Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Now it seems it’s slowed down so content isn’t as consistently fresh or exciting anymore.

It's gotten over-saturated. You've got the "popular" and "heavy viewed" vloggers. But there are hundreds of others with much smaller followings trying to build their numbers. And face it, once a few of them opine on the escargot pastry in the France pavilion for F&W, do we really need to view the other 85 vlogs that will be reporting it? That's what its come to.

I do think , DFB, RTV1, PMM, and the Trackers will be okay

They'll be okay as long as Disney let's them be okay. IMO Disney is angling for control. And that could mean many things.

Vegas Disney Fan

I am getting a general sense that we’ve hit a max saturation point and we’ll start to see a lot of these people peel off and move on to the next thing, or disappear completely. Can the market sustain a DFB, Molly, Trackers, Woo, PMM, Super Enthused, as well as Pallo, Dev, and a host of others? It all feels so rote, and even the ones who were most visibly cheery early on have a malaise and deadness behind their eyes as they show up to be the first to sample the next new cupcake.
I think we’ve seen this already, Adam, the trackers, even Dev has been doing less at Disney and more at the other parks, and travelling in general, for the last year+.

It’s a saturated market, there’s a couple sites that dominate the news, a couple sites that dominate the construction updates, a couple sites that dominate the strolls… unless you’re already established it’s going to be hard to become a major Disney vlogger.

Phil12

We are not talking about arranging Disney vacations.

We are talking about people arranging the vacation and then going with the client as a tour guide in the park.

Those acting as tour guides were trespassed.
Actually it is a combination of both services. Most guests don't partake of the non Disney tour guides because, quite frankly, they can't afford it. And these guides don't make the mistake of using social media for advertising their services. It's strictly word of mouth. Yet they get more bookings than they can handle. Due to the high profit margin they are able to purchase multiple versions of discount admission media under assumed aliases to assure and insure their continued livelihood. They also make sure to maintain a low profile so as not to draw attention to their activities. Knowing how to blend in with a small group, a large group and/or a crowd is an art unto itself.

However, after rereading my previous post, I understand why you may have thought I was talking about common Disney vacation planning such as is offered by travel agents and tour planning services. Yes indeed the social media tour guides are being weeded out by Disney for the obvious reasons previously discussed.

LeighM

Based on viewer numbers, a general growing ambivalence by the vloggers themselves, and a lack of Disney activity on the horizon, I am getting a general sense that we’ve hit a max saturation point and we’ll start to see a lot of these people peel off and move on to the next thing, or disappear completely. Can the market sustain a DFB, Molly, Trackers, Woo, PMM, Super Enthused, as well as Pallo, Dev, and a host of others? It all feels so rote, and even the ones who were most visibly cheery early on have a malaise and deadness behind their eyes as they show up to be the first to sample the next new cupcake.

Adam the Woo has always done non-Disney content in addition to the theme parks. He's announced that after this year, he is no longer going to be doing the daily vlogs and will be switching gears to other projects. He'll still do videos but he's switching it up. I think DFB will be able to do well because people watch their videos when researching their trips and planning their dining so I they will probably always have an audience. I think Molly would've been okay but I can't understand why her husband quit his day job to do Mammoth Club full time. But then again, I'm extremely risk averse so I would just want someone to keep a steady paycheck and health insurance :) However, I don't see much sustainability for PMM, Pallo, or Dev. I think Dev might get tired of it and will go back to regular work if/when they have children together. And I have no idea about the Trackers because I cannot watch any of their vlogs anymore. A whole lot of channels will just die off - there's been a few channels I watched during the pandemic that seemed to fade away with time. Like that one man that was obsessed with the Skyliner being built - I think it was called Passport to the Parks. Does anyone know what happened to him? And then there was another married couple that could never get organized and they never did any research. I tried to watch a few but it was VERY painful so I unsubscribed.

Colonel Angus

Adam the Woo has always done non-Disney content in addition to the theme parks. He's announced that after this year, he is no longer going to be doing the daily vlogs and will be switching gears to other projects. He'll still do videos but he's switching it up. I think DFB will be able to do well because people watch their videos when researching their trips and planning their dining so I they will probably always have an audience. I think Molly would've been okay but I can't understand why her husband quit his day job to do Mammoth Club full time. But then again, I'm extremely risk averse so I would just want someone to keep a steady paycheck and health insurance :) However, I don't see much sustainability for PMM, Pallo, or Dev. I think Dev might get tired of it and will go back to regular work if/when they have children together. And I have no idea about the Trackers because I cannot watch any of their vlogs anymore. A whole lot of channels will just die off - there's been a few channels I watched during the pandemic that seemed to fade away with time. Like that one man that was obsessed with the Skyliner being built - I think it was called Passport to the Parks. Does anyone know what happened to him? And then there was another married couple that could never get organized and they never did any research. I tried to watch a few but it was VERY painful so I unsubscribed.
Adam the Woo does 45 minute long airport videos, presumably for the tax write off. His content has become repetitive and awful. I don’t have issues like others with him spending money like he has lately despite his “live simply” ethos. But he just repeats himself and doesn’t bring much enthusiasm to videos anymore. Additionally, his New Year’s Eve at Epcot video and temperance movement rant was just so odd and off putting and in my opinion unnecessary. The fact that he bought a house in celebration leads me to believe he will not make any less Disney content as mentioned.

Cmdr_Crimson

Adam the Woo does 45 minute long airport videos, presumably for the tax write off. His content has become repetitive and awful. I don’t have issues like others with him spending money like he has lately despite his “live simply” ethos. But he just repeats himself and doesn’t bring much enthusiasm to videos anymore. Additionally, his New Year’s Eve at Epcot video and temperance movement rant was just so odd and off putting and in my opinion unnecessary. The fact that he bought a house in celebration leads me to believe he will not make any less Disney content as mentioned.
Considering he's banned from Universal Orlando Resort ..I can't wait to see everyone blogging their experiences at Epic Universe and all he can do is go to Disney...🤣

LeighM

I laughed at his NYE Epcot vlog. I'm glad he did it though because I would've assumed any Disney park open for NYE to still have that Disney vibe and keep the "feel" of the park - just bigger. I never would've guessed that Epcot had large, loud stage shows and dance parties. I don't like loud music like that at all so now I know not to ever go. That video actually helped me. But I don't watch his walk and talks (which I've noticed Dev has been copying and I just roll my eyes) or his travel videos unless it's a cross country drive because he stops at places I would be interested in seeing but that my husband has no interest in. But I don't know what the location of his house has anything to do with what content he produces. Celebration looks to be a very pretty community, homes with a lot of curb appeal, easy access to Disney parks (which he likes), close to a lot of amenities including easy access to the airport, and still be close to his aging parents. A lot of people live in Celebration that aren't vloggers. He must be doing well for himself considering the price of the LoveSac bean bag type chair he purchased....

Considering he's banned from Universal Orlando Resort ..I can't wait to see everyone blogging their experiences at Epic Universe and all he can do is go to Disney...🤣

I don't watch AtW enough to know about his multiple bannings lol. I had watched the vlog where he talked about being banned from WDW and how he got access back after some period of time. But what did he do to get banned from Universal Orlando? 🤣

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't watch AtW enough to know about his multiple bannings lol. I had watched the vlog where he talked about being banned from WDW and how he got access back after some period of time. But what did he do to get banned from Universal Orlando? 🤣
He had gone into areas guests were not allowed to enter like the old Nick Studios and the Triceritops encounter..However, during the time when Race through New York was opening he was officially banned.

For some reason while he's banned from the Orlando Resort but goes heavily to the one in Hollywood which you would have think would not be allowed at any Universal park.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think Adam’s the best when he’s just out in the middle of nowhere exploring, I’ve even enjoyed his last couple days of driving around his golf cart exploring Celebration, we love travel and I often dream of just driving across the country so there’s some living vicariously through him.

LeighM

He had gone into areas guests were not allowed to enter like the old Nick Studios and the Triceritops encounter..However, during the time when Race through New York was opening he was officially banned.

For some reason while he's banned from the Orlando Resort but goes heavily to the one in Hollywood which you would have think would not be allowed at any Universal park.

So he did the same thing there that he did to get banned from Disney. I wonder if he wants to appeal Universal's decision or if Universal is being tougher than Disney and they aren't changing their mind. Now I'm really curious.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So he did the same thing there that he did to get banned from Disney. I wonder if he wants to appeal Universal's decision or if Universal is being tougher than Disney and they aren't changing their mind. Now I'm really curious.
He did a vlog a few years ago about how he got the Disney ban lifted. He stated that he could probably do the same with UO but wasn't interested at the time. This was when he still lived in So. Cal.

smattso1

Other than The Tim Tracker, is anyone aware of any youtube vloggers that live in Florida, and vlog the parks on a regular basis?

I watch adam the woo and justin scarred, and am looking for more - any suggestions?

thanks!
I recently stumbled upon Castle Crew Review. They are a couple who live in Florida and post 2-3 times per week. They are positive, upbeat, knowledgable, and you can tell they have a passion for Disney. Definitely refreshing to see, since most of them these days have been doing it forever and seem burnt out. Disney is my escape from it all.. It's my feel good fix. Very relatable and easy to live vicariously through their videos.

mergatroid

there's been a few channels I watched during the pandemic that seemed to fade away with time. Like that one man that was obsessed with the Skyliner being built - I think it was called Passport to the Parks. Does anyone know what happened to him?
I believe he was stuck in the skyliner one time it broke down and either starved to death or died from overheating with there being no air conditioning 😧

obviously I'm joking

mergatroid

Has anyone ever actively sought out videos from people with next to no followers who are trying vlogging and failing miserably? It can be quite amusing when you watch them when there's obviously been no planning ahead and other family members aren't comfortable being filmed or have nothing to say etc. There was a great British one (I'm British so no hate from here) a few years ago which I can no longer find that was superb. The kid talking to the camera thought he was so cool winking at the camera making observations such as "It's so hot, that, that, that, if I were a chocolate bar I'd be runny, you know because of the heat and the melting and it being hot". He went on with these embarrassing inane observations throughout and then decided to share at one point "My nan has an upset tummy so whilst she's on the toilet, we're having a Mickey bar" :D

They're all stood there eating their Mickey bars and as his nanna is wheeled back over he says "You feel better now nan"? I was almost on the floor at home laughing at this point. I mean at the stage of editing it at what point did he think that telling strangers that his nan is sat on the toilet with an upset stomach whilst talking about how good his Mickey bar tasted was a winning formula for a vlog? Suffice to say he never became a social media sensation but stuff like that in small doses can really be quite entertaining in a perverse way if you have time to kill.

LeighM

Has anyone ever actively sought out videos from people with next to no followers who are trying vlogging and failing miserably? It can be quite amusing when you watch them when there's obviously been no planning ahead and other family members aren't comfortable being filmed or have nothing to say etc. There was a great British one (I'm British so no hate from here) a few years ago which I can no longer find that was superb. The kid talking to the camera thought he was so cool winking at the camera making observations such as "It's so hot, that, that, that, if I were a chocolate bar I'd be runny, you know because of the heat and the melting and it being hot". He went on with these embarrassing inane observations throughout and then decided to share at one point "My nan has an upset tummy so whilst she's on the toilet, we're having a Mickey bar" :D

They're all stood there eating their Mickey bars and as his nanna is wheeled back over he says "You feel better now nan"? I was almost on the floor at home laughing at this point. I mean at the stage of editing it at what point did he think that telling strangers that his nan is sat on the toilet with an upset stomach whilst talking about how good his Mickey bar tasted was a winning formula for a vlog? Suffice to say he never became a social media sensation but stuff like that in small doses can really be quite entertaining in a perverse way if you have time to kill.
There was another family vlogger channel who was awkward like that. I stumbled across one video where they had gone to Epcot to film a festival, I think, but the wife developed a migraine (which I also suffer from) but she went back to the car to wait for him and he rushed around World Showcase just for footage. Just come back another day to film instead of editing and uploading that useless video that helps no one when trying to plan for an Epcot festival LOL. I did recently discover another couple recently that focuses on food - and while I despise watching that man eat, their reviews are actually pretty good. But I only watch them if they are reviewing a new to me place I'm interested in going to.

mergatroid

Have any Florida vloggers got into trouble for arranging meet ups with underage viewers at all? The reason I ask is there was a British Channel where one of the presenters was investigated by the police after numerous complaints. It was a theme park channel so it naturally attracted a lot of teenagers looking to see what rides were where and what the hosts thought of them. One of the hosts (who no longer has a connection with it) organised meet ups at various places either in the parks or a nearby area which seemed innocent enough initially. The complaints came in shortly afterwards that he'd been grooming underage girls and taken numbers and sending inappropriate messages etc.

I don't think the police thought it worthwhile charging him however he left the channel immediately afterwards. Now it could be he had no intention of wrongdoing and never thought that meeting and then messaging young girls was anything more than being 'friendly'. Alternatively there's a far more sinister possibility that we hope wasn't the actual case. Regardless it did open up the realisation that adult vloggers arranging meetups with fans (some underage) isn't the best idea for the vlogger, nor the safest thing for a minor to attend. I suppose because this vlogger had a public channel it meant he held a position of not being a 'stranger' to many when in fact just because he had a youtube channel didn't mean he was a completely safe person for kids to be around.

I know The Trackers were banned by Disney from arranging fan meet ups in the parks a good few years back. Just to clarify there were no accusations or suspicions of any wrongdoing by them, it was more the disruption it caused Disney when a large number of people gathered at an agreed place in the MK and then followed Tim around on a kind of unofficial tour.

I've no idea whether youtube have changed the rules since regarding adults using their channels to meet up with 'fans', perhaps by making the creators highlight that nobody under 18 years of age is welcome or will be entertained? If not, they probably should do.

Last edited:

Lirael

I do sometimes. If I want to see about a very specific topic (Ex: current breakfast options in Garden Grill. yes, I know the menu is online but say I wanted to see how the food and interior looks like live), I'd search for any video pertaining to that, and focus on the most recent ones. That results in seeing a lot of vids from people that have next to no followers

And you can definitely notice a difference. The way people speak isnt engaging, wrong focus for what they're trying to showcase, conversation is boring, amateur editing or no editing at all etc

Communicora

Premium Member
There was another family vlogger channel who was awkward like that. I stumbled across one video where they had gone to Epcot to film a festival, I think, but the wife developed a migraine (which I also suffer from) but she went back to the car to wait for him and he rushed around World Showcase just for footage. Just come back another day to film instead of editing and uploading that useless video that helps no one when trying to plan for an Epcot festival LOL. I did recently discover another couple recently that focuses on food - and while I despise watching that man eat, their reviews are actually pretty good. But I only watch them if they are reviewing a new to me place I'm interested in going to.
Maybe I am in the minority, but I watch vloggers for their personality and location, not necessarily travel planning advice. I like the ones that don't feel like they belong on a travel show.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

We like to watch vlogs from cruises we’ve done and that often results in finding videos by people who are new to it, or just doing it for their own memories. Some are pretty good, others are unwatchable with all the fast camera movement, etc.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I watch vloggers for their personality and location, but not necessarily travel planning advice. I like the ones that don't feel like they belong on a travel show.

We’re the same, if we’re going to a new country or city we’ll watch blogs to familiarize ourselves with them but with Disney we are just watching to be entertained.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom