Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Chip Chipperson

A lawyer volunteered to help the Woo get his trespass removed. I am sure This vlogger will eventually will get it removed, but it will probably require a lawyer to do it.
I'm sure it will eventually be removed. It took Adam a while to get Disney to undo it. My guess isthat after a certain amount of time has passed (at least 1 year, for sure) they can ask Disney to let them in again with the promise to not violate the rules anymore.

wutisgood

Resort Concierge and/or Guest Relations are free planning resources for any guest
And with that an entire industry of touring plans. being the main operator exists because disney planning sucks. Everyone knows this. Wouldn't be surprised if this all was mainly about gearing up to ban their employees or any 3rd party data services.

Indy_UK

Anyone here follow Adam Hatton? His new Patrons do take a 'Mickey' as a Disney 'Guru' he thinks he can charge people for tips and tricks of doing the parks and telling people why he bought DVC.

Screams of desperation that the money is running dry

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Anyone here follow Adam Hatton? His new Patrons do take a 'Mickey' as a Disney 'Guru' he thinks he can charge people for tips and tricks of doing the parks and telling people why he bought DVC.

I do watch Adam. It does however depend on who is with him though. Some of his acquaintances are annoying to me so I won't watch them.

Colonel Angus

I find his codependency with Gary quite odd. Though, he has been traveling alone more often but it’s strange how he feels this sense of philanthropy by purchasing upper class tickets for his 40+ year old unemployed friend.

He does know a lot about what’s changing and what’s going on but he’s not really my cup of tea. I’m just trying to understand how he has no job but can afford transatlantic flights 9 times a year and DVC membership. Sure, he has the exchange rate in his favor but it’s not that much. DVC is still a good car payment per month.

Indy_UK

I find his codependency with Gary quite odd. Though, he has been traveling alone more often but it’s strange how he feels this sense of philanthropy by purchasing upper class tickets for his 40+ year old unemployed friend.

He does know a lot about what’s changing and what’s going on but he’s not really my cup of tea. I’m just trying to understand how he has no job but can afford transatlantic flights 9 times a year and DVC membership. Sure, he has the exchange rate in his favor but it’s not that much. DVC is still a good car payment per month.

Agreed. He certainly pays for Gary and others to travel with him which is sad in itself. It must be from the merch he flogs that covers his costs. Why flying business class is that amazing is beyond me.

His knowledge is shaky. He's released books about the unofficial guide to DCL yet on his most recent cruise from the UK, didn't realise they don't do Pirate night, yet fully dressed up.

LeighM

I do watch Adam. It does however depend on who is with him though. Some of his acquaintances are annoying to me so I won't watch them.

Same. I like Adam's vlogging style when he's solo. But it's the very loud and obnoxious "Good morning" that gets on my nerves. If I had the room next to him, I would be very annoyed.

I like watching Gary but I don't like watching Adam and Gary together. It's almost like watching two immature teenage girls with the giggling and acting out trying to get the boys attention. I haven't seen them act that way when different people are with them. I think that's why I like watching Adam the Woo except for when he has that blonde female with him. He's just laid back and chill - no squealing, giggling, or fake excitement like I've seen from Adam Hattan, Nate, or Kyle Pallo. And he doesn't sound like Kermit, which is all I hear from Tim Tracker lol.

nickys

Premium Member

Alarm bells are going off in my head. Your comments are bringing back thoughts of a certain other disgraced person.

Imhere

I do not think it should be illegal to take people around a park independently based on knowledge and advice that would not be breaking the rules while everyone has bought tickets and the "guide" has no special favors nor is sharing some personal benefit.

I could see a situation where a lot of people were selling DAS access and Disney just additional data to get rid of anyone that might be grouping random tours.
No you don't get it. These people are filling a demand for something that disney does not offer. Banning people for this as long as they are not abusing DAS doesn't make sense as those people at that price point aren't going to buy a VIP tour instead for way more money. There is no service disney offers that is just a guide and planning without priority access or backstage transport.

So, you're saying that I should be able to go to the Biltmore House and charge people to give them tours? I could come up with topics for a few tours that Biltmore doesn't offer.

Heck, I could go to the White House and open a business giving tours?

I honestly don't see where anyone has the right to piggyback and make money off someone else's business.

I really don't see why Disney hasn't lowered the boom on most of these vloggers that are profiting ONLY off Disney business.

I could see letting Molly, or Dis Unplugged or a few others continue vlogging because they provide helpful info and actually may increase Disney business by the info they provide. What I don't understand is how they let a vlogger like Pallo stumble around their parks, bothering guests, filming on rides, providing inaccurate information.

Phil12

I honestly don't see where anyone has the right to piggyback and make money off someone else's business.
Both WDW and Disneyland have really brought this sort of activity upon themselves. For many years Disney has offered very substantial discounts on admission media, rooms, merchandise, transportation and food. The overwhelming majority of the deep discounts are for select groups (geographic locations, union groups, government employees, professional groups, credit union members, industry trade groups, etc.) and are not advertised to the general public. The discounts come and go very quickly and it takes a real expert to keep track of the available discounts and know the eligibility requirements. Someone who really knows how the system works can make a very good living arranging Disney vacations while saving their clients thousands of dollars. Disney's secrecy in these matters allows this to happen. Money talks.

gitchard

Someone who really knows how the system works can make a very good living arranging Disney vacations while saving their clients thousands of dollars. Disney's secrecy in these matters allows this to happen.
We are not talking about arranging Disney vacations.

We are talking about people arranging the vacation and then going with the client as a tour guide in the park.

Those acting as tour guides were trespassed.

EPCOT-O.G.

Like many, I started following some of these vloggers during Covid. I think they experienced a boom by many people wanting to live vicariously through them. It seemed like a lot of people relocated to Florida specifically to go all in on this lifestyle.

Based on viewer numbers, a general growing ambivalence by the vloggers themselves, and a lack of Disney activity on the horizon, I am getting a general sense that we’ve hit a max saturation point and we’ll start to see a lot of these people peel off and move on to the next thing, or disappear completely. Can the market sustain a DFB, Molly, Trackers, Woo, PMM, Super Enthused, as well as Pallo, Dev, and a host of others? It all feels so rote, and even the ones who were most visibly cheery early on have a malaise and deadness behind their eyes as they show up to be the first to sample the next new cupcake.

jloucks

I know this is a totally random question but I'm just curious what vlogging really is and what the purpose of it is. I mean I understand it in this instance in the sense that it is relaying specific information about a specific place. But just some random youtuber filming random things in their life? Is that what vlogging is and why do people care? I mean suppose I start a thread on here called "This is what I done today..." and then just logged on everyday and said "I went to UPS and delivered boxes. Then I came home and ate supper. Then I got on the internet. Then I went to bed." Would people be all about that? I'm guessing no. So, out of pure curiosity, what is the appeal of vloggers in general or am I misunderstanding what vlogging is?

If you are at all sensitive to narcissistic behavior, you may be put off by many vlogs.

I am ok with vlogs that are primarily voiceover and fact-filled. I have watched a few of them.

Not so much when they are mostly headshots and opinions. Disney vlogs seem to be mostly this with a big sprinkle of manic behavior mixed in for flavor.

All that said, I do get it. If you are passionate about something while also having a high capacity to experience things vicariously, vlogs are for you.

None of the above applies to sex, relationship, spectacle, or political vlogs, those are a whole other beast.

nickys

Premium Member
If you are at all sensitive to narcissistic behavior, you may be put off by many vlogs.

I am ok with vlogs that are primarily voiceover and fact-filled. I have watched a few of them.

Not so much when they are mostly headshots and opinions. Disney vlogs seem to be mostly this with a big sprinkle of manic behavior mixed in for flavor.

All that said, I do get it. If you are passionate about something while also having a high capacity to experience things vicariously, vlogs are for you.

None of the above applies to sex, relationship, spectacle, or political vlogs, those are a whole other beast.
I agree 100%

My favourite continues to be ResortTV1 and his “Relaxing strolls” videos. I also liked his resort walk-abouts. Haven't seen him around the forums so much recently.

In general anyone who is constantly in shot or is a non-stop talker annoys the heck out of me.

Communicora

Premium Member

Colonel Angus

Like many, I started following some of these vloggers during Covid. I think they experienced a boom by many people wanting to live vicariously through them. It seemed like a lot of people relocated to Florida specifically to go all in on this lifestyle.

Based on viewer numbers, a general growing ambivalence by the vloggers themselves, and a lack of Disney activity on the horizon, I am getting a general sense that we’ve hit a max saturation point and we’ll start to see a lot of these people peel off and move on to the next thing, or disappear completely. Can the market sustain a DFB, Molly, Trackers, Woo, PMM, Super Enthused, as well as Pallo, Dev, and a host of others? It all feels so rote, and even the ones who were most visibly cheery early on have a malaise and deadness behind their eyes as they show up to be the first to sample the next new cupcake.
I also think that in addition to the “living vicariously” aspect, there were so many major changes constantly happening at the parks due to protocols and whatnot. Now it seems it’s slowed down so content isn’t as consistently fresh or exciting anymore.

EPCOT-O.G.

I also think that in addition to the “living vicariously” aspect, there were so many major changes constantly happening at the parks due to protocols and whatnot. Now it seems it’s slowed down so content isn’t as consistently fresh or exciting anymore.
Absolutely. The Disney-industrial complex requires something new (whether wholesale or changes). The slowed progress on new attractions has a spillover effect on the vlogs that require that content.

I do think , DFB, RTV1, PMM, and the Trackers will be okay given their current following. (In terms of frequent/live content; this doesn’t apply to the Perjurers or those that are basically video essayists). The rest? They don’t have a natural lane or the viewership that seems to be sustainable in the long term.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Agreed. He certainly pays for Gary and others to travel with him which is sad in itself. It must be from the merch he flogs that covers his costs. Why flying business class is that amazing is beyond me.

His knowledge is shaky. He's released books about the unofficial guide to DCL yet on his most recent cruise from the UK, didn't realise they don't do Pirate night, yet fully dressed up.
People like Gary C. I imagine he brings in a lot of views.

Also, keep in mind this IS his job. So a flight to Orlando should be seen as a business expense. I don't think he makes much (a guess), but between his vlogs, books and merch, he probably keeps himself going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom