News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

ctrlaltdel

I agree! I'm tired of these fat cat corporations building/operating/maintaining their own roads, sewer lines, fire departments, etc. It's high time they share that burden with the taxpayers!
It is very strange. It doesn't work out always, but public private partnerships are pretty key to modern local governance. It helps to leverage both the individual strengths of private investment and the legal power of government to do things that otherwise wouldn't get done. Disney/RCID is a model in this respect.

Chip Chipperson

One example, the funding of infrastructure by RDIC bond issuance allowing for WDW to finance off the books.

But without RCID, those projects would largely (if not entirely) be funded by the taxpayers of the county in which the projects took place. Maybe not the Disney Springs parking garages (but there would probably be some amount of public funding there, too, possibly resulting in parking fees to cover the cost of financing). Or the projects just wouldn't get done at all. Do you think Disney would build and maintain new roads on its own without any sort of ability to get a lower interest rate on its financing like it does with RCID?

GimpYancIent

What is the benefit of continued existence? Because it's been around a long time let's keep it going? There will be some adjustment, modification and realignment but the bottom line will be everything will continue to function just fine.

Disstevefan1

After RCID is gone will we see Osceola building inspectors with their orange safety vests, clipboards and tape measures in the parks…

GUEST: “Hey no cutting in the queue”
INSPECTOR: “Excuse me, but I must measure something”
INSPECTOR: “Just what thought. All right everybody, please leave the area, we have a code violation!”

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What is the benefit of continued existence? Because it's been around a long time let's keep it going? There will be some adjustment, modification and realignment but the bottom line will be everything will continue to function just fine.
Your last sentence is a bit naïve. You're not even considering the economic implications for Orange County and other counties in the surrounding areas.

peter11435

So you just ignored the two questions I asked and asked a third?

For over 50 years the district has been and continues to be mutually beneficial. It’s continued existences ensures that the financial and operational burden of providing services to the resort remains with Disney and not with local governments and taxpayers. And then there’s the long list of benefits for tourists.

lazyboy97o

Right now the counties get paid for services they don’t have to provide. It’s essentially free money. That seems like a pretty good benefit in exchange for something the counties don’t tightly control, zoning.

GimpYancIent

Your last sentence is a bit naïve. You're not even considering the economic implications for Orange County and other counties in the surrounding areas.
There will be no economic collapse, there will be no epic business catastrophe, there will be realignment and some reorganization. All the infrastructure work, construction, business functions etc, etc, etc in the surrounding areas i.e. Orange County will continue unabated.

lazyboy97o

After RCID is gone will we see Osceola building inspectors with their orange safety vests, clipboards and tape measures in the parks…

INSPECTOR: “Just what thought. All right everybody, please leave the area, we have a code violation!”
That’s not how it works and the EPCOT Building Code is not less restrictive than the Florida Building Code enforced by the counties.

Lilofan

There will be no economic collapse, there will be no epic business catastrophe, there will be realignment and some reorganization. All the infrastructure work, construction, business functions etc, etc, etc in the surrounding areas i.e. Orange County will continue unabated.
DeSantis might have a word with you. You explained more speculation than he did when he was asked by reporters.

Joel

None of the parks are in Osceola county, and I have never heard of this happening in any non-Disney park. Let's keep our concerns at least vaguely believable.

Lilofan

Will the new inspectors adhere to the Disney look attire?🤔

GimpYancIent

So you just ignored the two questions I asked and asked a third?

For over 50 years the district has been and continues to be mutually beneficial. It’s continued existences ensures that the financial and operational burden of providing services to the resort remains with Disney and not with local governments and taxpayers. And then there’s the long list of benefits for tourists.
Long list of benefits for tourists? The visitors, travelers, tourists to the area derive what from RCID? The folks passing through could care less about RCID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom