? (allegedly, I wouldn't know obviously)
Fashion designers = Ooh look I've invented a belt with sparkles on it, I'll charge $1,000 for it and see how many idiots buy it
Card manufacturers = We'll charge £3 for a card with Happy Birthday on it and guilt trip people into buying it to show they love somebody
Joke product manufacturers = Ok so I've made a toy cow that drops his shorts and farts when you clap, that's something everyone needs
Electronic manufacturers = folks we've answered your dreams. Instead of only being able to have 40,000 songs on your device, you can now have 50,000
Internet Forums = let's create a platform where strangers can argue with each other about Disney World topics

If people can make money doing something that you think is stupid and angers you, then you're the one with the problem. By all means keep on bragging about how much money you make and how the way that you make money is so much more righteous than others. The reality is many on here are looking at you and thinking you have no humility and are just rude.

Ariel1986

If I had an established youtube channel and knew that filming a new cupcake release could potentially make me thousands of dollars if I filmed myself doing it, then I'd be mad not to do it I'd argue. You've picked one specific example there to make the whole thing sound ridiculous however, as though any person could today create a youtube channel, go to Disney Springs to buy a new donut and make thousands of dollars doing so.

To me it shows initiative to be a successful vlogger, why do you resent them so much? The world is full of stuff that makes money that can be ridiculed.

Football Players = Ooh grown men running around a field chasing a ball and touching each other
Actors = Wow, grown ups pretending they're in a space ship chasing monsters and pretending to fire guns
**** sites that charge money = What, people actually PAY for ****? (allegedly, I wouldn't know obviously)
Fashion designers = Ooh look I've invented a belt with sparkles on it, I'll charge $1,000 for it and see how many idiots buy it
Card manufacturers = We'll charge £3 for a card with Happy Birthday on it and guilt trip people into buying it to show they love somebody
Joke product manufacturers = Ok so I've made a toy cow that drops his shorts and farts when you clap, that's something everyone needs
Electronic manufacturers = folks we've answered your dreams. Instead of only being able to have 40,000 songs on your device, you can now have 50,000
Internet Forums = let's create a platform where strangers can argue with each other about Disney World topics

If people can make money doing something that you think is stupid and angers you, then you're the one with the problem. By all means keep on bragging about how much money you make and how the way that you make money is so much more righteous than others. The reality is many on here are looking at you and thinking you have no humility and are just rude.

You didn’t include enough exclamation points or “pathetic!”s so unfortunately your point may be invalid... 😉

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

**** sites that charge money = What, people actually PAY for ****? (allegedly, I wouldn't know obviously)

I don't believe your innocence on point 4...

disney4life2008

Pathetic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom